Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's a fair guess, but we're still without concrete answers. We don't even know OG Harry's soul is part of Kindred yet because it's not on the page.
    My question is if Harry is possessing them the kids is he trying to perfect it to take over the other Harry ? In the current issue he said I think I finally got this right

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I’m more confused as to whether Harry is going to try and kill MJ or not… says she has to face her sins, but previous issues had him say he didn’t want to hurt her. Anyways, hope Peter sends the whiner back down under in 74.
    If Spencer really did read the old stories then Harry wouldn’t hurt her unless the A.I. Harry is controlling them then maybe he would

Astonishing Member

I’m more confused as to whether Harry is going to try and kill MJ or not… says she has to face her sins, but previous issues had him say he didn’t want to hurt her. Anyways, hope Peter sends the whiner back down under in 74.
    The only issue Harry could have with MJ is this. Rejecting his marriage proposal and accepting Peter’s. Especially because he considers himself a god ( small g required) and Peter a loser. The proof ( in his own twisted mind of course), is his ability to kill and bring back Peter at will, and Peter as an inferior “loser” cannot possibly defeat him ( again in his own twisted mind). ps. This is a common mistake of villains ( letting the hero live instead of killing him off once and for all ( see Goldfinger torturing James Bond instead of killing him when he had the chance as Exhibit: A of this). By the way, this kind of mentality also explains his issues with the “Sins” of Norman, Peter and MJ, while ignoring his own.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-08-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The only issue Harry could have with MJ is this. Rejecting his marriage proposal and accepting Peter’s. Especially because he considers himself a god ( small g required) and Peter a loser. The proof ( in his own twisted mind of course), is his ability to kill and bring back Peter at will, and Peter as an inferior “loser” cannot possibly defeat him ( again in his own twisted mind). ps. This is a common mistake of villains ( letting the hero live instead of killing him off once and for all ( see Goldfinger torturing James Bond instead of killing him when he had the chance as Exhibit: A of this). By the way, this kind of mentality also explains his issues with the “Sins” of Norman, Peter and MJ, while ignoring his own.
    Well, there’s the OMD thing, too, since it was both her and Peter who made the deal… I just remember he kept saying he wouldn’t hurt her. I dunno, I think I got the gist of this issue, we’ll see.

Extraordinary Member

I severely doubt it, both were his friends.A.I. Harry maybe

Astonishing Member

Well, there’s the OMD thing, too, since it was both her and Peter who made the deal… I just remember he kept saying he wouldn’t hurt her. I dunno, I think I got the gist of this issue, we’ll see.
    I understand the OMD thing, but how does this effect him directly? Also remember the response by Kindred about Peter and MJ getting together? Like a jealous person. Basically in his twisted mind he felt, “Ok you chose him over me again? Then the kid gloves are off and you can deal with the consequences.”

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    There is one continuity error… Stromm looks like Robot Master in the flashback, but at that time he should’ve been in his Gaunt form.
    The PR line Marvel gave Spencer when he took over ASM was that "he read every Spider-Man book ever".

But Stromm doesn't look like Gaunt, and the literal only person who knew Stromm was alive was... Norman, which Harry just believed MIGHT come back one day. He wasn't running around unshackled, he was stuck in Europe helping the Scrier cult become more efficient.

If it wasn't just a PR line, then he did read every comic, and then he forgot stuff. Which makes it a bit of an empty boast.

So basically when Harry made Peter's robot parents to hurt Peter, he gave Norman spoilers:
    Sarah and Gabriel as children
    end of spoilers to mess with him the exact same way.

Except he can possess them....?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    So basically when Harry made Peter's robot parents to hurt Peter, he gave Norman spoilers:
    Sarah and Gabriel as children
    end of spoilers to mess with him the exact same way.

Except he can possess them....?
    That seems like the gist of it, although it's a bit unclear where DeMatteis Harry's actions end and AI Harry's begin (that is, the second thing could have been done by the AI).

As a side note, I want someone to recap ASM 74/875 (all 96 pages) and never distinguish between the various Harrys when writing it out. "Then Harry mocked Harry, while Harry pummeled Norman and ..."
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I understand the OMD thing, but how does this effect him directly? Also remember the response by Kindred about Peter and MJ getting together? Like a jealous person. Basically in his twisted mind he felt, “Ok you chose him over me again? Then the kid gloves are off and you can deal with the consequences.”
    Not explained yet how OMD could affect Harry. Though with Mysterio saying I know why all this is happening in Sinister War 1 and showing Mephisto you'd think that's what it is. I heard someone guess maybe Harry bargained with his soul with Mephisto saying Peter would never make a deal and he lost the bargain in OMD. Just a wild fan theory but one of the only things I can think of that makes sense.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-08-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    The PR line Marvel gave Spencer when he took over ASM was that "he read every Spider-Man book ever".

But Stromm doesn't look like Gaunt, and the literal only person who knew Stromm was alive was... Norman, which Harry just believed MIGHT come back one day. He wasn't running around unshackled, he was stuck in Europe helping the Scrier cult become more efficient.

If it wasn't just a PR line, then he did read every comic, and then he forgot stuff. Which makes it a bit of an empty boast.
    Spencer has been extremely through in knowing of ASM, are we really saying a minor role played by a minor character no one cares about makes it an "empty boast".
    Like Messi and Ronaldo miss penalties as well, doesn't mean them being one of the best players is an "empty boast".

Fantastic Member

Okay, yeah, that is Harry… but I still can’t see him trying to harm her. Does he just want her to confess? I also wonder what’ll happen to Harry? If his soul has taken over Sarah, with everything Harry has done and the people he’s killed, no way would it make sense for his soul to be freed from Mephisto. Too much water under the bridge there… I’ll just be glad when this is done.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spencer has been extremely through in knowing of ASM, are we really saying a minor role played by a minor character no one cares about makes it an "empty boast".
    Yes, those were, in fact, the words I used.
    It's a pretty odd move to have Stromm, who's always more renowned for his tech stuff, suddenly dabble in what for every intent and purpose seem organical, then we have Harry doing this to... stick it to his dad, but at the same time leave him gifts, because he wants to fool him into thinking he had sex with Gwen, when the AI Harry is playing his deranged side which was hellbent on restoring the family name, just so he can come back later down the line, with a timeline that does not match either the look or role of the character that even allowed this plan to take fruition?
    It's 10 leaps too many to say "oh, it's okay, that's so very minor" IMO.

It's really not that difficult to understand what's going on after thinking about it more but man does this issue make it confusing. Not sure it was helpful the way it was laid all out. They should have put more focus on what Harry was trying to do by making the kids so the reader is clear on motivation. You can understand it if you read the Robot parents arc, but for those who haven't, they are going to be lost on the purpose a bit.

It's still confusing on the possession aspect and exactly why he needs to recreate them over and over again. Why not just reveal it to Norman already before the degenrate instead of trying so many times unless he has other motivation to use them a vessels permanently? It seems like he had two purposes one to screw over Norman, and one to use the bodies as vessels... and that's not fully explained.

Didn't Peter do him a favor by fixing Sarah from dying? Why isn't he thanking Peter on that for figuring out a way to help him in his goal, LOL?
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-08-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So I read the reddit comments and chuckle at the one that suggested that the Gwen Norman slept with is actually Mysterio with a blonde wig. I don't have any reason not to believe that
    And now the wonderful image of Dafoe topping Gyllenhaal can be engraved within everyone's minds