Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Kindreds Fate... *73 Spoilers*

So... since it seems we got either Harrys soul possessing Sarah Stacy, or AI Harry controlling her, I dunno, I was still a bit confused by the whole comic... it makes me wonder: what should be the ultimate fate of a man named Harry Osborn?

If it's Harrys soul, returned from Hell, behind all this, should he...

A) Get his demonic ass sent back down to Hell by the end of this story?

B) Have Norman, in one last good guy measure, sacrifice his soul to bring Harry back to life, or allow Harrys soul to be free of Mephisto and move on peacefully?

C) Have OMD reckoned with, and Harrys soul is free of Mephisto or is brought back to life... or his soul is sent back to Hell, take your pick?

D) Decides he likes being a woman, and in the middle of a fight with Spidey, suddenly starts dancing and singing "I'm a pretty girl!" over and over?

If it's Harry's AI, should...

A) Get destroyed for good?

B) Have Norman/Peter download numerous viruses in it and basically fry the stupid thing?

I know I'm missing a lot, but heck, have at thee! Tell us your ultimate fate for ol' Kindred!

Norman as now is useless bring Harry back to his original self but that will undo his great death I’m torn

Have Norman give his soul for his son but don’t kill Norman to good of a character

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    So... since it seems we got either Harrys soul possessing Sarah Stacy, or AI Harry controlling her, I dunno, I was still a bit confused by the whole comic... it makes me wonder: what should be the ultimate fate of a man named Harry Osborn?

B) Have Norman, in one last good guy measure, sacrifice his soul to bring Harry back to life, or allow Harrys soul to be free of Mephisto and move on peacefully?

C) Have OMD reckoned with, and Harrys soul is free of Mephisto or is brought back to life... or his soul is sent back to Hell, take your pick?

D) Decides he likes being a woman, and in the middle of a fight with Spidey, suddenly starts dancing and singing "I'm a pretty girl!" over and over?

B) Have Norman/Peter download numerous viruses in it and basically fry the stupid thing?

I know I'm missing a lot, but heck, have at thee! Tell us your ultimate fate for ol' Kindred!
    I vote for D)
    And her epilogue should be her walking down the street like Peter in Spider-Man 3.

Have Norman sacrifice his soul for his sons and go to hell. And then have a Norman Osborn miniseries where the Green Goblin becomes the lord of hell and enslaves Mephisto and comes back to earth to cause trouble for Spiderman and friends just because he is now the devil. THAT would be cool and on character and a fresh coat of paint for Norman. More than anything it would be believable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post

I believe Harry's AI is the most logical choice, although Harry's sould could have ecaped from Hell thanks to his clone. So the leaks about Mephisto dragging Norman to Hell for cheating their deal could be true, because cloning Harry allowed his soul to escape from Hell.

And just like with Ultron and other AI, I don't think they can destroy Harry AI so easily and get rid of him. We are in a digital era, so who knows how many back-ups of this AI could be out there.

I am SO lost about the AI. How much part did it play exactly in the creation of the twins? Either way, let's nuke the damn thing. The one human soul apparently shared between all Harrys (Harries?) now ought to go to post-BND Harry, assuming he doesn't already have one since apparently clones keep their souls in Spencer's universe? Who knows.

Extraordinary Member

We will find more details in 74.Specially between AI Harry and Harry's soul.
    I don't think BND Harry is gonna be important, I do wonder if he has a soul.Hope not, clones having souls makes no sense from Harry to even Ben and Kaine.How do clones have souls, that just doesn't work.They can inhabit souls, but having there basically ruins them being clones.Why does death matter then
    The leaks are false but I like the idea of Carlie dying even though it won't happen w/ the overdrive tease.
    BND Harry and Carlie are the 2 who I don't care about personally.
    I am excited to See the main plot w/Peter,MJ,Mephisto,Kindred,etc. and stuff w/May and Jonah,Mysterio.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I believe Harry's AI is the most logical choice, although Harry's sould could have ecaped from Hell thanks to his clone. So the leaks about Mephisto dragging Norman to Hell for cheating their deal could be true, because cloning Harry allowed his soul to escape from Hell.

And just like with Ultron and other AI, I don't think they can destroy Harry AI so easily and get rid of him. We are in a digital era, so who knows how many back-ups of this AI could be out there.
    This. It really hinges on which angle Spencer is going: is it science with the AI controlling the twins (a possibility since he could be using the centipedes/Centi Eels) or is it full on supernatural with Harry's soul somehow free from hell.

