Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I must've dropped this book 4 times.
    I remember when I dropped it after Swords then everyone said it got good again for the Betsy search which it did but then they dropped the ball again with that boring Malice crap so I left. It's ridiculous at this point; not even an ex treats me this bad.
    yeah atleast with jason aaron avengers, the bad reception has been consistent. i been debating hard to drop it, not once i heard anyone say good things about any of aaron issues. but excalibur wow, on and off again again. xcorp, tini other book i never went back to however.

Incredible Member

im not sure i like the idea of mordred being a mutant. feels like its just saying he wasnt actually mordred the evil, arthur was just a dick because he was a mutant.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I must've dropped this book 4 times.
    I remember when I dropped it after Swords then everyone said it got good again for the Betsy search which it did but then they dropped the ball again with that boring Malice crap so I left. It's ridiculous at this point; not even an ex treats me this bad.
    Why do you and others do yourselves that wickedness? If the book is trash, it's not as if it will improve by leaps and bounds in just one issue.
    While the recent plots have been interesting and To's art (which I've always loved) is on point...Tini's Tics are still very much present if not as prevalent.

I say cut your losses and save yourselves the misery and money.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    im not sure i like the idea of mordred being a mutant. feels like its just saying he wasnt actually mordred the evil, arthur was just a dick because he was a mutant.
    As with others, I'm sure he's quite capable of being both a Mutant and Evil. Let's see where Tini goes with this before jumping to conclusions. Not even Tini with HiX-Man's blessing would be able to re-write Mordred's MU history to the extent that he wasn't an evil SOB, mutant or not.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I enjoy this book more. I hope we see the revamped S.T.R.I.K.E. soon. I wonder if Tini knows of Alexander Flynn and if Doom was hinting of him (mutant child). That would be crazy if she brought him in.

B7507A4E-65E3-48EB-B27A-3F70264E2AE8.jpg

I also thought the entire time they were talking about Modred the Mystic until I looked up Mordred who I believe first appeared in Black Knight (1955). Making him a mutant would be most interesting.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 09-08-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Wow, I forgot the rest of the team consisted of people beyond Betsy and sometimes Rictor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As with others, I'm sure he's quite capable of being both a Mutant and Evil. Let's see where Tini goes with this before jumping to conclusions. Not even Tini with HiX-Man's blessing would be able to re-write Mordred's MU history to the extent that he wasn't an evil SOB, mutant or not.
    hopefully but after the last 2 issues of x corp made monet and selene threatening people with violence and mental abuse as an okay thing to do im just slightly concerned here with this reveal

Same writer but two entirely different premises. Which is not an excuse to downplay your concern as Tini has been known to "botch" charactersations here in Excalibur, as well. We'll see.

Astonishing Member

Didn’t Black Knight’s mini already do that, with all prior encounters with Arthurian stuff in Marvel being revealed to have been done via Merlin whitewashing things to appeal to Christians (which is, even by the standards of pop culture Camelot stuff, iffy); complete with the implication that Arthur raped Morgan?

Even if that mini was universally read and recognised, which I'm not sure it is...We can't know just how much of a deep dive Tini has done into Mordred's written history until she brings him in.

Astonishing Member

Even if that mini was universally read and recognised, which I'm not sure it is...We can't know just how much of a deep dive Tini has done into Mordred's written history until she brings him in.
    Its Spurrier’s mini so it’s probably come up in whatever passes for writer conferences

That said, even for someone as purposely uninterested in british mythology as myself, the story in the mini is rather iffy (eg, Thor is somehow leading Norse raiders on Camelot, instead of that other Thor-worshipping crowd)

Sounds all very What iffy or Elseworlds-ish going by your blurb, there, which is all well and good but hardly substantive lore (especially in a mini) to be followed. Still, worse rot has been made canon and perpetuated so...it could be anybody's guess which Mordred we will get.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I enjoy this book more. I hope we see the revamped S.T.R.I.K.E. soon. I wonder if Tini knows of Alexander Flynn and if Doom was hinting of him (mutant child). That would be crazy if she brought him in.

I also thought the entire time they were talking about Modred the Mystic until I looked up Mordred who I believe first appeared in Black Knight (1955). Making him a mutant would be most interesting.
    I found it rather interesting that Betsy seemed apprehensive to visit S.T.R.I.K.E. Seeing Tom again is going to be a moment.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

wow no mention of Redroot at all I thought for sure that they would bring her up in this visit but I guess not

Astonishing Member

X-Men books writing Doom better than in F4.
    In f4 he's cucked by Johnny..... thats really not a high bar