Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

I know people have been ragging on Spencer but frankly this has so much of my focus, i mean if they are retconning Sins of the Past, awesome because that is my second most hated storyline. I am still waiting where or if OMD fits in all this but i really want to see how this goes.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

So, what is Mysterio's role in all of this for..what is he getting out of all this collaboration with Norman/Harry/Kindred?

And has he just got a thing for MJ, messing with her mind already over the twins, and then what was all that in the Mary Jane series..he's currently got her confidence and her impression is not that he's an evil git..is he after her...is MJ going to be rather pissed off with Mysterio if/when she finds out he's had a hand in all these shenanigans?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I know people have been ragging on Spencer but frankly this has so much of my focus, i mean if they are retconning Sins of the Past, awesome because that is my second most hated storyline. I am still waiting where or if OMD fits in all this but i really want to see how this goes.
    That's probably being saved for the final issue of this run.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    So, what is Mysterio's role in all of this for..what is he getting out of all this collaboration with Norman/Harry/Kindred?

And has he just got a thing for MJ, messing with her mind already over the twins, and then what was all that in the Mary Jane series..he's currently got her confidence and her impression is not that he's an evil git..is he after her...is MJ going to be rather pissed off with Mysterio if/when she finds out he's had a hand in all these shenanigans?
    Yeah, I'd expect that reckoning at some point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I'm very confused also, again, in amongst all this retconning, about what really happened with regard to MJ being pregnant, and the birth, and the baby being stolen/taken..? Did it really happen, where is that baby? ??

I feel like Mysterio has become a bit too big a part of Spider-Man's life? Does he know Peter IS Spider-Man? (If he doesn't, I feel like he should at least suspect it at this point.)

Otherwise, it was an...okay issue, very continuity heavy.

Funny enough, I saw an ad in the recent "Deadpool Black, White and Blood" book for "Spider-man Beyond" that might've spoiled Peter's fate.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I'm very confused also, again, in amongst all this retconning, about what really happened with regard to MJ being pregnant, and the birth, and the baby being stolen/taken..? Did it really happen, where is that baby? ??
    That's a very good point. With Mysterio being effectively upgraded to an all-purpose walking retcon for any widely disliked plotline in the Spider-Man mythos, whether by the fans/readers or by Marvel editorial/executives . . .

Was taken away by someone who worked for Osborn and never seen again

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I feel like Mysterio has become a bit too big a part of Spider-Man's life? Does he know Peter IS Spider-Man? (If he doesn't, I feel like he should at least suspect it at this point.)

Otherwise, it was an...okay issue, very continuity heavy.

Funny enough, I saw an ad in the recent "Deadpool Black, White and Blood" book for "Spider-man Beyond" that might've spoiled Peter's fate.
    I think he did know, since Kindred gave him the means to access other realities like the Ultimate Universe, where Peter Parker was dead and publicly known as (the original) Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    Pretty much, sadly, though almost no one's referenced that baby since.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    Maybe Mysterio just made MJ think she was pregnant
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Is it still Quentin Beck? Did he "really" die? I remember some storyline from years ago that involved alleged resurrection, occult connections, etc.
    This is all too dizzying to keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Is it still Quentin Beck? Did he "really" die? I remember some storyline from years ago that involved alleged resurrection, occult connections, etc.
    This is all too dizzying to keep up with.
    From Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Maybe Mysterio just made MJ think she was pregnant
    This would be the best explanation for that at this point and it wouldn't bother me at all.

Incredible Member

Was Amazing Spider-Man 74 pushed to September 29th?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    i see September 22
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Yea I saw that today