Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    I think the false memories were implanted years after Gwen's death, specifically during the 90's when Mary Jane lost baby May and went to sse the psychologist. So she "lied" for a couple of years before Peter received the alleged letter from Gwen.
    Not necessarily.

Mysterio could have implanted the memories via post-hypnotic suggestion, so that when the letter appears Mary Jane suddenly "remembers."

But until the letter appears, the suggestion is dormant and she isn't aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Honestly I don't think Aunt May is ever going away, not after the nonsensical trouble they went through to bring her back from a perfect death story.

But I can no longer understand Peter's motivation for not telling her his identity. He already knows she can take it, because she did, and it made both their lives better. There's nothing left to mine from the tension of her being in the dark.
    Not to mention all of the drama of Peter running off on her isn't happening too, so her not knowing his secret identity isn't adding anything to her.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Carlie is like a character you find on some lame soap opera, and if she was written out of the book, almost no one would miss her.
    If Carlie was that forgettable then people wouldn't care, or really notice if she was gone, but her presence made her annoying just by existing.

Not as annoying as Michelle I guess...

The one thing I do NOT consider her is Gwen 2. That is reserved for Felicia like on the cartoon (I believe Otto was the villain) and Felicia was basically substituted for Gwen.
    Eh, Carlie had a lot of the same issues as Gwen, such as being overpraised, other characters being screwed over to make her look better, and being treated like the love interest despite being kind of a bitch, about the only thing from Gwen she lacks is that Gwen was really fucking empty as a character who did not have a life of her own besides liking Peter and hating Spidey, I think Carlie was like that at first, but then got better.

Of course, Carlie "compensates" this "has no life outside of being Peter's girlfriend" with "Has more informed attributes than anything" and "rips off previous love interests to try to look perfect" (Gwen also did that, but only on the appearance and having a brief party girl moment, the way Carlie did it was more noticeable).

If she wasn't Gwen 2.0 back then I don't know what she was lol.

They even have a dumb moment in common under the same writer, at the end of Spider-Island (ASM#673), Carlie says that Peter is a fake and that the real person is Spider-Man, and Spidey doesn't really rebute as if she's right, and in Clone Conspiracy (ASM#23 vol 4), the Gwen clone says that Peter is so used to being miserable that he actively tries to avoid being happy, though at least Peter's reply can make it sound like she's wrong ("Okay, I know you weren't a psych major, so stop it."), and it's just hilarious they both misunderstood Peter this badly.

It wasn't intentional for both of them to have this in common (Otto has a similar moment in Superior#30 too, where he says Peter sabotages himself and Peter not replying implies he's right, even though Slott himself contradicts that by having Peter make whatever random helpful **** at Horizon Labs), but it does make the amount of similarities those characters have to be hilariously higher, no wonder they were friends as kids (Many Loves of the Amazing Spider-Man) until Marvel forgot about it

Thankfully though, once Spencer brought her back, all of those annoying issues are gone, now she's, just a cop who's friends with MJ and knows who Spidey is, which, the thing that gives her the most potential is the friendship with MJ ('Cause "cop who's friends with Spidey" was done more than once, and knowing who Spidey is doesn't mean much unless she starts to interact with the Peter side), so hey, she stopped being a clone of the worst things about Gwen, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I think deaging May is a lot less controversial than it is, it never made sense that the Aunt of a 15 year old was the right age to be his grandmother, never mind 10 years later where having her aged up even more would be too much even for a Universe as unrealistic as Marvel.
    Man, there are people out there with really old siblings, can go as far as 20 years of difference, this "Peter having such an old aunt doesn't make sense", is a flawed argument because real life itself has such situations, it's not exactly common, but it happens.

It is short sighted to make her so old when Peter was allowed to age, and it's hella silly how nowadays she looks younger in 616, but the situation itself of "aunt's old enough to be a grandmother", again, not common, but it can happen.

Mighty Member

Is Amasing Spider-man 74 coming this week or next

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Is Amasing Spider-man 74 coming this week or next
    9 days away. But if 73 is any indication, we'll be seeing leaks and scans in 4-5 days
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    9 days away. But if 73 is any indication, we'll be seeing leaks and scans in 4-5 days
    It really sucks that we have to wait two weeks for 874, but Marvel wants us to digest 90 plus pages then go right into Beyond.

Astonishing Member

I swear, the waiting for issue #74 is killing me!!! Any idea how soon the first preview could come out?

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I swear, the waiting for issue #74 is killing me!!! Any idea how soon the first preview could come out?
    This thurs/friday, give or take.

I stopped reading for a while after LR, until Spencer finished his run, because it reads easier that way, i had enjoyed what i read for the most part, but i feel that the whole Sinister War think is unnecessary and just strecthed things out, the reveal is...something, i'm glad that Sin of Past is retconned (althought the Misterh therapy sessions is something i would always look with a bit skepticism) but i'll withold judgement of the whole thing until last issue, overall i liked Spencer run, but it certanly had some glaring problems.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Admitedly, I laughed my ass off when Teresa smashed the Clairvoyant, because she decided to not confirm who she is, not unlike what Peter did in the original Clone Saga when he decided to not see the test results that confirms if he's a clone or not, they kinda have this similarity, though they did it for different reasons, since Peter was sure that he wasn't a clone because he moved on and started to love MJ, while Teresa actively doesn't want to confirm the truth and decides to live as "Teresa Parker", even if she's not sure if she really is.
    Lol, i didn't think about that at first, but i guest that we can expect another Teresa coming back in the future when someone wants to use her. Luckily, she is not as popular as Peter, so it won't as painfully streched out as the Clone Saga. At least she'll get her own version of the two Spider-Man memes, truly the pinacle of her characther

