Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I think Ben would care as since he has the mantle now, having it be revealed Spider-Man who has a long history of not killing, suddenly be announced as having killed someone won't do any good for his public perceptions, since Spider-Man isn't like those heroes that kill nonchalantly like Wolverine. It's not something the public expects of Spider-Man like it's not something they expect of DD which is why he had to go through trial since he took responsibility for it. If It comes out Ben can't run from it like those other heroes do, as they'll probably be calling for him to stand trial.
    Again he's not Spider-man.And Beyond has legal teams to prove it.Why would it apply to Ben, same way it wouldn't apply to Miles.

Incredible Member

I think Ben would care as since he has the mantle now, having it be revealed Spider-Man who has a long history of not killing, suddenly be announced as having killed someone won't do any good for his public perceptions, since Spider-Man isn't like those heroes that kill nonchalantly like Wolverine. It's not something the public expects of Spider-Man like it's not something they expect of DD which is why he had to go through trial since he took responsibility for it. If It comes out Ben can't run from it like those other heroes do, as they'll probably be calling for him to stand trial.
    KingPin might know the secret that this Spider-Man (Ben) was previously the Jackal from the events of the Clone Conspiracy. Using that against him of people having their loved ones bs k, only for them to degenerate before everyone.

So who are the Thunderbolts this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Again he's not Spider-man.And Beyond has legal teams to prove it.Why would it apply to Ben, same way it wouldn't apply to Miles.
    He's the man in the mantle. I know you have your issues with Ben, but narratively he is Spider-Man and the public in universe doesn't now the difference between him and Peter, that's something even mentioned in the FCBD issue. You wanted to know why Ben would care and would likely be dragged into this, so there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    KingPin might know the secret that this Spider-Man (Ben) was previously the Jackal from the events of the Clone Conspiracy. Using that against him of people having their loved ones bs k, only for them to degenerate before everyone.
    I wouldn't put it past Kingpin, but I would find it extremely unlikely. Like outside of the hero community, only a handful of people are actually aware of Ben's existence, as a clone and even less that he was the Jackal which is something only Peter and the people connected to him like Kaine, Spider-Gwen, and Otto knew about. I'm more inclined to say its Peter's accidentally killing someone, but it could be something entirely different. Whatever it is, I think it'll have to do with something Peter did, which will land Ben in trouble since he's passing himself off as the same Spider-Man.

Incredible Member

I wouldn't put it past Kingpin, but I would find it extremely unlikely. Like outside of the hero community, only a handful of people are actually aware of Ben's existence, as a clone and even less that he was the Jackal which is something only Peter and the people connected to him like Kaine, Spider-Gwen, and Otto knew about. I'm more inclined to say its Peter's accidentally killing someone, but it could be something entirely different. Whatever it is, I think it'll have to do with something Peter did, which will land Ben in trouble since he's passing himself off as the same Spider-Man.
    True. Very true. I’ll have to dig my issues out again, but I thought that Jackal/Ben offered a resurrected wife of the Kingpin back with his cloning-revival-process? Maybe I’m getting a story mixed up with another one. I was using that as my thought of the Kingpin knowing of Ben being the Jackal. I need to go dig those issues out again.

Good points thou. Thanks.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    So who are the Thunderbolts this time?
    They're from the KiB mini, where Kingpin basically builds his own Suicide Squad as a PR stunt to fight Knull to the citizens of NYC. At the end of the mini they blackmail him into being the first people he calls when he needs a job done.

Lineup is

Taskmaster (leader)
    Batroc
    Star
    Mister Fear
    Mister Hyde
    Grizzly
    Figment
    Man-Bull
    Sentry's dead body

Could always be switched up, but would expect to see at least a few of these in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    They're from the KiB mini, where Kingpin basically builds his own Suicide Squad as a PR stunt to fight Knull to the citizens of NYC. At the end of the mini they blackmail him into being the first people he calls when he needs a job done.

Lineup is

Taskmaster (leader)
    Batroc
    Star
    Mister Fear
    Mister Hyde
    Grizzly
    Figment
    Man-Bull
    Sentry's dead body

Could always be switched up, but would expect to see at least a few of these in it.
    Thanks, I didn't read that mini. Is Sentry a zombie or something? Seems way above the league of the rest.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Thanks, I didn't read that mini. Is Sentry a zombie or something? Seems way above the league of the rest.
    Nope, just his dead body, which has the power in it of a nuke. I'm not sure if it will be important at all, but the last time we see it Mister Fear is still lugging it around Weekend at Bernies style.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

True. Very true. I’ll have to dig my issues out again, but I thought that Jackal/Ben offered a resurrected wife of the Kingpin back with his cloning-revival-process? Maybe I’m getting a story mixed up with another one. I was using that as my thought of the Kingpin knowing of Ben being the Jackal. I need to go dig those issues out again.

Good points thou. Thanks.
    He did, in the leadup to The Clone Conspiracy. I believe it might have been in one of the "Before Dead No More" issues. Kingpin snapped his "reanimated" wife's neck because he wasn't going to put up with what he saw as a mockery of the woman he loved, even giving Spider-Man some intel that could help him find Norman Osborn as a token of appreciation for putting a stop to Jackal-Ben's operation. That said, if he knows the Jackal that approached him is now the Spider-Man working for Beyond Corporation, that could easily lead to badness . . . and speaking of badness, the Beyond Corporation, at least in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers, turned out to be a front for an interdimensional horror, so whatever they want with Ben as Spider-Man likely isn't for the good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I like a Spidey/Daredevil crossover, and Kingpin links the two, but, no Pete as Spidey makes this pointless for me, I'll pass...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He did, in the leadup to The Clone Conspiracy. I believe it might have been in one of the "Before Dead No More" issues. Kingpin snapped his "reanimated" wife's neck because he wasn't going to put up with what he saw as a mockery of the woman he loved, even giving Spider-Man some intel that could help him find Norman Osborn as a token of appreciation for putting a stop to Jackal-Ben's operation. That said, if he knows the Jackal that approached him is now the Spider-Man working for Beyond Corporation, that could easily lead to badness . . . and speaking of badness, the Beyond Corporation, at least in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers, turned out to be a front for an interdimensional horror, so whatever they want with Ben as Spider-Man likely isn't for the good.
    Yeah, I’m def gonna dig those issues out again my boxes again. I was certain what you recapped was what I read. That’s what I was basing my theory on, lol.

I’ll have to dig my Mighty Avengers issues out to, to re-familiarize myself with that story as well. I kinda remember it all, but all I realllllllllly remember off hand was that Blade was disguised as Ronin, lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I’m def gonna dig those issues out again my boxes again. I was certain what you recapped was what I read. That’s what I was basing my theory on, lol.

I’ll have to dig my Mighty Avengers issues out to, to re-familiarize myself with that story as well. I kinda remember it all, but all I realllllllllly remember off hand was that Blade was disguised as Ronin, lol.
    And dressed in a knockoff "Spider Hero" costume before he got the Ronin outfit. That was fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I feel like Peter should be involved in bringing Fisk down considering their dynamic in the last few years, but I'm not that worked up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Peter should be involved in bringing Fisk down considering their dynamic in the last few years, but I'm not that worked up about it.
    i feel conflicted about kingpin and spiderman relationship cause on one hand kingpin is nothing to Peter but at the same time he is one of his bigger threats. But for Daredevil he is always a big threat. Sure DD dont compare to Spidey but I worry more for Dd when dealing with Kingpin than Peter. Like I associate Kingpin more with DD than Peter. But for some reason the fact both are his greatest enemies yet throws me off a little
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy