Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

Extraordinary Member

Default ASM 73 full

Fair warning.It's gonna hurt your head, a lot.But I think it's worth it.

I'm not spoiling it all yet but it has great retcons.It's convoluted but it's worth it.Kindred's identity is surprising well executed.It's honestly genius, it took me a minute(it was much more) to wrap my head around it but it works.

Shots fired at Slott

It seems like OMD will be addressed.MJ is told to face her sins and then it cuts to fiery stuff cleared to form an opening or something.

Also for people worried all this was to retcon Sins Past, it's not.The retcon has a bigger purpose and the affair never existing seems more like a side-effect or bonus.It's not made a big deal.It's still very much about Kindred and what I assume is OMD.

Oh and "Virtue of Hero for the Corruption of the a Soul" -Mephisto

That's all for now
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-19-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Spectacular Member

Just got it on Kindle. I'm very very very happy about the Sins Past retcon, but I'm still confused about Kindred's identity and other things. Where is Gabriel now? How did Stromm and Harry create the twins with Gwen's DNA? Who sent the sad letter Peter received in Sins Past? When did the whole hypnosis about the affair take place for Norman and MJ exactly?
    I don't think issue 74 will still be about Sins Past, I just see it as a minor fix Spencer wanted to give to the fans and this is it.

Astonishing Member

People may be surprised by Sins Past and OMD being addressed, but can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that the Robot Parents (Life Theft/ Pursuit) are playing a big role in the plot. That is a deep cut right there!

There is one continuity error… Stromm looks like Robot Master in the flashback, but at that time he should’ve been in his Gaunt form.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Just got it on Kindle. I'm very very very happy about the Sins Past retcon, but I'm still confused about Kindred's identity and other things. Where is Gabriel now? How did Stromm and Harry create the twins with Gwen's DNA? Who sent the sad letter Peter received in Sins Past? When did the whole hypnosis about the affair take place for Norman and MJ exactly?
    I don't think issue 74 will still be about Sins Past, I just see it as a minor fix Spencer wanted to give to the fans and this is it.
    I'mma try and help anyone confused here because I took so long to figure this out.I do think I get it.

1.Gabriel is the second kindred.
    2.They don't say if it's w/ Norman's or Peter's DNA.I think Norman so that if he ran tests they would say they are his.Not confirmed.They failed multiple times, I think Sarah stabalized because of Peter's blood.
    3.Mysetrio and Kindred could have easily faked it.I mean they also had chameleon's help.
    4.MJ's was during her therapy sessions.The therapist was mysterio.
    Norman's in unclear but could be anytime.Mysterio had access to his house and AI Harry's help.

The way I see it is he found a way to fit it in, but it seems far from an end goal.The retcon was done for all purposes except how disgusting the affair was, which is why most wanted it gone.I'm just glad the affair part was retconned, or re-retconned.

Astonishing Member

Good issue. Still too early to say whether it contradicts those earlier 4Chan spoilers, but I think it’s pretty definitive that the OG Harry died. Impressed by how much continuity Spencer ropes in… Robot Parents, Sins Past, American Son, OMD… and except for AS, all pretty maligned stories. Impressive Spencer is trying to do this redemption tour of bad storylines. Hopefully he sticks the landing in ASM 74

The 9/11 back-up was fine I guess. Nice to see JRJr drawing Spidey again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Good issue. Still too early to say whether it contradicts those earlier 4Chan spoilers, but I think it’s pretty definitive that the OG Harry died. Impressed by how much continuity Spencer ropes in… Robot Parents, Sins Past, American Son, OMD… and except for AS, all pretty maligned stories. Impressive Spencer is trying to do this redemption tour of bad storylines. Hopefully he sticks the landing in ASM 74

The 9/11 back-up was fine I guess. Nice to see JRJr drawing Spidey again.
    I did like the idea that Harry stayed dead.The only thing I still don't get is how his soul came back.Maybe because of OMD.

I also do like the idea that OMD is as much as if not more MJ's sins than Peter's.Makes sense to me.

