Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if we're talking current continuity she started out as Orphan and then became Batgirl. There wasn't the sequence of events that the crossed out names implied, and I don't think the writer thought it through that much.

I guess we could think that just because this comic is "everyone is here, all this stuff happened" it doesn't mean stuff like Dick and Spyral or Dick as Batman still happened.
    Yeah, but, Cass codename under last Tynion run in Tec was Orphan, right? Or I'm wrong? I'm asking because I'm not sure. I guess she's not anymore, but I don't think the writer here knew she would go by Batgirl again when they started working on this webtoon.

I think they will address Grayson's story and Dickbats at some point. Because most fandom like and know about it. But maybe this time they just didn't mention for whatever reason.

I don't know, just guessing I don't think this webcomic is working any kind of canon or following any known timeline to the T, to be honest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah, but, Cass codename under last Tynion run in Tec was Orphan, right? Or I'm wrong? I'm asking because I'm not sure. I guess she's not anymore, but I don't think the writer here knew she would go by Batgirl again when they started working on this webtoon.

I think they will address Grayson's story and Dickbats at some point. Because most fandom like and know about it. But maybe this time they just didn't mention for whatever reason.

I don't know, just guessing I don't think this webcomic is working any kind of canon or following any known timeline to the T, to be honest.
    They will do what DC allows them too, they might not be able to use the her in the batgirl codename at the moments
    She is orphan currently so it matches

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    For sure, they can throw whatever they want in there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They will do what DC allows them too, they might not be able to use the her in the batgirl codename at the moments
    She is orphan currently so it matches
    I don't think the name is currently being used. She's just one of the Batgirls.

Astonishing Member

Well, if we're talking current continuity she started out as Orphan and then became Batgirl. There wasn't the sequence of events that the crossed out names implied, and I don't think the writer thought it through that much.
    Well, Cassandra hasn't been called Batgirl even if she is one of the Batgirls now.

Writers are using an "all continuity". So, Cassandra was Batgirl, Black Bat and Orphan in that order.

If Stephanie has one of these at some point, the order will likely be Spoiler, Robin and Batgirl, but Robin and Batgirl would be crossed out.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-07-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Cassandra hasn't been called Batgirl even if she is one of the Batgirls now.

Writers are using an "all continuity". So, Cassandra was Batgirl, Black Bat and Orphan in that order.

If Stephanie has one of these at some point, the order will likely be Spoiler, Robin and Batgirl, but Robin and Batgirl would be crossed out.
    Yeah, but she's regarded as Batgirl. It's not like they're pushing the Orphan name anymore.

I guess this is the results we get from writers thinking "Orphan" was a good name to stick Cass with for years.

Oh yeah, I guess they would incorporate Steph being Robin here too.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but she's regarded as Batgirl. It's not like they're pushing the Orphan name anymore.

I guess this is the results we get from writers thinking "Orphan" was a good name to stick Cass with for years.

Oh yeah, I guess they would incorporate Steph being Robin here too.
    whas as of the BATGIRLS book announcement two weeks ago? This was probably filmed before that since Cass has been been Orphan since her return in 2015 in her every media appearance. That the problem when you don't originate a title it can come and go.

whas as of the BATGIRLS book announcement two weeks ago? This was probably filmed before that since Cass has been been Orphan since her return in 2015 in her every media appearance. That the problem when you don't originate a title it can come and go.
    Can we, as a fandom, just collectively agree that "Orphan" is a bad codename for Cassandra Cain?

Can we, as a fandom, just collectively agree that "Orphan" is a bad codename for Cassandra Cain?
    Agreed. It should be Bruce's.

Extraordinary Member

We been did it made no sense, but once they called her that in YJ I knew that it was locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It is rare that I laugh at a comment.

SOOO on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Even with Alfred?
    We been did it made no sense, but once they called her that in YJ I knew that it was locked.
    Assuming she's not eventually Batgirl come next season (which she should be).

Even with Alfred?
    Especially with Alfred.

I've been saying that ever since she started using it. Hell even Shiva pointed out how stupid it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've been saying that ever since she started using it. Hell even Shiva pointed out how stupid it is.
    And...I mean...she's Cass's mom, so ...