Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    She still thinks the memories are real though. So in MJ's mind she still thought Gwen and Norman had an affair, but at the time she was walking around with that memory she thought was real, she still didn't actually tell Peter, "Hey, Gwen and Norman had an affair."

It's not a huge issue but considering how many people slammed MJ for never saying anything when the original Sins Past came out, I'm just surprised no-one's mentioned it.
    You could probably hand wave it as being a fabrication made long after Gwen's death and/or the mental stress of being hypnotized meaning the memories hadn't completely "settled".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Does anyone else feel that, with a few tweaks and cutting the meaningless "Sinister War" fight(s), this final arc could have been merged with Last Rites as one 10-12 part story? Pretty much everything was already in place around issue 50 and it really feels like one single arc that was split in two with with 20 odd issues between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    What's "Last Rites"?

Maybe but people would have been really tired of waiting for Kindred. People were already complaining it took to issue 50.
    I think exile001 meant "Last Remains," though "Last Rites" would be good for an aftermath issue or comic dealing with the fallout from all this Kindred insanity once it's (finally) over.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Is Legacy of Evil Importment for this. And didnt it come out in 1995 or so .If it did How did the writers now about this or was it just Luck
    They read the issue and came up with a story around it .

I wonder if Nick Spencer read this issue. (Amazing Spider-Man Family #4)

im.jpg

Spectacular Member

She still thinks the memories are real though. So in MJ's mind she still thought Gwen and Norman had an affair, but at the time she was walking around with that memory she thought was real, she still didn't actually tell Peter, "Hey, Gwen and Norman had an affair."

It's not a huge issue but considering how many people slammed MJ for never saying anything when the original Sins Past came out, I'm just surprised no-one's mentioned it.
    I think the false memories were implanted years after Gwen's death, specifically during the 90's when Mary Jane lost baby May and went to sse the psychologist. So she "lied" for a couple of years before Peter received the alleged letter from Gwen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    I think the false memories were implanted years after Gwen's death, specifically during the 90's when Mary Jane lost baby May and went to sse the psychologist. So she "lied" for a couple of years before Peter received the alleged letter from Gwen.
    That’s a good explanation. Since Spencer has no issue with obscure continuity, that should’ve been included in his exposition dump in #73. Oh well, it’s unofficial canon for me now.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Nick Spencer read this issue. (Amazing Spider-Man Family #4)

im.jpg
    Is this BND Harry? I mean, if Ben is still Peter at his core then BND Harry (who is probably also a clone) would be the same as well.

Can you imagine a Harry clone saga though?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    This is something that I can actually see happening. A Law And Order episode dealt with a psychiatrist who planted a false memory of rape in a young girl. It led to very tragic consequences for everyone involved.

Mighty Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FINALLY! AFTER ALL THIS TIME! THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY DID IT! IT'S GONE! I'S GONE!

Haaaaaaaa......The relief. The relief, oh my lord.

In all seriousness, Spencer's run has been interesting. I don't think it's been all that "great", but the man has almost single handedly managed to undo as much of the damage that was possible to undo that was done over the last twenty years. This issue is probably much more of an info dump than was originally intended due to Spencer leaving, but all that seems trivial to the massive weight it lifted off by decimating that abomination from 2004. And it means OMD is next. That's the actual finale to the run, not a true "undoing" of OMD, because that's impossible given the comics afterward, but a reckoning with it, a recognition of the inherent evil and foolishness of it. Maybe the individual issues weren't the most amazing (I did like the Kraven story quite a lot though), but he did so much for the canon I gotta give him props.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FINALLY! AFTER ALL THIS TIME! THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY DID IT! IT'S GONE! I'S GONE!

Haaaaaaaa......The relief. The relief, oh my lord.

In all seriousness, Spencer's run has been interesting. I don't think it's been all that "great", but the man has almost single handedly managed to undo as much of the damage that was possible to undo that was done over the last twenty years. This issue is probably much more of an info dump than was originally intended due to Spencer leaving, but all that seems trivial to the massive weight it lifted off by decimating that abomination from 2004. And it means OMD is next. That's the actual finale to the run, not a true "undoing" of OMD, because that's impossible given the comics afterward, but a reckoning with it, a recognition of the inherent evil and foolishness of it. Maybe the individual issues weren't the most amazing (I did like the Kraven story quite a lot though), but he did so much for the canon I gotta give him props.
    Quoted for truth

Default 11 days to go, Educated Guess Time

-Is the AI 1) the only arc villain, 2) an associate or 3) a tool to Kindred?
    My guess is number 3.

-Assuming Kindred is an actual demon: is he 1) an independent force, 2) an unwitting ally or 3) a direct stooge to Mephisto?
    My guess is number 2.

-We know the next issue is called "What Cost Victory": Will he be defeated by 1) Peter (but undergoing the trauma of facing his own sins), 2) BND Harry (at the cost of his own life), or 3) Norman (at the cost of making himself evil again)?
    I'm going with number 3.
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-18-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Any bets on what might happen to Carlie?

Astonishing Member

Carlie survives. Why? I do not think Spencer wants to “Fridge” a female character in his final issue ( especially because that would be a distraction to the Kindred finale).

Astonishing Member

Hopefully she’s the “cost” for the “victory.” 😉

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hopefully she’s the “cost” for the “victory.” ��
    Same, she is just relevant enough that her death will have some impact atm but no where near where she will be missed.She doesn't have enough fans to enrage w/ a fridging thing and if done well could be great.

I mean they set her thing up w/ overdrive which I think is how they will get a panel but I'd rather they off her and then also have Overdrive grieve and help people in her memory.