Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Astonishing Member

Honestly, as much menacing as Kingpin can be, he's fighting a lost war here. I mean, one thing is going after street level superheroes like Spider-Man, Daredevil or Moon Knight. But I don't see how he will be able to eliminate superheroes of bigger scales like the Fantastic Four (whose worst enemy is Dr Doom and he won't let Kingpin to take the pleasure to destroy them himself), the X-Men (with all the power and influence they have gathered in the last years) or even the Avengers (with current members like Ghost Rider or Blade).

Does Kingpin really expect to defeat these kind of superheroes? I really don't see this possible. And I think he's forgetting about Frank Castle. If the Punisher decides it's time to get the world rid of Wilson Fisk, I will put my money on Castle blowing Fisk's head up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wanda is "dead" rn and still is leading an event in Darkhold, yet Peter can't be a part of this.Smh
    Just want to point out that Darkhold was supposed to come out in 2020 way before Beyond but got delayed thanks to the pandemic. So...Darkhold is taking place before Trial of Magneto.

On topic: I'm glad Jessica Drew is included in this and I really hope she has a bigger part of the main story since she had a part to play in Fisk being Mayor anyway.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Just want to point out that Darkhold was supposed to come out in 2020 way before Beyond but got delayed thanks to the pandemic. So...Darkhold is taking place before Trial of Magneto.

On topic: I'm glad Jessica Drew is included in this and I really hope she has a bigger part of the main story since she had a part to play in Fisk being Mayor anyway.
    Ik, we have seen multiple continuity inconsistencies.I hope I don't have to prove that.Take Iron man, he's in space in his solo so basically MIA and yet w/ Avengers.They could have easily set this before Beyond if they wanted.Heck even Ben is in space rn and FCBD shows Beyond has been contacting him for a while before he agreed, they just set it up as a before after thing.

Marvel has a bad track record of continuity.And I'd argue Peter has been as much a part of Kingpin stuff as DD himself, w/ all the kingpin we have seen in ASM and in DD series.You've said that you're indifferent to Peter's character (IIRC on the Spider-woman thread), but I think you can understand why him not being here is a massive waste of years of set-up.

If this was a random event like Empyre which has no personal stakes for Peter, much less years of build up in both his book and the series that will lead to the event then that's completely fine.Peter's tie-in's to empyre were cancelled and it doesn't matter much.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-20-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Honestly, as much menacing as Kingpin can be, he's fighting a lost war here. I mean, one thing is going after street level superheroes like Spider-Man, Daredevil or Moon Knight. But I don't see how he will be able to eliminate superheroes of bigger scales like the Fantastic Four (whose worst enemy is Dr Doom and he won't let Kingpin to take the pleasure to destroy them himself), the X-Men (with all the power and influence they have gathered in the last years) or even the Avengers (with current members like Ghost Rider or Blade).

Does Kingpin really expect to defeat these kind of superheroes? I really don't see this possible. And I think he's forgetting about Frank Castle. If the Punisher decides it's time to get the world rid of Wilson Fisk, I will put my money on Castle blowing Fisk's head up.
    A lot of Kingpin's campaign against the NYC superheroes is going to be in the arena of public relations, it seems, using the knowledge of their secrets that he's learned over the years and leaking those secrets to the general public and media to cause the public to lose faith and trust in superheroes as a whole, which would give his campaign against them more justification and legitimacy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A lot of Kingpin's campaign against the NYC superheroes is going to be in the arena of public relations, it seems, using the knowledge of their secrets that he's learned over the years and leaking those secrets to the general public and media to cause the public to lose faith and trust in superheroes as a whole, which would give his campaign against them more justification and legitimacy.
    I have no idea if Fisk suspects or outright knows that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, but if he identifies Peter as Spider-Man while Peter is in the hospital, I would love to see Ben Reilly come by and give him a good old fashioned ass kicking, Fisk would get what he deserves and would have something to think about. Like maybe I made a mistake (even if he did not).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-21-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have no idea if Fisk suspects or outright knows that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, but if he identifies Peter as Spider-Man while Peter is in the hospital, I would love to see Ben Reilly come by and give him a good old fashioned ass kicking, Fisk would get what he deserves and would have something to think about. Like maybe I made a mistake (even if he did not).
    That would be good to see.

who are the Kingpin's lieutenants for each borough? Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island? What bad guys are involved there?

When does this come out? This sounds very interesting reading this thread.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    When does this come out? This sounds very interesting reading this thread.
    Comes out in December.

Incredible Member

Wonder what he could reveal about the various heroes that's not already widely known Sounds like it could be kinda similar to what Jason Aaron did with the Original Sins event a number of years ago.

Comes out in December.
    Thanks I will keep an eye out for it
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Wonder what he could reveal about the various heroes that's not already widely known Sounds like it could be kinda similar to what Jason Aaron did with the Original Sins event a number of years ago.
    As someone pointed out in another thread on this subject, if two superhero Civil Wars and other events of hero-on-hero violence didn't completely do them with the public reputation-wise, what the hell is Kingpin gonna be able to do or reveal that would be so much worse?

As someone pointed out in another thread on this subject, if two superhero Civil Wars and other events of hero-on-hero violence didn't completely do them with the public reputation-wise, what the hell is Kingpin gonna be able to do or reveal that would be so much worse?
    Does anybody remember Secret War and the Illuminati?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wanda is "dead" rn and still is leading an event in Darkhold, yet Peter can't be a part of this.Smh
    TBF, Peter is also going to be in Darkhold while out of commission lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    TBF, Peter is also going to be in Darkhold while out of commission lol
    My point exactly, if you can include him in a random event why not include him in one which he helped built up for years in both his book and the main book.Like peter being there would be perfect and have immense impact, Ben is just another hero in the mix.
    Hopefully if december solicits aren't baiting then he might get to be in the last 4, Zdarsky would write the heck out of Peter's return to help the heroes.