Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

so... is harry an irredeemable villain now and that's a settled matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so... is harry an irredeemable villain now and that's a settled matter?
    Norman even calls it out.... "but Harry, you died a hero." Guess it doesn't matter given Norman's deal?

This issue made it even more unclear what Harry is mad about Peter and MJ to me. Seems like they did everything they could to help the children in Sin's Past yet Harry is saying to MJ doesn't it hurt to look at your sins? And they somehow let everyone down. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-08-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    It's really not that difficult to understand what's going on after thinking about it more but man does this issue make it confusing. Not sure it was helpful the way it was laid all out. They should have put more focus on what Harry was trying to do by making the kids so the reader is clear on motivation. You can understand it if you read the Robot parents arc, but for those who haven't, they are going to be lost on the purpose a bit.

It's still confusing on the possession aspect and exactly why he needs to recreate them over and over again. Why not just reveal it to Norman already before the degenrate instead of trying so many times unless he has other motivation to use them a vessels permanently? It seems like he had two purposes one to screw over Norman, and one to use the bodies as vessels... and that's not fully explained.

Didn't Peter do him a favor by fixing Sarah from dying? Why isn't he thanking Peter on that for figuring out a way to help him in his goal, LOL?
    I think he’s using the bodies to see if he can keep jumping in them maybe he plans to jump into the other Harry there fore screwing over the deal his father made .

I also just realized nothing with Kindred's supernatural abilities or the centipedes are explained yet. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mephisto gambling over the outcome of Sinister War with Dr. Strange and Kindred was promising the villans either damnation or chance to serve with him in hell? Certainly seems to be an agent of Mephisto if he can bring souls to Mephisto like that. Mephisto seemed to believe he could get souls based on what Kindred did with them.

Incredible Member

Harry explaining the LMD parents and working with Mysterio and Stromm would have made the perfect explanation for the 90's Clone Saga. It's too bad Marvel said he wasn't this smart back then.

Edit: random question - when did MJ see a therapist? Is this new info or did we actually see this in the books?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Harry explaining the LMD parents and working with Mysterio and Stromm would have made the perfect explanation for the 90's Clone Saga. It's too bad Marvel said he wasn't this smart back then.

Edit: random question - when did MJ see a therapist? Is this new info or did we actually see this in the books?
    It was revealed some issue ago: she went to the therapist (Mysterio actually) both after Gwen and Harry died.

Spectacular Member

Also, who is the one burying the twins after their degeneration? That's another thing that was not explained.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    You can understand it if you read the Robot parents arc, but for those who haven't, they are going to be lost on the purpose a bit.
    The thing is that even the much derided Roboparents are straightforward and logic compared to this. Harry wanted to torture Peter, so he got in touch with a villain and created fake parents to do it.

Now, Harry wanted to make his father proud and restore honor to the Osborn name before he died. That's why he... created some new lifeforms that would be his illegitimate spawn with Gwen Stacy, that he'd have to hypnotize his dad into believing were HIS children, which would be a crushing blow for him to discover is a falsehood whether he was good Norman or plain ol' evil Norman one way or another, and he had to try to keep getting them "right" because being not clones they keep rotting away and dying when his dad - the one he wants to make proud - has extensive knowledge of cloning as he was literally financing the Jackal and whatnot and his Scrier agents could even REMOVE DEGENERATION altogether!

So we're supposed to believe he wouldn't, after being an AI and finding out dad was alive as he hoped he would, get in touch and say "dad, we should totally ruin Peter with this. I just hit a snag, it's cloning time. But I guess I shouldn't tell you this, because I want to make you proud by deceiving you into either thinking you have offspring you have to care for or that one of your most crushing victories over Peter never even happened".

I also just realized nothing with Kindred's supernatural abilities or the centipedes are explained yet.
    It shouldn't be a controversial opinion to anyone that if you have well over 74 issues to tell a story, including a bunch of oversized issues and extra one shots, if you leave THIS much information to be sped through, so much so it feels like you're running the reader over with these concepts, you shouldn't do it on your last two issues. Regardless if one of them is oversized.

MJ saw a therapist on the aftermath of the Clone Saga, dealing with baby May's loss and whatnot. I'm just not sure if they ever revealed the therapist's looks - I remember them always being offscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Also, who is the one burying the twins after their degeneration? That's another thing that was not explained.
    The versions of them ?

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    That's a very good question. Hopefully there's an answer next issue.
    Last edited by SuperiorPeterParker; 09-08-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Fantastic Member

So, to try to sum this up...

OG Harry, or his soul likely trapped in Hell, has now possessed Sarah and wants Pete and MJ to 'face their sins' (Which, I can only imagine, is OMD... it's the only one that makes any sense).

Sarah and Gabriel are just clone/test tube babies/whatever and not the result of a badonk-a-donk by Norman and Gwen (Thank God!). However, they keep rapidly aging and dying... and right now it looks like OG Harry has found the perfect one to possess (The Sarah Pete met and gave a blood transfusion to, and somehow halted the rapid aging... guessing on that part, anyways.) Norman used Mysterio to make MJ think Gwen was pregnant.

BND Harry is a clone. Okay, no big surprise there.

Now here's the big question... what is OG Harry really after? Yeah, he wants Pete and MJ to face their sins yadda, yadda, yadda... but what does he get from it? Satisfaction? That seems kinda... dumb, given everything he's done. Does he want to temporarily use the Sarah vessel before hopping into the Harry clone? What is his end game here?

So... If Sarah got Peter's blood in her, does that mean she has some kind of Spider-powers?

I'm trying to connect the dots. Remember that panel, where Kindred was jumping off the ceiling, to kill Mysterio's psychiatrist?

Edit:
    Also, what the hell does Kindred truly want? If he wanted to jump into someone's else body, he shouldn't have to run around screaming about sins and stuff.
    Last edited by Dzika_Sowa; 09-08-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    So... If Sarah got Peter's blood in her, does that mean she has some kind of Spider-powers?

I'm trying to connect the dots. Remember that panel, where Kindred was jumping off the ceiling, to kill Mysterio's psychiatrist?
    Soooo.... a supernatual, part Gwen Stacy genetic kid with spider-powers?

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Soooo.... a supernatual, part Gwen Stacy genetic kid with spider-powers?
    It's starting to sound like a bad comic book plot!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    It's starting to sound like a bad comic book plot!
    Oh, I forgot! A supernatural, part Gwen Stacy genetic kid, POSSESSED BY THE SOUL OF BEST FRIEND, with spider powers!

... Are we sure it's not the 90s again?