Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 245
  1. #166
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Okay, that makes sense.

    But why coffee addict?
    It's an extension of Tim not having enough sleep during his Robin run. Staying up all night working on cases, falling asleep during a date on a rollercoaster, falling asleep on a coffee date, falling asleep sitting down listening to music in his bedroom floor, falling asleep on a rooftop while taking a bit of rest... there's only like one panel of him ordering whatever as long as there's caffeine in it, but since the idea is he likes to stay up late, fandom just adds coffee

    So the coffee is the reason he can stay up late

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has taken the time to really look into the origins of these fanfic characterizations. With Duke it's a pretty straight line because he's so new but I'm curious how the perception of the characters changed in such a way that would produce these interpretations.
    Bruce burning down the kitchen is from Tim's era. One time Alfred quit, so Bruce has to take care of himself, and he screwed up a tuna sandwich and add too much detergent to the laundry machine. The other time is in TNBA comic adaptation, he actually burned down the sandwich/waffle he meant to serve Alfred and the kids as an appreciation to them.

    Jason coming only for food I think is an extension of him breaking into Wayne Manor during Batman Eternal. He and Bruce were not in good term, but he asked his help to watch Barbara, and he came breaking in, with Bruce referencing that there are other times he broke in and he had to replace half his security measures.

    There are other times too, I forgot which Outlaws, when Bruce was away, Jason snuck in to get his leftover belongings, but caught by Alfred.

    This led to the joke that, since fanfic are lighter, that Jason breaks in EVERY TIME, even after he's given the keys to the Manor and in good relationship with them. (of course this also goes into him breaking into Batman's safe houses to steal supplies)

    Of course, Tired Dad Bruce is just the natural result of all of those. How can he not be tired with all of those happening at the same time.

    It's also comes from fandom with large family that doesn't believe that Bruce isn't tired living with all these chaotic kids (of course the real answer is because only 2 of them stays in the Manor at a time, but we ignore that because that's not funny)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-20-2021 at 03:43 AM.

  2. #167
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    18

    Default

    It was pleasant to read.

  3. #168
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    18

    Default

    The Golden Age stories were not so grim after 1939, there were many, many Batman stories in the 1940s and 1950s of Batman with a great character, balanced, compassionate.
    For DC's number one intellectual property, they need something like this webtoon to balance things out, and make the character (and now others) approachable - to the rest of the nation not following every comics issue. A lot of people tend to forget that a huge percent of the population remembers the Batman, based on the live action TV series in 1966-1968.

  4. #169
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's an extension of Tim not having enough sleep during his Robin run. Staying up all night working on cases, falling asleep during a date on a rollercoaster, falling asleep on a coffee date, falling asleep sitting down listening to music in his bedroom floor, falling asleep on a rooftop while taking a bit of rest... there's only like one panel of him ordering whatever as long as there's caffeine in it, but since the idea is he likes to stay up late, fandom just adds coffee

    So the coffee is the reason he can stay up late



    Bruce burning down the kitchen is from Tim's era. One time Alfred quit, so Bruce has to take care of himself, and he screwed up a tuna sandwich and add too much detergent to the laundry machine. The other time is in TNBA comic adaptation, he actually burned down the sandwich/waffle he meant to serve Alfred and the kids as an appreciation to them.

    Jason coming only for food I think is an extension of him breaking into Wayne Manor during Batman Eternal. He and Bruce were not in good term, but he asked his help to watch Barbara, and he came breaking in, with Bruce referencing that there are other times he broke in and he had to replace half his security measures.

    There are other times too, I forgot which Outlaws, when Bruce was away, Jason snuck in to get his leftover belongings, but caught by Alfred.

    This led to the joke that, since fanfic are lighter, that Jason breaks in EVERY TIME, even after he's given the keys to the Manor and in good relationship with them. (of course this also goes into him breaking into Batman's safe houses to steal supplies)

    Of course, Tired Dad Bruce is just the natural result of all of those. How can he not be tired with all of those happening at the same time.