Also, glad to see you back
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Can't even imagine how crazy this finale is about to be, 96 pages of content. Hard to imagine Spencer won't deliver with so much page space. We know peter and MJ will be ok at the end, so I'm not too stressed out. I'm guessing Harry will finally move on and his soul be able to rest and I bet Peter and MJ will finally remember their marriage.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 09-22-2021 at 04:38 PM.

there no filler stories right its a full 96 page of spencer correct
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Can't even imagine how crazy this finale is about to be, 96 pages of content. Hard to imagine Spencer won't deliver with so much page space. We know peter and MJ will be ok at the end, so I'm not too stressed out. I'm guessing Harry will finally move on and his soul be able to rest and I bet Peter and MJ will finally remember their marriage.
    We know Peter and MJ will be okay, and Sins Past is now history. But what will be the WTF moment people will be talking about ( good or bad) for years to come? If it was simply Sins Past being erased, that would have happened in 874 instead of 873. Obviously I want OMD to end up in the “Dustbin Of History”’ but if it is not that then what? I also wonder about the title: “What Cost Victory?” How is the victory achieved and what is the cost? Does it mean Norman sacrificing himself for Harry or something else?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    We know Peter and MJ will be okay, and Sins Past is now history. But what will be the WTF moment people will be talking about ( good or bad) for years to come? If it was simply Sins Past being erased, that would have happened in 874 instead of 873. Obviously I want OMD to end up in the “Dustbin Of History”’ but if it is not that then what? I also wonder about the title: “What Cost Victory?” How is the victory achieved and what is the cost? Does it mean Norman sacrificing himself for Harry or something else?
    I think OMD even being acknolwedged by peter and MJ is a big enough moment. I don't think they need to get married right away, but just them remembering they were at one point is enough honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    there no filler stories right its a full 96 page of spencer correct
    the solicitation says Nick Spencer wrote all of it, which is what has me excited.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think OMD even being acknolwedged by peter and MJ is a big enough moment. I don't think they need to get married right away, but just them remembering they were at one point is enough honestly.

the solicitation says Nick Spencer wrote all of it, which is what has me excited.
    Yeah, acknowledgment would be great.
    And this finale is going to be the biggest thing since OMD.They say this all the time but w/ all the set up I think it will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I stopped reading for a while after LR, until Spencer finished his run, because it reads easier that way, i had enjoyed what i read for the most part, but i feel that the whole Sinister War think is unnecessary and just strecthed things out, the reveal is...something, i'm glad that Sin of Past is retconned (althought the Misterh therapy sessions is something i would always look with a bit skepticism) but i'll withold judgement of the whole thing until last issue, overall i liked Spencer run, but it certanly had some glaring problems.
    You stopped reading after LR too man? Huh, guess I wasn't the only one that annoyed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, i didn't think about that at first, but i guest that we can expect another Teresa coming back in the future when someone wants to use her.
    Wonder if someone would want to use her, as much as I don't mind the concept of Teresa that much, but nobody did much with her as a character, she's disconnected from Peter's friends and family despite being family (Regardless of whether or not she's girl-Chameleon, Peter considers her family, yet the one interaction she had with aunt May was both off-screen, and Peter didn't confirm tell aunt May who Teresa is), and while her story with Chameleon could be interesting, even if it was generic revenge **** (Not helped that it started because of some boyfriend Teresa had, who wasn't mentioned before and got fridged), it went nowhere, and now she just switched targets, since she now wants to have revenge against the Finisher instead of Chameleon.

Hell, Spencer also did her no favors by bringing this "she may not be Peter's sister after all" again, instead of moving past that, she's gonna anguish over that, again lol.

Luckily, she is not as popular as Peter, so it won't as painfully streched out as the Clone Saga. At least she'll get her own version of the two Spider-Man memes, truly the pinacle of her characther
    With how she's not popular, her clone saga would be a small story happening at the same time as another story Spidey is having, and hell, probably would keep zig zagging who she really is.

Like, Family Business says she's Peter's sister, then says she's not, then the epilogue leaves it dubious (And only the guy who did the DNA test at the end knows for sure who she is thinking of it), then Zdarsky's run confirms she is, now Spencer says she might not be, sheesh lol.

It's kinda funny that when Teresa talks about the picture, Chameleon's own attempts at manipulating her makes it sound like he's lying, first, he says she found the picture by accident, when that wasn't the case, she found it while investigating a room Fury brought her in that she wasn't aware of, and then Chameleon talks like Fury might've been a Chameleon, that, would be a colossal coincidence that Fury just happened to have been replaced by a Chameleon in that situation, not to mention he says she might've planted the picture there, when she's in another universe, yeah... He really doesn't help his own case and Teresa doesn't notice it lol.

Also that whole Chameleon school they mentioned, anyone knows if that's something new Spencer decided to bring? Or did another story mention it? 'Cause whole "We have many Chameleons around" could be another possible lie too.

Also, glad to see you back
    Thanks.

Also I'm kinda ready for the possibility that all of this teasing about OMD will lead nowhere and that Peter/MJ won't learn what they did, 'cause, yeah, always be ready for disappointment, 'cause as much as Spencer's run had good ****, it also had some really dumb moments and he's still the guy who wrote Secret Empire.