Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Man if all these high level heroes are needed just to take Kingpin down I'm pretty sure the Joker could wreck the Marvel Universe.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Since this cover and solict pretty much confirms that all the heroes who were seen bloodied and beat up on the floor by Kingpin are participating in this event i really do wonder about the roles they have
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Man if all these high level heroes are needed just to take Kingpin down I'm pretty sure the Joker could wreck the Marvel Universe.
    Well i mean if Kingpins deploying a horde of supervillains across nyc i can see why so many heroes are needed lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I like a Spidey/Daredevil crossover and Kingpin links the two, but, no Pete as Spidey makes this pointless for me..I'll pass on this...
    For real, specially since Pete has been a big guest star in the run and Chip writes him so well.

Extraordinary Member

Facts, can't Tony or Reed take care of this.Like they can handle the multiverse ending but not a fat-man as mayor?(I'm not fat shaming Kingpin, it just sounds cooler that way)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Facts, can't Tony or Reed take care of this.Like they can handle the multiverse ending but not a fat-man as mayor?(I'm not fat shaming Kingpin, it just sounds cooler that way)
    If it wasn't for Frank Miller's groundbreaking run on Daredevil The Kingpin would have been tossed into the D-list dustbin a long time ago. The downside is the character has been (pardon the expression) eating off that run ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis
    Well i mean if Kingpins deploying a horde of supervillains across nyc i can see why so many heroes are needed lol
    I think they are the Thunderbolts. If they are, since when does a mayor have the authority to use them?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Shame that Peter isn't in this, he was a major recurring part in DD run.Chip setting Pete up and then Beyond comes in and takes it all away.
    Not that Marvel gives a damn about continuity, Wanda is "dead" and also leading an event at the same time.
    To be fair, Darkhold was delayed by a year due to COVID, the X-Men story wasn't delayed nearly as much. Darkhold is set before the Hellfire Gala.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    My thing about him figuring out Ben is Jackal and that he became Spider-Man is that he'd have to make quite a few impossible leaps to connect the dots, which I just don't see him doing. Yeah he made dealings with Ben as the Jackal but that shouldn't be enough. It is comics, of course so nothing is impossible if a writer dictates it, but I would assume since Ben is presenting himself as the Original Spider-Man, no one except Spidey's friends around the hero community should know the difference so Kingpin would have no way of figuring it out. If this story is about settling the score with heroes like it's being presented I'm more inclined to think Kingpins operating under the assumption that Ben is Peter, and any dirty laundry he's airing out would be intended with Peter's Spider-Man in mind who's caused him more trouble than Ben ever did.
    Fair enough. Whatever secrets Kingpin reveals about Peter/Spider-Man might be useful for at least causing inner conflict with Ben going forward as Spider-Man, though considering those secrets could also change how the people (and other heroes) of New York see Spider-Man in general . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think they are the Thunderbolts. If they are, since when does a mayor have the authority to use them?
    Well it does look like the kingpin takes care of the heroes soon, which begs to question why Kingpin would need the Thunderbolts at all. And honestly considering how powerful some of these heroes are its strange to think theyd be done in by Kingpin tbh
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Hmmm, likes like Kingpin is going after some of the big heroes, like Stark, White Queen, and the Fantastic Four. That's certainly out of his wheelhouse, which is a good thing. This is not so mere street level event, not another Shadowland. Wonder how Fisk can take them on.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Preview for issue #1:

"I am a man of peace."

Hmm, seeing Kingpin's forces beating up Miles like that calls to mind very relevant issues. Fisk has guts, I'll say that. Sending in his troops against Thing and the FF? Very ambitious.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Hmm, seeing Kingpin's forces beating up Miles like that calls to mind very relevant issues. Fisk has guts, I'll say that. Sending in his troops against Thing and the FF? Very ambitious.
    Indeed, though to argue from the Kingpin's perspective, what he really hates about the heroes, such as they are, is their sanctimony in condemning him as a criminal and a villain while he knows things about them that, if the general public were to ever find out (and it seems like they will, thanks to him), would utterly destroy any sense of legitimacy they've enjoyed in the eyes of that same public.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, though to argue from the Kingpin's perspective, what he really hates about the heroes, such as they are, is their sanctimony in condemning him as a criminal and a villain while he knows things about them that, if the general public were to ever find out (and it seems like they will, thanks to him), would utterly destroy any sense of legitimacy they've enjoyed in the eyes of that same public.
    TOO LATE! I'm pretty sure the first and second (I still can't believe a second one happened) Civil War events did that already.

TOO LATE! I'm pretty sure the first and second (I still can't believe a second one happened) Civil War events did that already.
    Fair enough.

Can't wait to see him go after Spider-Woman.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast