Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Steph isn't adopted too. Neither is Duke.
    Yeah, but the description for this says Duke is moving into the manor, and mentions fostered kids alongside adopted and biological. I'm guessing Duke at the very least falls under the foster kid in this continuity, unlike Babs, who has a living, healthy father normally.

Steph I'm not sure about.

Still wondering why they're calling this "Batman: Wayne Family Adventures" instead of just "Batman Family Adventures".

I figured "Wayne Family Adventures" would be more about Bruce's dad and other ancestors.

Banananana-banananana- BAT-DAD!!!

This feels like a Bat-fam sitcom.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 09-08-2021 at 08:43 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    The original press release has the promotional art without the fade-to-black WebToon filter/ad, so you can see more clearly it's Tim.
    Ah, thanks!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bat-Fam Tumblr: the Series

Could be cute though
    Yep defiantly Tumblr-inspired.

Agree it does look cute and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Yeah, but the description for this says Duke is moving into the manor, and mentions fostered kids alongside adopted and biological. I'm guessing Duke at the very least falls under the foster kid in this continuity, unlike Babs, who has a living, healthy father normally.

Steph I'm not sure about.
    I feel like Steph may fall under foster kid also.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Still wondering why they're calling this "Batman: Wayne Family Adventures" instead of just "Batman Family Adventures".

I figured "Wayne Family Adventures" would be more about Bruce's dad and other ancestors.
    If this is more a slice-of-life series, "Wayne Family Adventures" may be better fitted as this may not focus too much on Batman and superhero adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Banananana-banananana- BAT-DAD!!!

This feels like a Bat-fam sitcom.
    I would watch

Wait, this will be out today! Didn't even realized. I'm definitely checking out.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I have to say, for a webtoon based around Batman, centering it on the whole family and their interaction seems pretty ingenious. I just hope the characterizations and interactions are on-point.

"to join an endless supply of adopted, fostered and biological vigilante children," they're hitting the nail on the head and using Duke as POV character .

Damian looking ethnically accurate for once.

I wonder how much actual crime-fighting we'll see, or the villains.

I was worried Cass was wearing the Orphan suit here but it seems like they just added more yellow to her Batgirl costume. Actually, is she maybe Batgirl in this? We don't see Babs, Steph would be Spoiler, so maybe she's Batgirl? Although she doesn't have the chest logo, so maybe not.

They're really trying to make Jason and the skunk stripe happen.

Tim looks like he's wearing the Red Robin suit.

It definitely is going to be like a sitcom. It's Webtoon. They're pretty hard and constant about them aiming to genenral, family friendly content. They do publish some webcomics that are a bit more mature in content, but those are rare.

I'll chek it out. This one could be very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-08-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Looks fine, but I don't know if I'll check this one out. Depends how the focus is spread. Probably too many characters involved I don't have any interest in. Like if Duke is the main focus that is an easy pass then. Just too many Batman family members when you look at all this, especially teens. Dick, Jason, Babs (who doesn't seem to be in this), and Damian are the only ones I think really matter. The rest of the family I could honestly do without I think.

Also Damian looks weird being drawn with such dark skin. He is almost as dark as Duke, haha. I get they want to try and up his diversity from his mother's side, but Talia isn't drawn with such dark skin either, so this does come across like some fanart you'd see on tumblr when he isn't really drawn like that in the main comics at all. Just a bit surprising is all I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Looks fine, but I don't know if I'll check this one out. Depends how the focus is spread. Probably too many characters involved I don't have any interest in. Like if Duke is the main focus that is an easy pass then. Just too many Batman family members when you look at all this, especially teens. Dick, Jason, Babs (who doesn't seem to be in this), and Damian are the only ones I think really matter. The rest of the family I could honestly do without I think.

Also Damian looks weird being drawn with such dark skin. He is almost as dark as Duke, haha. I get they want to try and up his diversity from his mother's side, but Talia isn't drawn with such dark skin either, so this does come across like some fanart you'd see on tumblr when he isn't really drawn like that in the main comics at all. Just a bit surprising is all I guess.
    I imagine the focus will probably shift in different episodes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The ones on the covers seem to be Robins and/or adopted. That would explain why Steph is there but not Babs.

I don't remember if Steph stayed at the Manor when she was Robin, if so that counts. Babs never stayed at the Manor.

Wow I actually want to read something Batman related. Embracing the Batfam fandom is an unusually smart business decision for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Damn, so they stuck Babs back in the wheelchair for this. I was thinking they might but it is always disappointing to see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Damn, so they stuck Babs back in the wheelchair for this. I was thinking they might but it is always disappointing to see.
    On the flip side episode 3 was my favorite bit of Babs content on years.