Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Default Devil's Reign

All hell breaks loose in the Marvel Universe as the Kingpin finally declares all-out war on the heroes in Devil’s Reign!
    Having set the stage in their Eisner-nominated Daredevil epic, Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s far-reaching crossover event finds Mayor Fisk outlawing all Super Heroes in New York and unleashing intel on all their dark secrets, while pitting Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and many more against his Thunderbolt agents. But in the end…Who Will Reign?

According to promo art, Spider-Man is Ben. Wonder what secrets Ben has, that Kingpin knew about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    All hell breaks loose in the Marvel Universe as the Kingpin finally declares all-out war on the heroes in Devil’s Reign!
    Having set the stage in their Eisner-nominated Daredevil epic, Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s far-reaching crossover event finds Mayor Fisk outlawing all Super Heroes in New York and unleashing intel on all their dark secrets, while pitting Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and many more against his Thunderbolt agents. But in the end…Who Will Reign?

According to promo art, Spider-Man is Ben. Wonder what secrets Ben has, that Kingpin knew about.
    When the promo came out it was listed as "Spider-man(Peter Parker)".Where is this promo art.Even in the FCBD it's Peter.Peter has been a consistent guest star in DD.

If beyond messes this up, f*ck beyond so hard.We rarely get street level events.This one is written by Chip as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If beyond messes this up, f*ck beyond so hard.We rarely get street level events.This one is written by Chip as well.
    Ugh, give it a rest already…

Not gonna lie, it's pretty dumb how Peter's had some pretty great and prominent effective guest appearances in Zdarsky's Daredevil and then when it's the big event story for it he's not a part of it. Marvel usually ignores continuity these days anyway so what harm would it really have done having this story just vaguely take place before Beyond? Love Ben though, I guess he at least teamed up with DD as Spidey once before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ugh, give it a rest already…
    No, no I don't think I will.

I will say Miles being involved is cool.He rarely gets to interact with these guys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Not gonna lie, it's pretty dumb how Peter's had some pretty great and prominent effective guest appearances in Zdarsky's Daredevil and then when it's the big event story for it he's not a part of it. Marvel usually ignores continuity these days anyway so what harm would it really have done having this story just vaguely take place before Beyond? Love Ben though, I guess he at least teamed up with DD as Spidey once before.
    Wanda is "dead" rn and still is leading an event in Darkhold, yet Peter can't be a part of this.Smh

Wanda is "dead" rn and still is leading an event in Darkhold, yet Peter can't be a part of this.Smh
    Right exactly lol.

Extraordinary Member

Unlike Superior , at least have the heroes realize that it's not Pete.DD felt something off in Superior, I think he could tell it's not Pete.And play around w/ that, Chip gets characters.If secrets are on the loose, then they won't trust him.

And from what we have seen of Beyond Corp, y'know Multiversal level threats why is Kingpin a problem?

I doubt Kingpin has any dirt on Ben, hell I'm not even sure he's aware of Ben's existence at all. Kingpin probably has dirt on Peter that will affect Ben now that he's in the role.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I doubt Kingpin has any dirt on Ben, hell I'm not even sure he's aware of Ben's existence at all. Kingpin probably has dirt on Peter that will affect Ben now that he's in the role.
    Any examples?
    Like what dirt would he have that would effect Peter and Ben?

Unlike Superior , at least have the heroes realize that it's not Pete.DD felt something off in Superior, I think he could tell it's not Pete.And play around w/ that, Chip gets characters.If secrets are on the loose, then they won't trust him.

And from what we have seen of Beyond Corp, y'know Multiversal level threats why is Kingpin a problem?
    Matt should already know who Ben is, as they teamed up during the 90s. Matt could tell he was not Peter due to his heart beat, so if he's around Ben again, he'll connect the dots anyway.

As for the Beyond corporation, they haven't made a play yet, they probably do have ulterior motives to help Ben, but so far they haven't done anything. Also what exactly has the Beyond corporation done? Are they as bad as Hydra or any of the other evil groups in the MU?

Any examples?
    Like what dirt would he have that would effect Peter and Ben?
    Who the hell knows? Apparently he's aware of the skeletons in the closets of these heroes, maybe it's the fact he killed someone? I remember in Chip's DD run Peter mentioned that, which was why he was so up and arms against Matt who himself had accidentally killed someone. I have no frame of reference for Peter killing someone accidentally taking place, so you could enlighten me if it's not something retconned in.

Extraordinary Member

Who the hell knows? Apparently he's aware of the skeletons in the closets of these heroes, maybe it's the fact he killed someone? I remember in Chip's DD run Peter mentioned that, which was why he was so up and arms against Matt who himself had accidentally killed someone. I have no frame of reference for Peter killing someone accidentally taking place, so you could enlighten me if it's not something retconned in.
    It was Charlie, it was a punch in the Dark, he thought Logan was attacking him.In Berlin w/ Wolverine.It hasn't been retconned.

But why would Ben care?And why would the public, so many vigilantes actually murder people and no one bats and eye.Moreover if they did, Beyond has a legal team and they have operated on a multiversal level scale.So King pin would be toast.

Ofc this won't matter because Chip was using and planning to use Pete and is now stuck w/ this.Hopefully any big moments he had for Pete here, he can incorporate later when Ben is gone.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-07-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Matt should already know who Ben is, as they teamed up during the 90s. Matt could tell he was not Peter due to his heart beat, so if he's around Ben again, he'll connect the dots anyway.

As for the Beyond corporation, they haven't made a play yet, they probably do have ulterior motives to help Ben, but so far they haven't done anything. Also what exactly has the Beyond corporation done? Are they as bad as Hydra or any of the other evil groups in the MU?
    Hope so.It sucks for Chip has well, he waited all this time using Peter in DD and so well and now is stuck w/ the clone smh.First the Strange death tie-in thing, now this.So f*cking annoying.

They want chaos.And they are pretty deady, Spidey has deal w/ them before buy it was much later than the whole Ben thing so Ben doesn't remember.My point is if they want us take Kingpin as an actual threat here, Beyond would take care of him easy.

It was Charlie, it was a punch in the Dark, he thought Logan was attacking him.In Berlin w/ Wolverine.It hasn't been retconned.

But why would Ben care?And why would the public, so many vigilantes actually murder people and no one bats and eye.Moreover if they did, Beyond has a legal team and they have operated on a multiversal level scale.So King pin would be toast.

Ofc this won't matter because Chip was using and planning to use Pete and is now stuck w/ this.Hopefully any big moments he had for Pete here, he can incorporate later when Ben is gone.
    I think Ben would care as since he has the mantle now, having it be revealed Spider-Man who has a long history of not killing, suddenly be announced as having killed someone won't do any good for his public perceptions, since Spider-Man isn't like those heroes that kill nonchalantly like Wolverine. It's not something the public expects of Spider-Man like it's not something they expect of DD which is why he had to go through trial since he took responsibility for it. If It comes out Ben can't run from it like those other heroes do, as they'll probably be calling for him to stand trial.
    Last edited by GSman; 09-07-2021 at 01:52 PM.