Astonishing Member

Default Anyone still reading Savage Avengers. Today issue?

All I can say that things got dark real quick, oh man Duggan don't hold back. What you think. I can't wait for the next issue because im very curious how things will get back to normal but yeah its a downer issue.

I haven't had a chance to pick up my comics, yet. But I will say this book has been amazing. Its one of the few I really look forward to reading each month. Kulan Gath should really be one of Marvel's biggest bad guys.

Once I realized this was essentially a Conan book set in the 21st Century, I was all over it.

Two of my favorite books of all time were WHAT IFs 13 and 43, so this is like a dream come true.

I haven't read the latest issue yet, but this book is a low-key banger. I hardly see people talking about it, but it's provided consistent quality with every issue. The only thing I find weird is that no Marvel heroines or villains have hooked up with Conan. I mean...it's not an opportunity I would pass up.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I've never read anything Conan but became interested after jumping during the Spider-Man issue. Is Kulan Gath really that powerful? Loved him taking a bite out of Cap's shield..

I didn't even know this book was still going
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I haven't read the latest issue yet, but this book is a low-key banger. I hardly see people talking about it, but it's provided consistent quality with every issue. The only thing I find weird is that no Marvel heroines or villains have hooked up with Conan. I mean...it's not an opportunity I would pass up.
    None have been confirmed yet, but we have seen a few female villains hanging off him at the Bar With No Name--so its entirely possible he's had a few off-panel hook-ups that haven't been identified yet.

Read it last night. Wow. Its gone the dark route of Uncanny X-Men 190-191. Can't wait to see how Conan and his new ally fix this.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm going to read my copy tonight. Didn't get to it yesterday. Ironically I've not seen chatter about Defenders #2 either but I digress.

I've found the series to be entertaining. Loved some issues, liked others, not really been let down with all the 616 interactions Conan is having.
    Still, that said, if issue 26 reads and performs like a wrap on Kulan Gath long form story I may retire it and read the rest in trades.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

yeah when Kulan took over the first time in Uncanny 180 181. the violence was more implied with some blood in 1984 but here, this book was made in 2021. athough they didnt go full gore(seeing Kulan make holes out of She-hulk), seeing your beloved heroes skulls on pikes, genocide being done by Garth followers, yeah it was still brutal. it was brutal and depressing.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 09-09-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Mighty Member

I have stopped after the disappearance of Strange/Doom, I loved these issues ! It's a good comics, but I don't know why, I can't stick with it.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I have stopped after the disappearance of Strange/Doom, I loved these issues ! It's a good comics, but I don't know why, I can't stick with it.
    Both of them will be back in December's issue. So I assume that the death of Dr. Strange is only temporary...what a surprise

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Both of them will be back in December's issue. So I assume that the death of Dr. Strange is only temporary...what a surprise
    While I agree that Strange's death is likely to only be temporary, I wouldn't use his role in this book as proof of anything. This is an ongoing arc that has already started before the DEATH OF DR. STRANGE mini -- so this almost certainly takes place before Strange's death.