    It's also comes from fandom with large family that doesn't believe that Bruce isn't tired living with all these chaotic kids (of course the real answer is because only 2 of them stays in the Manor at a time, but we ignore that because that's not funny)
    I guess it had a better basis in canon than I expected.

  5. #170
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's an extension of Tim not having enough sleep during his Robin run. Staying up all night working on cases, falling asleep during a date on a rollercoaster, falling asleep on a coffee date, falling asleep sitting down listening to music in his bedroom floor, falling asleep on a rooftop while taking a bit of rest... there's only like one panel of him ordering whatever as long as there's caffeine in it, but since the idea is he likes to stay up late, fandom just adds coffee

    So the coffee is the reason he can stay up late



    Bruce burning down the kitchen is from Tim's era. One time Alfred quit, so Bruce has to take care of himself, and he screwed up a tuna sandwich and add too much detergent to the laundry machine. The other time is in TNBA comic adaptation, he actually burned down the sandwich/waffle he meant to serve Alfred and the kids as an appreciation to them.

    Jason coming only for food I think is an extension of him breaking into Wayne Manor during Batman Eternal. He and Bruce were not in good term, but he asked his help to watch Barbara, and he came breaking in, with Bruce referencing that there are other times he broke in and he had to replace half his security measures.

    There are other times too, I forgot which Outlaws, when Bruce was away, Jason snuck in to get his leftover belongings, but caught by Alfred.

    This led to the joke that, since fanfic are lighter, that Jason breaks in EVERY TIME, even after he's given the keys to the Manor and in good relationship with them. (of course this also goes into him breaking into Batman's safe houses to steal supplies)

    Of course, Tired Dad Bruce is just the natural result of all of those. How can he not be tired with all of those happening at the same time.

    It's also comes from fandom with large family that doesn't believe that Bruce isn't tired living with all these chaotic kids (of course the real answer is because only 2 of them stays in the Manor at a time, but we ignore that because that's not funny)
    This is very insightful! You know your Batman Family fandom history!
    gf.me/u/zjvqdz

    Linked is a personal GoFundMe for a financial nest egg. After having lost our mother this past February, me and my brother have had serious financial anxieties. If you are able/willing and/or if you know someone else who is, please consider contributing and sharing. Thank you.

  6. #171
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it had a better basis in canon than I expected.
    Bruce being helpless in the kitchen was obliquely stated in Dixon's Nightwing run.

    In one issue where the Tim Drake Robin was hanging out with Nightwing, Tim was shocked that Dick was able to cook since Bruce couldn't. At all.

    It looks like the creators took the bits they liked from the comic and the TV Cartoons (where Bruce is generally a kinder father figure to the Batfamily).

  7. #172
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    This series is a mood lifter.

  8. #173
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This series is a mood lifter.
    And definitely needed for the Batman product line. DC Comics needs to realize that they are not only selling to the relatively small traditional comics market, but also building intellectual property of their characters for the broad range of WB media entertainment. DC can literally afford to give this away.

  9. #174

  10. #175
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Robins trying to outdo each other .

    I can appreciate the fact that Dick's first appearance isn't all about his butt...and Tim is the overachiever...and Cass talks about as much as you would expect.

  11. #176
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,357

    Default

    Episode 2 Comment Section

    This poor person who just want to enjoy things but there's WW3 in their comment that lasts 4 pages:

    Damian not looking like a mini Bruce Wayne clone! I'm in desperate need of some actual batfam fluff and this art style is perfect. EDIT: guys I don’t hate white people so idk where u got that from… it’s always nice to see representation in the batfam so if u disagree just don’t reply ty + changed my wording

    These Batman Doesn't Sit Down supporters:
    - Why is Batman yawning? that might sound trivial, but it's extremely out of character for him. Bruce Wayne is just a facade.
    - Damien Wayne isn't a fun guy, he is a person who wants to kill his enemy on the spot even when his own dad(batman) tells him not to. Im very sorry to offend anyone but people who know about DC know what I really mean.

    These unintentionally hilarious sentences:
    - he once stole the batmoblies tires and got adopted
    - Tim Drake is the third and his parents are normally still alive

    People keep proving my point that if Damian's light skin people will think he's white automatically:
    - ah all the comics and movies I've seen him in his white thank you for explaining
    - Why is Damian's skin dark? Both of his parents are white.