If it is the former, there is no guarantee that blowing up the base with the computer inside will rid the world of it forever (there could be a crap ton of backups anywhere across the Marvel universe for it to flee to). If it is the latter, either Norman will sacrifice himself for Harry's soul or the soul will be dragged back to hell (which is a possibility if he is part of Mephisto's plans/wager with Strange).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This. It really hinges on which angle Spencer is going: is it science with the AI controlling the twins (a possibility since he could be using the centipedes/Centi Eels) or is it full on supernatural with Harry's soul somehow free from hell.

If it is the former, there is no guarantee that blowing up the base with the computer inside will rid the world of it forever (there could be a crap ton of backups anywhere across the Marvel universe for it to flee to). If it is the latter, either Norman will sacrifice himself for Harry's soul or the soul will be dragged back to hell (which is a possibility if he is part of Mephisto's plans/wager with Strange).
    Tbf that's true w/ living people as well.They die but come back years latter and it was a fake or something.

So, Norman sacrificed harry when he was a kid.And both Pre-OMD and BND Harry's are clones, right?Or did I miss something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Tbf that's true w/ living people as well.They die but come back years latter and it was a fake or something.

So, Norman sacrificed harry when he was a kid.And both Pre-OMD and BND Harry's are clones, right?Or did I miss something.
    Exactly. So it is a moot point with whether the AI gets blown to kingdom come. If it is, a writer will likely have the opportunity to just say "surprise! I just transferred myself via the internet to my super secret back up base!"

Pre-OMD can't be a clone. He is dead. That's his corpse in the morgue. But BND? Definitely a clone. Has to be. Unless the whole thing is a ruse and the entire scenario is just the result of the AI and it's complicated revenge scheme. At this point, Harry is a unreliable narrator.

Personally, I like to think the supernatural element is real. Norman did sacrifice Harry's soul. So, even though he died a hero, his soul went downstairs. Besides the reveal, I think Norman is there as the ace in the hole. He either has to pay the ultimate price for what he did or he gets ultimate salvation by saving his son. Either one has to happen at has to happen at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Exactly. So it is a moot point with whether the AI gets blown to kingdom come. If it is, a writer will likely have the opportunity to just say "surprise! I just transferred myself via the internet to my super secret back up base!"

Pre-OMD can't be a clone. He is dead. That's his corpse in the morgue. But BND? Definitely a clone. Has to be. Unless the whole thing is a ruse and the entire scenario is just the result of the AI and it's complicated revenge scheme. At this point, Harry is a unreliable narrator.

Personally, I like to think the supernatural element is real. Norman did sacrifice Harry's soul. So, even though he died a hero, his soul went downstairs. Besides the reveal, I think Norman is there as the ace in the hole. He either has to pay the ultimate price for what he did or he gets ultimate salvation by saving his son. Either one has to happen at has to happen at this point.
    Yeah, it's up to the writers to have sense to not do that.My point was writers can and do this w/ character as well.Doesn't matter if it's AI or an actual person, they'll either have planted fakes or just come back from the dead, or have an AI back in a clone body.

Norman sacrificed Harry as a kid and cloned him another harry since his childhood?or did he make the deal when Harry was a kid and Harry's death pre-OMD led his soul to go to Mephisto.I think it's the latter.

Oh okay, read the rest of your post and it's definitely the latter.Yeah, I do think he did.Doesn't matter if he was going to up or dowm in the first place, Norman's deal made sure he'd go downstairs anyway he led his life.

I think both, he pays the price for what he did and saves his Son from Mephisto in the process.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I hope this isn't just a way to get Norman off the board so we get BND Harry as the Green Goblin. I would hope if there's a sacrifice on Norman's part it would save both Harry's. OG Harry earned his redemption and BND Harry has lived a good life for the most part.

I thought Kindred might have potential as a new Spidey antagonist and he turned out to be a convoluted, pretentious, mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I hope this isn't just a way to get Norman off the board so we get BND Harry as the Green Goblin. I would hope if there's a sacrifice on Norman's part it would save both Harry's. OG Harry earned his redemption and BND Harry has lived a good life for the most part.
    They may very well get Norman off the board ( making him good so he can sacrifice himself for Harry might be part of it). But one day he will be back. How do I know? It looked like curtains after ASM 122 but he still came back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    They may very well get Norman off the board ( making him good so he can sacrifice himself for Harry might be part of it). But one day he will be back. How do I know? It looked like curtains after ASM 122 but he still came back.
    That's true for any half-popular character in comics.They make fun of deaths on covers before the story has even come out.