All-New Member

Default An illustrated Pinocchio edition by Mike Mignola and Dave Stewart coming in 2022

It was announced today that Beehive Books will release an edition of Pinocchio in 2022, illustrated by Mike Mignola with colors by Dave Stewart. They have already released editions of The Willows by Algernon Blackwood illustrated by Paul Pope, The Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells illustrated by Bill Sienkiewicz and The Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde illustrated by Yuko Shimizu.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/mike...beehive-books/

mm-pinocchio.jpg
    Last edited by miguel1984; 09-07-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Should be fun, I remember buying the Dogboy digital copy of Pinocchio back in 2013 by Scott Mignola and couldn't help but feel it was a huge missed opertunity that Mike Mignola only did the cover.

Spectacular Member

That sounds like a fun read, but why exactly does Mike Mignola need to kickstarter this?

Is this going to be a graphic novel adaptation, or an illustrated novel a la the original Baltimore prose release or the glorious Frankenstein illustrated novel by Wrightson? i.e. is Mike doing spot illustrations or sequential art for it? I've saved the Kickstarter page already, but the blurb there said illustrations by Mignola, which makes mean lean towards illustrated version of the novel and not a full GN adaptation.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Is this going to be a graphic novel adaptation, or an illustrated novel a la the original Baltimore prose release or the glorious Frankenstein illustrated novel by Wrightson? i.e. is Mike doing spot illustrations or sequential art for it? I've saved the Kickstarter page already, but the blurb there said illustrations by Mignola, which makes mean lean towards illustrated version of the novel and not a full GN adaptation.

-M
    Judging by the other books they've put out through kickstarter I'd say it was a new edition of the novel with illustrations by Mignola.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    That sounds like a fun read, but why exactly does Mike Mignola need to kickstarter this?
    Because it's not actually by Mignola, it's being put out by some independent publisher that looks like it specializes in vanity printings of public domain literature.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Because it's not actually by Mignola, it's being put out by some independent publisher that looks like it specializes in vanity printings of public domain literature.
    Exactly; it is not Mignola who is kickstarting this but Beehive Books as they did with their previous illustrated editions. Also, it is a new version of the book with illustrations by Mignola and not a graphic novel adaptation. Mignola also said that the Hellboy: The Midnight Circus graphic novel is an indirect adaptation of Pinocchio in an interview about those Pinocchio books he published with his brother Scott; this is the interview: https://comicsalliance.com/mike-mign...ers-interview/.