Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Like Little Gotham, I'm surprised nobody thought of this sooner.

There is an audience for this kind of thing, that audience is a known quantity now and I imagine they will eat this up with a spoon.

I can even see traditional Batfans enjoying this. After all it has a Bruce Wayne that gives off even more "good Batdad, that dosent treat his sidekicks like crap" vibes than the Young Justice version.

How do I watch this? A streaming channel? Is there an app?

I am not familiar with Webtoons at all. Never heard of them before today.

PS: Found it. Read the first 3 episodes. I noticed that rather than wade into the divisive fanwars over who should be Batgirl, they decided to have NO Batgirl at all.

As strategies go it's no a bad one. No one version won out so everyone pushing for a particular version of Batgirl at worst is annoyed equally.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 09-08-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

There is an audience for this kind of thing, that audience is a known quantity now and I imagine they will eat this up with a spoon.

I can even see traditional Batfans enjoying this. After all it has a Bruce Wayne that gives off even more "good Batdad, that dosent treat his sidekicks like crap" vibes than the Young Justice version.

I am not familiar with Webtoons at all. Never heard of them before today, lol.
    Just go to the site and enjoy. The first three chapters are free. 4-6 are available if you pay for coins (which are VERY affordable and worth the price if you're into a certain story. I use them all the time on this site. One very small payment can last you a very long time if you're only using them on one comic.)
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of...?title_no=3180

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why you would call a character Orphan in a comic that's all about her hanging out with her family boggles the mind.
    Batman is not a literal bat man.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Orphan is just a horrible superhero name. If she can't be called Batgirl then at least come up with something decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Orphan is just a horrible superhero name. If she can't be called Batgirl then at least come up with something decent.
    Agreed. Like Drake, that name never should have seen the light of day.

Amazing Member

Not just Little Gotham. This reminds me quite a bit of Gotham Academy.

A series I am certain I will miss until my dying breath (so much fun!).

I wonder if there will ever be a time this series will make it into print? Or would that cut into Webtoons profits?

It probably would. Which is too bad. Becaue I bet this would be fun to read not-on-a-screen, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I am not familiar with Webtoons at all. Never heard of them before today.

PS: Found it. Read the first 3 episodes. I noticed that rather than wade into the divisive fanwars over who should be Batgirl, they decided to have NO Batgirl at all.

As strategies go it's no a bad one. No one version won out so everyone pushing for a particular version of Batgirl at worst is annoyed equally.

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post

I wonder if there will ever be a time this series will make it into print? Or would that cut into Webtoons profits?

It probably would. Which is too bad. Becaue I bet this would be fun to read not-on-a-screen, too.
    I think some get printed versions after some time, I'm pretty sure my sister pre-ordered a print version of Hooky.

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post

They will need a lot of work to put this on paper. The drawings are made specifically for the site and they scrolling way you read there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

This was a fun comic. Anything the 'Big 2' can do to get out of the narrow 'superhero' genre they have caused is great.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They will need a lot of work to put this on paper. The drawings are made specifically for the site and they scrolling way you read there.
    Nah, there are a number of series that have been released print format. Whether this one does just depends on whatever DC and Webtoons negotiated. I would love to own this in print though.

The other way around—page format onto phone scroll—has been done too, and DC is doing the conversions. I saw the first few issues of Superman Rebirth in phone scroll format on the Kakao website a few months back and they did a pretty great job with it. It’s not up on Kakao anymore since it appears that DC changed their contract from Kakao to Naver Webtoons, so I think it’ll eventually end up on the Webtoons site. DC will probably offer up both webcomics and select vertical-format-converted mainline comics.
    Last edited by oneveryfineday; 09-09-2021 at 08:48 AM.

I saw 3 episodes of this. Is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Batman is not a literal bat man.
    Yeah, but he dresses up as a bat. What about Cass stands out as an "Orphan?"

It's just a dumb codename.

What about Cass stands out as an "Orphan?"
    Why does anything have to? It's a codename. It doesn't need to be a meaningful reference to anything.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Why does anything have to? It's a codename. It doesn't need to be a meaningful reference to anything.
    I think that kind of defeats the point of even having a codename. Especially if that's what people are going to call you.

I think that kind of defeats the point of even having a codename. Especially if that's what people are going to call you.
    It's to protect someone's identity. Having such a name that's completely unrelated to one's real identity seems like a good idea.