Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Excalibur is a medieval drama basically. The protagonists aren’t meant to be saintly good guys. Saturnyne is the Omniversal Guardian, but guarding reality doesn’t mean every thing you do is good and Betsy is one of her knights. As for ancient mutants being evil, well they grew up in a time of warriors and sorcerers, so what does one expect?

Think of the genre. Take Xena. She became a hero, but she had a pretty high body count…

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Excalibur is a medieval drama basically. The protagonists aren’t meant to be saintly good guys. Saturnyne is the Omniversal Guardian, but guarding reality doesn’t mean every thing you do is good and Betsy is one of her knights. As for ancient mutants being evil, well they grew up in a time of warriors and sorcerers, so what does one expect?

Think of the genre. Take Xena. She became a hero, but she had a pretty high body count…
    Yes this version of the team is definitely leaning heavily in the medieval/fantasy direction. Tini's taken the team name premise quite literally.

I'm sorry they may not be saintly, but they are meant to be the good guys in this scenario. The fact that they aren't is a major problem. If Betsy spent less time trying to convince everyone that she is Captain Britain and more time thinking about what the role entails we wouldn't have her and the team helping out mass murders at every opportunity. People may not like the flag heroes(Steve R., Brian B., etc), but they stand for something. Their moral compass may annoy the hell out of people, but they always end up being the one you turn to when things get hard. No one is turning to Betsy and that's a problem.
    Last edited by Knightmare; 09-10-2021 at 07:15 AM.

I actually really enjoyed this issue. This series has been much better lately because they're finally focusing on Otherworld and different team members are getting some moments even if Betsy is still the protagonist.
    The addition of Meggan to the team is really welcomed as well, I hope she continues to appear regularly.
    I'm also excited for where the Wisdom and STRIKE plotline is going.

I hope Tini doesn't let us down again. 20+ issues later and it finally feels like the book is finding its niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I'm sorry they may not be saintly, but they are meant to be the good guys in this scenario. The fact that they aren't is a major problem. If Betsy spent less time trying to convince everyone that she is Captain Britain and more time thinking about what the role entails we would have her and the team helping out mass murders at every opportunity. People may not like the flag heroes(Steve R., Brian B., etc), but they stand for something. Their moral compass may annoy the hell out of people, but they always end up being the one you turn to when things get hard. No one is turning to Betsy and that's a problem.
    One of my biggest complaints about this run. Betsy keeps complaining about people not trusting her, but Britain is totally right about her siding with Krakoa over them. It feels like she's only helped them indirectly, when she's saving the world in general.
    Last edited by Rift; 09-10-2021 at 07:14 AM.

The series started with them invading the Otherworld under false pretenses, reviving an extremely powerful madman and installing him as their puppet ruler. You don't need your heroes to be saints, but come on. Its only been downhill from there. They keep trying to make the people of the Otherworld into the bad guys, and its just not working. I still can't believe there's been no consequences for Rictor tearing apart the actual British landmass and Excalibur claiming the chunk for Krakoa. Between this and X-corp, Tini has accidentally highlighted why people should hate and fear mutants.

Rumors are saying most of the line is getting cancelled and rebooted in January, so there's only a few issues left. Honestly have no idea where this is going to go.

So I finally read this issue and although I didnt hate it. I think something that I am critical of is Betsy's dialogue and I think I know what it is now. TH is writing her in a forced manner where she seems to be trying too hard or to speak in a way that is not really her. Idk if thats intentional because Betsy THINKS she needs to be better now since shes a CB now. I feel like she should have had her confidence back by now but its still not fully there.

The last issue came out so long ago. Did we know that Merlyn helped Morgan La Fey escape. Was there a scene with Akkaba/Merlyn? Or did that happen off panel.

Is there a reason Meggan is keeping fairy wings?

The next two issues have a lot to unpack.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The series started with them invading the Otherworld under false pretenses, reviving an extremely powerful madman and installing him as their puppet ruler. You don't need your heroes to be saints, but come on. Its only been downhill from there. They keep trying to make the people of the Otherworld into the bad guys, and its just not working. I still can't believe there's been no consequences for Rictor tearing apart the actual British landmass and Excalibur claiming the chunk for Krakoa. Between this and X-corp, Tini has accidentally highlighted why people should hate and fear mutants.

Rumors are saying most of the line is getting cancelled and rebooted in January, so there's only a few issues left. Honestly have no idea where this is going to go.
    Morgan Le Fay attacked first and kidnapped Brian when the Braddocks went to investigate and Professor X revived Jamie behind everyone's back. Apocalypse just used the situation to his advantage and the others called him out for it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Morgan Le Fay attacked first and kidnapped Brian when the Braddocks went to investigate and Professor X revived Jamie behind everyone's back. Apocalypse just used the situation to his advantage and the others called him out for it.
    Morgan attacked after Apocalypse sent Krakoa flowers into the Otherworld to start his plans to build a gate for X of Swords. Apocalypse invaded first and nobody found out.

Its not a great copy but here, from the first issue.

Last edited by pkingdom; 09-10-2021 at 06:02 PM.