Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Orphan doesn't make a lick of sense in-universe either. Especially in this version of the character where she's happily adopted by Bruce. If anything is even disrespectful to the man.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Her blood relatives are two assassins. Cain trained Cass as a weapon to the point where her neglected to teach her to speak.

I can see why she'd want to declare herself as an Orphan. Both her real parents are $#!%.
    ...makes total sense as to why Cass would take such a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s an integral part of the superhero concept and the comic medium. You not being concerned about it doesn’t make it any less valid. There wasn’t a distinction between in universe and out when it comics to this topic. Ignoring the out of universe purposes and pretending those aren’t relevant doesn’t make it actually so.
    I don't understand what you mean. Those out-of-universe things literally don't matter in-universe, and are not relevant from that standpoint.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-09-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. Those out-of-universe things literally don't matter in-universe, and are not relevant from that standpoint.
    Your the only one trying to contain it to that standpoint. The in universe standpoint isn’t the only one that matters or is relevant to this topic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Your the only one trying to contain it to that standpoint. The in universe standpoint isn’t the only one that matters or is relevant to this topic.
    This topic is a webtoon comic, we are long past relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This...

...makes total sense as to why Cass would take such a name.
    Not in the context of her having a found family, though. The name just makes her sound depressed.

Wayne Family Adventures dub incoming
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

The Prez from Horimiya is Duke? Sweet .

They actually got someone Middle Eastern to voice Damian, which I think is a first.

...what the heck is a comic dub? Like, I know what a dub is in animation, so...is this a comic with an audio aspect to it? An audio comic book?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...what the heck is a comic dub? Like, I know what a dub is in animation, so...is this a comic with an audio aspect to it? An audio comic book?
    it's, well, this...

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

it's, well, this...

Holy crap that's fast. Kind of wasn't expecting to hear about it and then ten minutes later to see it.
    Eh, voices were alright. Damian's was the best as far as voices go I guess, had that posh rich kid vibe going.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Like Little Gotham, I'm surprised nobody thought of this sooner.

There is an audience for this kind of thing, that audience is a known quantity now and I imagine they will eat this up with a spoon.

I can even see traditional Batfans enjoying this. After all it has a Bruce Wayne that gives off even more "good Batdad, that dosent treat his sidekicks like crap" vibes than the Young Justice version.
    I agree that this is brilliant and also that it is surprising that this hasn't been done sooner. It's basically giving the Archive Of Our Own/etc. fanfics writers and consumers and the Tumblr/etc. fanartists official stories focusing on the domestic side of Bruce's headcanoned life just for them. A lot of the idiosyncrasies are there, including costume choice, Jason's "Tumblr hair", and other such choices popularly agreed upon in those fandomspaces.

(I'm down with it, myself, just for them remembering Duke alone, quite frankly.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They will need a lot of work to put this on paper. The drawings are made specifically for the site and they scrolling way you read there.
    It's not an uncommon or unheard of thing for comics to be reformatted for print. Plenty popular webcomics, including ones hosted on Webtoons, have done this when the comic is collected for print (usually through crowdfunding methods).

Holy crap that's fast. Kind of wasn't expecting to hear about it and then ten minutes later to see it.
    Eh, voices were alright. Damian's was the best as far as voices go I guess, had that posh rich kid vibe going.
    You're being kind, they were awful.
    Damian was indeed the only "good" one, Duke was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It's not an uncommon or unheard of thing for comics to be reformatted for print. Plenty popular webcomics, including ones hosted on Webtoons, have done this when the comic is collected for print (usually through crowdfunding methods).
    I'm not familiar with Webtoon, so i thought this would be harder. But it would look weird to me if they only get the drawings and edited them to the comics format cause this drawins have a lot of white backgrounds.
    Last edited by Drako; 09-09-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You're being kind, they were awful.
    Damian was indeed the only "good" one, Duke was horrible.
    I thought Alfred's was serviceable, although hampered by a weird audio "hiccup" when he was introducing Damian.
    Duke's just didn't seem to fit the character, and Bruce's was the worst I thought.

But my expectations for something like this was low, so "eh, alright" still kind of fits. If this were an animated show or DTV film, then yeah absolutely. But some quick little webcomic voice over, I have lower standards than I otherwise would, so considering that it's not so bad imo. Basically I equate this with some non-va fans doing a comic book reading on yourube.

I thought Alfred's was serviceable, although hampered by a weird audio "hiccup" when he was introducing Damian.
    Duke's just didn't seem to fit the character, and Bruce's was the worst I thought.

But my expectations for something like this was low, so "eh, alright" still kind of fits. If this were an animated show or DTV film, then yeah absolutely. But some quick little webcomic voice over, I have lower standards than I otherwise would, so considering that it's not so bad imo. Basically I equate this with some non-va fans doing a comic book reading on yourube.
    I didn't had any expectations either, but it made me cringe a little.

But hey, kudos to the people involved, they are doing official work for DC, so more power to them.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Well...at least there are professional voice actors involved .