    Really really non comic reader:
    red hood = deadpool?

    Oh thank you for reading:
    - Cassandra Cain i thought the name was familiar then below her name the description.....then i remembered i saw the character in the movie Birds of prey �� starting to find familiar characters from all the movies i saw
    - Cassandra Cain ?! the one we saw in birds of prey ?! with harley quinn ?!

    Oh right I forgot about this:
    For someone who watches Young Justice I'm quite happy to see what orphan looks like

    Another oh right I forgot some people only watch certain things and take it as the only version:
    Seeing how Tim Drake is older and still a Robin.. I guess this AU decided to skip the whole “Joker-Brainwashing/Remaking-Tim-in-his-own-image” thing…

    Overall there's less hilarity here since there's a lot more old fans flooding in.
    People have moved on from Hot Dad Bruce to Hot Todd... wait, no... they're just horny for everyone now
    There's a lot of Totally Spies fans. Alfred apparently looks like someone called Jerry.

    People's favorite:
    - Bruce's World's Okayest Dad mug
    - Jason tackling Damian
    - Jason's white streak
    - Alfred

    What people want
    - Dick

  12. #177
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,705

    Default

    Liking this series a lot.

    Bruce's Reaction to Steph's Green Arrow merch was pure Joy.

  13. #178
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Liking this series a lot.

    Bruce's Reaction to Steph's Green Arrow merch was pure Joy.
    That was totally hilarious, especially Steph rubbing salt in the wound.

  14. #179
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Episode 2 Comment Section

    This poor person who just want to enjoy things but there's WW3 in their comment that lasts 4 pages:

    Damian not looking like a mini Bruce Wayne clone! I'm in desperate need of some actual batfam fluff and this art style is perfect. EDIT: guys I don’t hate white people so idk where u got that from… it’s always nice to see representation in the batfam so if u disagree just don’t reply ty + changed my wording

    These Batman Doesn't Sit Down supporters:
    - Why is Batman yawning? that might sound trivial, but it's extremely out of character for him. Bruce Wayne is just a facade.
    - Damien Wayne isn't a fun guy, he is a person who wants to kill his enemy on the spot even when his own dad(batman) tells him not to. Im very sorry to offend anyone but people who know about DC know what I really mean.

    These unintentionally hilarious sentences:
    - he once stole the batmoblies tires and got adopted
    - Tim Drake is the third and his parents are normally still alive

    People keep proving my point that if Damian's light skin people will think he's white automatically:
    - ah all the comics and movies I've seen him in his white thank you for explaining
    - Why is Damian's skin dark? Both of his parents are white.

    Really really non comic reader:
    red hood = deadpool?

    Oh thank you for reading:
    - Cassandra Cain i thought the name was familiar then below her name the description.....then i remembered i saw the character in the movie Birds of prey �� starting to find familiar characters from all the movies i saw
    - Cassandra Cain ?! the one we saw in birds of prey ?! with harley quinn ?!

    Oh right I forgot about this:
    For someone who watches Young Justice I'm quite happy to see what orphan looks like

    Another oh right I forgot some people only watch certain things and take it as the only version:
    Seeing how Tim Drake is older and still a Robin.. I guess this AU decided to skip the whole “Joker-Brainwashing/Remaking-Tim-in-his-own-image” thing…

    Overall there's less hilarity here since there's a lot more old fans flooding in.
    People have moved on from Hot Dad Bruce to Hot Todd... wait, no... they're just horny for everyone now
    There's a lot of Totally Spies fans. Alfred apparently looks like someone called Jerry.

    People's favorite:
    - Bruce's World's Okayest Dad mug
    - Jason tackling Damian
    - Jason's white streak
    - Alfred

    What people want
    - Dick
    Dick has demand

    Once again media like video games and films reach way more people then any comic.
    Poor cass

  15. #180
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Liking this series a lot.

    Bruce's Reaction to Steph's Green Arrow merch was pure Joy.
    That had me in stitches. The betrayal. Poor Bruce. He felt that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •