Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Cass' favourite would definitely have been Bat-dad. Daddy's little girl.

Finally got Dick Grayson focus in the series.
    Like this interpretation of the hero.
    Dick using his siblings to trolling Bruce on an epic scale. Great.
    He knew what he was doing.
    In the past I've come across the Bruce being jealous of Clark because he's Dick's favourite hero HC but this took it to the next level and it was great.

Bruce's reaction, the way he becomes increasingly agitated to his eventually break and work out. Everything was great.

ISMAHAWK is making this into a live action fan series.
    They did a pretty cool Nightwing fan series sometime ago.

Edit: Actually, it's an official live-action adaptation.

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-...on-series-cast

Last edited by Drako; 10-06-2021 at 08:26 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    ISMAHAWK is making this into a live action fan series.
    They did a pretty cool Nightwing fan series sometime ago.

Edit: Actually, it's an official live-action adaptation.

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-...on-series-cast

The Batfamily series we never knew we needed and Titans keeps trying to force itself into being .

Extraordinary Member

Episode 7: https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of...0&episode_no=7

Btw. Dick was trained by Shrike...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Batfamily series we never knew we needed and Titans keeps trying to force itself into being .

Speaking of, the fucking turf war that this series is already having with the Titans fandom on twitter is amazing XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

Fun strip, I loved it. I can feel some Cas-Jay synergy going on there.
    Also, smart. Using a bingo game to tell us a lot about each character background and how they feel about it. Smart and fun.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. were any other DC-Webtoon series announced sofar?

Thoughts:

- "Raise your hand if you've ever started your own Superhero team." Dick -> Titans, Jason -> Outlaws, Damian -> His Titans? Tim -> Young Justice.

- So Cassandra was Batgirl and Black Bat. But then why would she settle on Orphan? Are the writers just not at all self-aware about that codename? I feel like the order should be reversed, but I guess if they won't call her Batgirl and rights issues won't let them use Black Bat, they didn't have much choice. So does that mean Steph was Batgirl too and just went back to Spoiler?

- Would Cass pull a prank on Bruce in the field? I think she's too serious/reveres him too much to do that. Unless Steph talked her into it.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. Jason's list is also missing a lot of hero names, he was Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing, Red Robin, Batman, and Wingman.

Btw. Jason's list is also missing a lot of hero names, he was Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing, Red Robin, Batman, and Wingman.
    They didn't put Agent 37 or Batman for Dick, let alone Nightwing or Batman for Jason.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The Drake joke was kind of funny .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:
    - So Cassandra was Batgirl and Black Bat. But then why would she settle on Orphan? Are the writers just not at all self-aware about that codename? I feel like the order should be reversed, but I guess if they won't call her Batgirl and rights issues won't let them use Black Bat, they didn't have much choice. So does that mean Steph was Batgirl too and just went back to Spoiler?
    I guess they're just kind of following the current/main continuity timeline, even when they're not in the same universe at all. Orphan was Cass last codename, right? And also, that would be the reason why Drake is cross out for Tim.

Yeah, but out of all those, the one who lasted more was Wingman, which he had for a very brief time. Most people in the fandom don't remember them (or don't want to). Which is what this webcomic is more about, I guess.

As for Dick lacking Agent 37 and Batman, that's a mystery. I guess Agent 37 is just a secret mission or something, and Batman maybe is dropped because it's Batman? I don't know.

Ok, I have no idea.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-07-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They didn't put Agent 37 or Batman for Dick
    Agent 37 isn't really a "hero name".

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I guess they're just kind of following the current/main continuity timeline, even when they're not in the same universe at all. Orphan was Cass last codename, right? And also, that would be the reason why Drake is cross out for Tim.
    Well, if we're talking current continuity she started out as Orphan and then became Batgirl. There wasn't the sequence of events that the crossed out names implied, and I don't think the writer thought it through that much.
    As for Dick lacking Agent 37 and Batman, that's a mystery. I guess Agent 37 is just a secret mission or something, and Batman maybe is dropped because it's Batman? I don't know.
    I guess we could think that just because this comic is "everyone is here, all this stuff happened" it doesn't mean stuff like Dick and Spyral or Dick as Batman still happened.