Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Enjoyed the last few episodes, especially the one that had Stephanie in the mustache.

Well, Duke Thomas went through all the highs and lows of teenage romance.

So Bruce has a "post-breakup pep talk." I want to hear this one .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Duke Thomas went through all the highs and lows of teenage romance.

So Bruce has a "post-breakup pep talk." I want to hear this one .
    I know its supposed to be part 3 of 3, but it honestly feels like 3 of 4. Like the real reason why she broke up was because of her parents, moving away, or some other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know its supposed to be part 3 of 3, but it honestly feels like 3 of 4. Like the real reason why she broke up was because of her parents, moving away, or some other reason.
    In any other comic "My parents are actually Supervillains!" .

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-27-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Looks like there's a new Tim/Steph story coming up...and Jason/Babs...and Bruce dealing with Scarecrow?...and an Alfred snowball fight .

Mighty Member

Looks like there's a new Tim/Steph story coming up...and Jason/Babs...and Bruce dealing with Scarecrow?...and an Alfred snowball fight .
    Please don't let the Tim/Steph story be about Bernard. Please don't let the Tim/Steph story be about Bernard. Please don't let the Tim/Steph story be about Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Please don't let the Tim/Steph story be about Bernard. Please don't let the Tim/Steph story be about Bernard. Please don't let the Tim/Steph story be about Bernard.
    I'm sure it'll be about how such incredible (and platonic) best friends Tim and Steph are with no romantic undertones at all .

Mighty Member

I'm sure it'll be about how such incredible (and platonic) best friends Tim and Steph are with no romantic undertones at all .
    I hate that you are right.

On a positive side it looks like it will finally treat Duke with respect. About time.

I hate that you are right.

On a positive side it looks like it will finally treat Duke with respect. About time.
    He did get 3 chapters about him with a girl.

But it coming back tomorrow is awesome! Can't wait!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    He did get 3 chapters about him with a girl.

But it coming back tomorrow is awesome! Can't wait!

Those chapters were just a boring generic teen romance story that told us nothing about Duke or even sounded like him and we barely got his insight in a way that felt like Duke and only were given cliche lines you see in every teen romance movie. The writers wanted to do a cliche teen romance and just dumped it with Duke cuz they don't care about him.

Those chapters were just a boring generic teen romance story that told us nothing about Duke or even sounded like him and we barely got his insight in a way that felt like Duke and only were given cliche lines you see in every teen romance movie. The writers wanted to do a cliche teen romance and just dumped it with Duke cuz they don't care about him.
    And then the girl broke up with him because...reasons?

Mighty Member

And then the girl broke up with him because...reasons?
    Cuz they don't care about Duke. WFA romance is generic and bland in general. Like Tim's was just a cute BL story that didn't feel like him at all.

Cuz they don't care about Duke. WFA romance is generic and bland in general. Like Tim's was just a cute BL story that didn't feel like him at all.
    Admittedly, I had hoped that story for Duke would be expanded upon, but it never was. And Tim... I'll be honest, I am completely neutral to him as a character. The one version I'm actually somewhat familiar with is the BTAS version, which was basically Jason Todd, but called "Tim Drake" because WB wouldn't let the creators use Jason. I don't hate Tim, nor am I a fan. He's simply "there".

I do get he was an "everyman" originally (as much as a kid billionaire practically forgotten by his parents can be "everyman"), which is fine. Sure. Then New52 made him into a Gary Stu. Joy. Then Rebirth walked that part back, only for him to choose "Drake" (another black mark on Bendis' time at DC) as a new persona.

Yeah. Just, not the kind of character I enjoy I guess. I admit, characters like Jason, Damian, Dean Winchester, and Galen Marek (Star Wars) more fall in that category. But I do like the more straightlaced ones like Dick, Donna, etc.

First episode of season 2 is out!

I get the intention but knowing Damian and Cass' backgrounds and what the Batfamily deal with on a daily basis, calling a game "assassin" feels in bad taste.

Also looks like they updated Steph's costume? It looks more like her old Spoiler look minus the mask. I wish they updated Cass' costume because that suit is pretty outdated by this point (unless it's a tumblr thing).

Harper/Bluebird finally makes her debut.