Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I have SO many questions about this panel.

Attachment 113724

1) Who's that on the screen, AI Norman or AI Harry?

2) Who's that digging the graves?

3) ....who on earth did the day-to-day work of raising the twins? I mean, they're still babies right?! So after they came out of the test tubes, who was feeding them, changing them and so on?!
    1) my guess is, that's AI Harry posing as Norman
    2) we don't know that yet, I hope we will.
    3) Read Legacy of Evil, AI Harry could basically hypnotize people, and use metal tentacles to do stuff.

Also, Gabriel really resembles Peter on this page.

Spectacular Member

I have SO many questions about this panel.

Attachment 113724

1) Who's that on the screen, AI Norman or AI Harry?

2) Who's that digging the graves?

3) ....who on earth did the day-to-day work of raising the twins? I mean, they're still babies right?! So after they came out of the test tubes, who was feeding them, changing them and so on?!
    I assumed this panel was just a flashback of the Sins Past/Sins Remembered flashbacks where Norman was shown talking to the kids and teaching them his evil plans. I mean, Norman DID know about them and he was even convinced he was their father, so that part of the story is still canon.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I can't help but feel we're rushing towards an ending that wouldn't have been necessary if the pacing had been better throughout the run. Too many tie in issues and padded storylines. Was Spencer's run ever going to extend past Kindred originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    3) Read Legacy of Evil, AI Harry could basically hypnotize people, and use metal tentacles to do stuff.
    futurama-hermes-conrad.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    I assumed this panel was just a flashback of the Sins Past/Sins Remembered flashbacks where Norman was shown talking to the kids and teaching them his evil plans. I mean, Norman DID know about them and he was even convinced he was their father, so that part of the story is still canon.
    Yeah I got lost around there because of the part where they kept dying and being reborn over and over. I just can't reconcile that at all.

futurama-hermes-conrad.jpg

Yeah I got lost around there because of the part where they kept dying and being reborn over and over. I just can't reconcile that at all.
    Uh... Harry's AI has been trying to clone them perfectly for years, and then Norman came back, so AI randomly decided to show Norman they are his children because...stuff...?

I mean, this story and it's retcons are convoluted as hell...

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Beyond likely being a placeholder arc until the new main team probably had something to do with it too.
    Y'know, putting it like that I guess Ben's absence might have been a blessing in disguise. What's the surest way to convince the readers a villain is a Really Big Deal™ especially recently? Kill someone close to the main character. And sure, Kindred killed a psychiatrist posing as Mysterio's favorite character for that and Mendel Stromm but I think that's more or less it fatality-wise.

About the one thing you couldn't do with that storyline if Ben was supposed to be on Beyond, that's... well, that. Unless they revived him.

...again.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I can't help but feel we're rushing towards an ending that wouldn't have been necessary if the pacing had been better throughout the run. Too many tie in issues and padded storylines. Was Spencer's run ever going to extend past Kindred originally?
    We'll only ever know if he decides to talk, but given this is where he's stopping his run, I guess not. I think they wanted to keep this up to #900 and that Last Remains ending and then getting another Kindred story right off the bat is proof of that. He tended to space his storylines a bit more evenly than that, and I get the impression Kindred being stuck in Ravencroft was supposed to last longer with the occasional reminder he's out there instead of right away repeating so many beats such as Centipede sins taking over scores of people.

It's occurred to me that this story doesn't actually fix one of the biggest problems people had with Sins Past.

MJ still "knows" that Gwen and Norman had an affair. Sure, it was implanted memories, but she still thinks that's the case. And she still doesn't tell Peter.

How can she even brought up naturally though? Maybe she didn't want Gwen's memory to be desecrated? Also aren't the twins still technically her children if they use her DNA? I'm just using the Laura and Logan relationship
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

It's occurred to me that this story doesn't actually fix one of the biggest problems people had with Sins Past.

MJ still "knows" that Gwen and Norman had an affair. Sure, it was implanted memories, but she still thinks that's the case. And she still doesn't tell Peter.
    Could have been something as simple as they implanted memories during Sin's Past or the letter was a trigger to remember.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Does anyone else feel that, with a few tweaks and cutting the meaningless "Sinister War" fight(s), this final arc could have been merged with Last Rites as one 10-12 part story? Pretty much everything was already in place around issue 50 and it really feels like one single arc that was split in two with with 20 odd issues between them.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Does anyone else feel that, with a few tweaks and cutting the meaningless "Sinister War" fight(s), this final arc could have been merged with Last Rites as one 10-12 part story? Pretty much everything was already in place around issue 50 and it really feels like one single arc that was split in two with with 20 odd issues between them.
    What's "Last Rites"?

Maybe but people would have been really tired of waiting for Kindred. People were already complaining it took to issue 50.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    What's "Last Rites"?

Maybe but people would have been really tired of waiting for Kindred. People were already complaining it took to issue 50.
    I remember complaining in #25 that we didn’t learn his identity.

If only I knew how much longer this would drag out….

Mighty Member

Is Legacy of Evil Importment for this. And didnt it come out in 1995 or so .If it did How did the writers now about this or was it just Luck

What do you mean? Kindred already told her her memories were fabricated.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    What do you mean? Kindred already told her her memories were fabricated.
    She still thinks the memories are real though. So in MJ's mind she still thought Gwen and Norman had an affair, but at the time she was walking around with that memory she thought was real, she still didn't actually tell Peter, "Hey, Gwen and Norman had an affair."

It's not a huge issue but considering how many people slammed MJ for never saying anything when the original Sins Past came out, I'm just surprised no-one's mentioned it.