Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Kindred might have potential as a new Spidey antagonist and he turned out to be a convoluted, pretentious, mess.
    He has a cool design but he's clearly a one-time villain for this, or hopefully he is.And I want to wait for the full explanation in 74, not even 2 weeks left and story itself shows promise and we don't know everything about Kindred.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He has a cool design but he's clearly a one-time villain for this, or hopefully he is.And I want to wait for the full explanation in 74, not even 2 weeks left and story itself shows promise and we don't know everything about Kindred.
    A design can only take you so far. I think he's already too convoluted and repetitive to leave much of a lasting impact beyond being the next Judas Traveller.

Astonishing Member

That's true for any half-popular character in comics.They make fun of deaths on covers before the story has even come out.
    Not just comics. Look at Dracula, Freddy and Jason ( despite the lawsuit involving Friday The 13th creator Sean S. Cunningham). One day these characters will return. The only questions are how and when? I actually think Norman going away for several years is a good thing. Why? 1: Overexposure is not good ( and we have seen a lot of Norman during Spencer’s run). 2: When he does return it will be hopefully in an unexpected and different way. 3: Leaving the next Amazing arc and Ben Reilly aside, Peter has a long line of Rogues Gallery enemies to deal with when he comes back. It would be nice to see a return of Kingsley, Smythe, and other villains that are not “D-Listers” ( like Paper Doll) or clones ( like Kraven) for Peter to deal with. Maybe for Amazing 1000 we see a wedding and ( or) baby bump and Norman back from Hell trying to stop things?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Not just comics. Look at Dracula, Freddy and Jason ( despite the lawsuit involving Friday The 13th creator Sean S. Cunningham). One day these characters will return. The only questions are how and when? I actually think Norman going away for several years is a good thing. Why? 1: Overexposure is not good ( and we have seen a lot of Norman during Spencer’s run). 2: When he does return it will be hopefully in an unexpected and different way. 3: Leaving the next Amazing arc and Ben Reilly aside, Peter has a long line of Rogues Gallery enemies to deal with when he comes back. It would be nice to see a return of Kingsley, Smythe, and other villains that are not “D-Listers” ( like Paper Doll) or clones ( like Kraven) for Peter to deal with. Maybe for Amazing 1000 we see a wedding and ( or) baby bump and Norman back from Hell trying to stop things?
    would you say Otto was gone for long? Cause he been overused in Slott run and he is already back. Peter does have other villains one of them need to be the new number 3 since Venom is good now.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I can’t see Norman going anywhere, personally.
    Something will come to fruition with all 3 Harry’s, IMO. Maybe finally wiping every version off the board.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A design can only take you so far. I think he's already too convoluted and repetitive to leave much of a lasting impact beyond being the next Judas Traveller.
    Damn, that's harsh. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    would you say Otto was gone for long? Cause he been overused in Slott run and he is already back. Peter does have other villains one of them need to be the new number 3 since Venom is good now.
    Keep in mind, Otto was gone for a couple of years. As for villain number three. Cletus certainly would qualify.

Extraordinary Member

Keep in mind, Otto was gone for a couple of years. As for villain number three. Cletus certainly would qualify.
    He was back in parker Industries as the Living brain.I don't know how long but Idk it was 2 years?
    He should have never come back after Superior Period imo

Astonishing Member

He was back in parker Industries as the Living brain.I don't know how long but Idk it was 2 years?
    He should have never come back after Superior Period imo
    If Marvel found a way to bring Norman, Harry, Kraven and even Peter back, you knew Otto would return.

Extraordinary Member

If Marvel found a way to bring Norman, Harry, Kraven and even Peter back, you knew Otto would return.
    "Even Peter":- Peter being back makes the most sense.
    Again they waited for Norman and harry, did they not.Otto was brought back very quick and by the same writer too.

Again they waited for Norman and harry, did they not.Otto was brought back very quick and by the same writer too.
    Sure, because that's the story the writer was telling. Slott didn't write Otto out as an end to his story (as was intended with ASM 122 and SSM 200), he did it as part of his longer arc for Otto. Same with Peter. It's a very different thing.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Sure, because that's the story the writer was telling. Slott didn't write Otto out as an end to his story (as was intended with ASM 122 and SSM 200), he did it as part of his longer arc for Otto. Same with Peter. It's a very different thing.
    Again I'm saying he had a great exit in Superior.Slott brought him back as a villain, then they gave him a hero redemption again(but it was written by a better writer) and they had to end that off w/ him being a villain again.Now they are pushing him being heroic/ semi-heroic again...

Slott had an Idea, I'm not saying he didn't.It just wasn't a good one.There are reasons why even Slott fanatics admit Parker Industries run was terrible.

It's worse w/ Slott.In other cases, other writers change their deaths which should ideally not be for the most part. Slott went ahead and ruined his own work before anyone else could.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-13-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Again I'm saying he had a great exit in Superior.
    Which was never intended to be the end.

Slott brought him back as a villain, then they gave him a hero redemption again
    He solidified the face turn by doing so via another means.

First time, Otto was somewhat forced to turn 'good' due to the influx of Peter's memories, feelings, etc. Having Peter's memories (12 irrc?) polluted Otto to a degree.

The second time he got there on his own, which was Slott proving that Otto had it in him all along and doubling down on the Peter and Otto are two sides of the same coin thing.

and they had to end that off w/ him being a villain again.
    Editorial decision, nothing to do with Slott (or Gage) and still isn't in any way the same as Norman or Harry's deaths.

Now they are pushing him being heroic/ semi-heroic again...
    Spencer's use of Otto was just more teasing for BND. Otto made a deal with Mephisto. Readers know that. It's not complicated.

I actually think Spencer was taking the time to show respect for Gage's final SSM issue (where Otto heads off to become a villain again but clearly shows remorse) and to leave future writers the option to have Otto a more complex character in future.

Man. I remember reading Superior, and while the ending certainly was questionable (yeah, right. Otto could have easily grab that child before the train, it was just a plot point to bring Peter back) it really was a good send of for Otto.

Too bad we then got that nonsense with Superior Octopus.
    Slott should just get a Doctor Octopus comic book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Man. I remember reading Superior, and while the ending certainly was questionable (yeah, right. Otto could have easily grab that child before the train, it was just a plot point to bring Peter back) it really was a good send of for Otto.

Too bad we then got that nonsense with Superior Octopus.
    Slott should just get a Doctor Octopus comic book.
    Aside from a few other arcs like ‘No One Dies’ and ‘Spider Island’, the ‘Superior Spider-Man’ run was the only thing Slott did that I really enjoyed. It was a very creative and daring status quo change. The first half was definitely stronger than the second half though.

There’s a rumor that if Slott had his way it would’ve gone on for another year or more, but ASM 2 was about to hit theaters and Marvel wanted the real Peter back in the suit before it came out.