Spectacular Member

I guess this run is what happens when readers care (fixate?) more about fake biographies than being readers of a quality narrative, 3 years of mediocre stories and a convoluted mess to fix another convoluted mess that’s 20 years old and could have been just ignored for the sake of having quality stories if this medium and his followers were healthier than it is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    I guess this run is what happens when readers care (fixate?) more about fake biographies than being readers of a quality narrative, 3 years of mediocre stories and a convoluted mess to fix another convoluted mess that’s 20 years old and could have been just ignored for the sake of having quality stories if this medium and his followers were healthier than it is.
    His entire run has been about fixing up stuff to provide a cleaner slate.It's better than BND which was less than mediocre, had terrible OOC stuff and made stuff worse instead of just ignoring it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'mma try and help anyone confused here because I took so long to figure this out.I do think I get it.

1.Gabriel is the second kindred.
    2.They don't say if it's w/ Norman's or Peter's DNA.I think Norman so that if he ran tests they would say they are his.Not confirmed.They failed multiple times, I think Sarah stabalized because of Peter's blood.
    3.Mysetrio and Kindred could have easily faked it.I mean they also had chameleon's help.
    4.MJ's was during her therapy sessions.The therapist was mysterio.
    Norman's in unclear but could be anytime.Mysterio had access to his house and AI Harry's help.

The way I see it is he found a way to fit it in, but it seems far from an end goal.The retcon was done for all purposes except how disgusting the affair was, which is why most wanted it gone.I'm just glad the affair part was retconned, or re-retconned.
    Maybe I'm stupid, but where is it stated there are two Kindreds? I noticed that we see Kindred with different jackets, but I'm not sure there are two of them. So is he/she a clone of the twins? I guess.
    Also, I'm confused about the "mother" DNA of the twins. I mean, Peter or Norman could be the "father", but how did Stromm and Harry get Gwen's one? She was already dead by the time this was orchestrated. Did they get her corpse? (It would be the second time, dammit! )
    I still think this is ALL about OMD, because the final page with Mephisto is pretty clear.

All-New Member

So I'm a little lost, I'd really appreciate any help understanding this issue. Is there one Kindred or two? Is the art meant to be showing Gwen or Sarah as Kindred? Or is it Harry who made himself look like Gwen/Sarah for pretty much the whole issue? And if Sarah is "gone" is that literally gone or just that she's Kindred now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackAlexander View Post
    So I'm a little lost, I'd really appreciate any help understanding this issue. Is there one Kindred or two? Is the art meant to be showing Gwen or Sarah as Kindred? Or is it Harry who made himself look like Gwen/Sarah for pretty much the whole issue? And if Sarah is "gone" is that literally gone or just that she's Kindred now?
    1)2 Kindeds.They are Sarah and Gabriel's bodies as vessels w/ Harry in control of them.
    2)It's Sarah.Sarah is a look alike to Gwen, that's why a MJ under stress mistook her for Gwen.
    3)It's their bodies he's using as vessels.He may be using Mysterio and/or chameleon tech to go back to Harry's face.Could also be their supernatural abilities that are unexplained IIRC.
    4)She's gone I think.It's Harry using her body.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Maybe I'm stupid, but where is it stated there are two Kindreds? I noticed that we see Kindred with different jackets, but I'm not sure there are two of them. So is he/she a clone of the twins? I guess.
    Also, I'm confused about the "mother" DNA of the twins. I mean, Peter or Norman could be the "father", but how did Stromm and Harry get Gwen's one? She was already dead by the time this was orchestrated. Did they get her corpse? (It would be the second time, dammit! )
    I still think this is ALL about OMD, because the final page with Mephisto is pretty clear.
    1)It's both the twins.Moreover we see a Kindred(Gabriel) w/ Pete fighting him at the same time Kindred(Sarah) is w/ MJ.We know the one w/ MJ is Sarah as it is shown so other one is Gabriel.
    2)Jackal had Gwen's DNA.They could have gotten it from there.

Yeah, I don't know why everyone thought Sins Past retcon was the goal here

Is there any explanation who lies in the morgue, and who is the post OMD Harry?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Is there any explanation who lies in the morgue, and who is the post OMD Harry?
    The original Harry Osborn (who died in SSM 200) is the one lying in the morgue as the Post-OMD Harry says "I never came back". So, I guess the "new" one is either a clone or something else.

Mighty Member

I honestly love how chaotic this whole run has been. It's a C/C+ without editorial context, but with that knowledge, it's an A+