Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Default Devil's Reign

DEVIL’S REIGN #1 (OF 6)
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    On Sale 12/1

After years of buildup in the pages of their Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL, writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto will bring their superb talents for high-stakes storytelling to the greater Marvel Universe in DEVIL’S REIGN!

Launching in December, DEVIL’S REIGN will be a classic-style Marvel Comics crossover event, tying into some of your favorite ongoing titles and ushering in exciting new series. The far-reaching saga will center around Kingpin as he broadens his lofty goals in a scheme that will unleash dark secrets about some of Marvel’s greatest heroes. Having kept these shocking truths to himself for ages, Kingpin is ready to ruthlessly expose his foes to gain more power than ever before, and he has more than enough dirt on the Marvel Universe to come out on top!

Wilson Fisk went from Kingpin to mayor of the biggest city in America and is going to bring his full criminal and political power to bear on the super heroes who call NYC home. The man who once destroyed Daredevil has set his sights on the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and more. And since it’s Fisk, once he takes them all down, you know he’s going to sign it. CROSSBONES! TASKMASTER! TYPHOID MARY! SHOCKER! WHIPLASH! RHINO! KRAVEN! Fisk has an army of Super Villains at his command—and this is just his opening salvo. For years, Fisk has waited for his time to strike, and YOU WON’T BELIEVE the aces he’s got up his sleeves!

“Our Daredevil plan just kept getting bigger and bigger, to the point where it would clearly affect the Marvel Universe in huge ways,” Zdarsky explained. “Thankfully, Marvel recognized this as well and gave Marco and I the opportunity to tell the story on a massive stage with DEVIL’S REIGN! This is a proper Marvel event springing from the pages of Daredevil and I think all Marvel readers will love what’s coming!"

"Devil's Reign. Finally here we are. I am really excited and happy to work on this Marvel event. I am also proud of it since it comes directly from our Daredevil’s series, that both, Chip and I, have been working on for a long time now,” Checchetto said. “When I read the story of this event I was speechless. As a fan, I can tell you that I am happy to see Daredevil among the protagonists of this event. I have the opportunity to draw so many characters that I love so much, heroes and villains, and I'm trying to give everyone the dignity and respect they deserve. It will be great."

Be there in December when Kingpin declares war in DEVIL’S REIGN #1! Stay tuned for more information including exciting tie-in announcements, cover reveals, and more!
    Is this going to include The Hand storyline that seems to be bubbling under the radar in the current DD run?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm going to have to finally read this run on Marvel Unlimited. I've been putting it off.

Extraordinary Member

Shame that Peter isn't in this, he was a major recurring part in DD run.Chip setting Pete up and then Beyond comes in and takes it all away.
    Not that Marvel gives a damn about continuity, Wanda is "dead" and also leading an event at the same time.

I'm really psyched for this event. I've heard about everything going on in Daredevil and it has to come to a head big time. I was going to read it anyway, but putting Tony in it even makes it more enticing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm not usually a Daredevil fan, but i started picking it up when Elektra took over the mantle and have been really enjoying it. I'm looking forward to this as well.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm curious is this is monthly or biweekly

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I like a Spidey/Daredevil crossover and Kingpin links the two, but, no Pete as Spidey makes this pointless for me..I'll pass on this...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

While I'm also disappointed Peter's out of commission for this, the Kingpin has plenty of axes to grind with Ben Reilly for what went down between them in The Clone Conspiracy when Ben was acting as the new Jackal, so if he figures out that "Spider-Man Beyond" is that same Jackal . . . well, in light of the damage Ben did in that time, that would be a serious problem. That said, Kingpin finally going "scorched earth" on the heroes of the Marvel Universe should still make for compelling reading.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I thought this was going to be about the Marvel/Top Cow crossover.

I guess it's about time to bring the Mayor Fisk storyline to a close...

All-New Member

Interesting to see how this lands compared to DD's last event, ShadowLand (Which had a good build up and fell flat)

Chip wont dissapoint i have a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post

DEVIL’S REIGN #1 (OF 6)
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    On Sale 12/1

Is this going to include The Hand storyline that seems to be bubbling under the radar in the current DD run?
    *Looks at cast* hm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    While I'm also disappointed Peter's out of commission for this, the Kingpin has plenty of axes to grind with Ben Reilly for what went down between them in The Clone Conspiracy when Ben was acting as the new Jackal, so if he figures out that "Spider-Man Beyond" is that same Jackal . . . well, in light of the damage Ben did in that time, that would be a serious problem. That said, Kingpin finally going "scorched earth" on the heroes of the Marvel Universe should still make for compelling reading.
    My thing about him figuring out Ben is Jackal and that he became Spider-Man is that he'd have to make quite a few impossible leaps to connect the dots, which I just don't see him doing. Yeah he made dealings with Ben as the Jackal but that shouldn't be enough. It is comics, of course so nothing is impossible if a writer dictates it, but I would assume since Ben is presenting himself as the Original Spider-Man, no one except Spidey's friends around the hero community should know the difference so Kingpin would have no way of figuring it out. If this story is about settling the score with heroes like it's being presented I'm more inclined to think Kingpins operating under the assumption that Ben is Peter, and any dirty laundry he's airing out would be intended with Peter's Spider-Man in mind who's caused him more trouble than Ben ever did.

It's nice to know that Luke Cage still doesn't wear a costume out of some misguided attempt at "keepin' it real".
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's nice to know that Luke Cage still doesn't wear a costume out of some misguided attempt at "keepin' it real".
    Well we do need to know there is ONE black hero in NYC. They fresh out of everyone else though it seems. There just shouldn't be a book where 95% of the cast looks the same in NYC. But i'm burnt out so off to bed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/