Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Devil's Reign

All hell breaks loose in the Marvel Universe as the Kingpin finally declares all-out war on the heroes in Devil’s Reign!
    Having set the stage in their Eisner-nominated Daredevil epic, Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s far-reaching crossover event finds Mayor Fisk outlawing all Super Heroes in New York and unleashing intel on all their dark secrets, while pitting Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and many more against his Thunderbolt agents. But in the end…Who Will Reign?

According to promo art, Spider-Man is Ben. Wonder what secrets Ben has, that Kingpin knew about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    All hell breaks loose in the Marvel Universe as the Kingpin finally declares all-out war on the heroes in Devil’s Reign!
    Having set the stage in their Eisner-nominated Daredevil epic, Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s far-reaching crossover event finds Mayor Fisk outlawing all Super Heroes in New York and unleashing intel on all their dark secrets, while pitting Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and many more against his Thunderbolt agents. But in the end…Who Will Reign?

According to promo art, Spider-Man is Ben. Wonder what secrets Ben has, that Kingpin knew about.
    When the promo came out it was listed as "Spider-man(Peter Parker)".Where is this promo art.Even in the FCBD it's Peter.Peter has been a consistent guest star in DD.

If beyond messes this up, f*ck beyond so hard.We rarely get street level events.This one is written by Chip as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If beyond messes this up, f*ck beyond so hard.We rarely get street level events.This one is written by Chip as well.
    Ugh, give it a rest already…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ugh, give it a rest already…
    No, no I don't think I will.

I will say Miles being involved is cool.He rarely gets to interact with these guys.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty dumb how Peter's had some pretty great and prominent effective guest appearances in Zdarsky's Daredevil and then when it's the big event story for it he's not a part of it. Marvel usually ignores continuity these days anyway so what harm would it really have done having this story just vaguely take place before Beyond? Love Ben though, I guess he at least teamed up with DD as Spidey once before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Not gonna lie, it's pretty dumb how Peter's had some pretty great and prominent effective guest appearances in Zdarsky's Daredevil and then when it's the big event story for it he's not a part of it. Marvel usually ignores continuity these days anyway so what harm would it really have done having this story just vaguely take place before Beyond? Love Ben though, I guess he at least teamed up with DD as Spidey once before.
    Wanda is "dead" rn and still is leading an event in Darkhold, yet Peter can't be a part of this.Smh

Wanda is "dead" rn and still is leading an event in Darkhold, yet Peter can't be a part of this.Smh
    Right exactly lol.

Extraordinary Member

Unlike Superior , at least have the heroes realize that it's not Pete.DD felt something off in Superior, I think he could tell it's not Pete.And play around w/ that, Chip gets characters.If secrets are on the loose, then they won't trust him.

And from what we have seen of Beyond Corp, y'know Multiversal level threats why is Kingpin a problem?

Just want to point out that Darkhold was supposed to come out in 2020 way before Beyond but got delayed thanks to the pandemic. So...Darkhold is taking place before Trial of Magneto.

On topic: I'm glad Jessica Drew is included in this and I really hope she has a bigger part of the main story since she had a part to play in Fisk being Mayor anyway.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Just want to point out that Darkhold was supposed to come out in 2020 way before Beyond but got delayed thanks to the pandemic. So...Darkhold is taking place before Trial of Magneto.

On topic: I'm glad Jessica Drew is included in this and I really hope she has a bigger part of the main story since she had a part to play in Fisk being Mayor anyway.
    Ik, we have seen multiple continuity inconsistencies.I hope I don't have to prove that.Take Iron man, he's in space in his solo so basically MIA and yet w/ Avengers.They could have easily set this before Beyond if they wanted.Heck even Ben is in space rn and FCBD shows Beyond has been contacting him for a while before he agreed, they just set it up as a before after thing.

Marvel has a bad track record of continuity.And I'd argue Peter has been as much a part of Kingpin stuff as DD himself, w/ all the kingpin we have seen in ASM and in DD series.You've said that you're indifferent to Peter's character (IIRC on the Spider-woman thread), but I think you can understand why him not being here is a massive waste of years of set-up.

If this was a random event like Empyre which has no personal stakes for Peter, much less years of build up in both his book and the series that will lead to the event then that's completely fine.Peter's tie-in's to empyre were cancelled and it doesn't matter much.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-20-2021 at 09:33 PM.

TBF, Peter is also going to be in Darkhold while out of commission lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    TBF, Peter is also going to be in Darkhold while out of commission lol
    My point exactly, if you can include him in a random event why not include him in one which he helped built up for years in both his book and the main book.Like peter being there would be perfect and have immense impact, Ben is just another hero in the mix.
    Hopefully if december solicits aren't baiting then he might get to be in the last 4, Zdarsky would write the heck out of Peter's return to help the heroes.

When the promo came out it was listed as "Spider-man(Peter Parker)".Where is this promo art.Even in the FCBD it's Peter.Peter has been a consistent guest star in DD.

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...021001_cov.jpg

Looks like Beyond Spidey to me. Cover for #1

Yeah, more Ben is always a good thing. Can't wait to see mah boi in action.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...021001_cov.jpg

Looks like Beyond Spidey to me. Cover for #1
    Yeah, I saw the pic after.
    Gotta say, hype is gone for anything Spidey related.Ben doesn't fit into this situation at all, whereas Peter not only fits into it, but was a big part of the buildup w/ both his ASM Kingpin stuff and him being in DD.DD even brought in Spidey to threaten Kingpin saying when he's in prison Spidey will be there and now Beyond f*cks all that set-up.

Hopefully Chip finds a way to pay it off once Peter is back, giving this role to Ben takes away all the weight it had.

But I am hyped for the DD's.Both Matt and elektra have been chef's kiss in the run, maybe if ASM team knew how to come up w/a concept for once both Peter and Ben fans could have won smh