Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Marvel licensed Spider-man to Sony for the PS4 game and beyond (they likely had a multiple game option), so I imagine a part of that was exclusive videogame rights to the character. Even if not, with the contacts and contracts already in place it just makes business sense for Sony to pay to make Spider-man PS (and Sony) exclusive. Just having that mental association of Spider-man = Sony pays for itself.

I mainly use an Xbox, and this spider-man bullshit is one of the main reasons I didn't buy the game at launch. Honestly, I'm pretty thankful Sony saved me £50 on this garbage.
    Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Venom are in Ultimate Alliance 3 which is stuck on Nintendo platforms and then there's MvC:I and the mobile games.

Sony just did it to flex cuz the PS4 game sold well.
    "Cable was right!"

Spider-Man joins the game November 30th for a "With Great Power" event.

"You’ll experience Spider-Man’s story through unlockable challenges woven throughout the Avengers Initiative," reads the official description teasing big plans for Spidey in this world. "Here’s a quick taste of his journey in Marvel’s Avengers! Peter Parker uncovers AIM’s new plan to acquire technology that could make their Synthoid army unstoppable and total domination inevitable. He must partner with the Avengers to stop this looming threat, and forms a tentative friendship with Ms. Marvel and Black Widow while keeping his identity hidden."

"As a Hero accustomed to working solo, he struggles with the new dynamics of working with a team. Will he join up full time with the Avengers, or stay independent in his fight against AIM?"

Extraordinary Member

lowkey seems like they might do a great job at this, also characters themselves have been strong so I'm all for this.

I'm guessing Peter and Natasha form a friendship because spiders.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Spider-Man, Spider-Man and Venom are in Ultimate Alliance 3 which is stuck on Nintendo platforms and then there's MvC:I and the mobile games.

Sony just did it to flex cuz the PS4 game sold well.
    Yeah there's never been exclusive rights to character for video games because the Sony Pictures isn't the same as Sony Games

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm expecting it'll be a retool of an existing character.
    Yeah the fact that the marketing around this content has been so coy when the release is around the corner is leading me to believe that everything about this "campaign" is just going to be reskinned and repurposed content from the base game.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I've heard of Spidey joining the game like forever ago, ************ is still not in it?

The game already looks like a boring disaster, so they decide to wait that long to add Spidey? Damn, for such a blatant cash grab, they're being surprisingly slow to get that Spider-Money.

Astonishing Member

Looks like they wanted to time it with the release of NWH.

Weird that there's no trailer for this either with it so close to release.

Haven't played the Avengers game yet but I'll probably watch walkthrough videos of the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I'm guessing Peter and Natasha form a friendship because spiders.
    Reminds me of how Wasps hate Spider-Man because they're natural enemies .

Extraordinary Member

Reminds me of how Wasps hate Spider-Man because they're natural enemies .
    Nah that was Nadia's BS and Spidey called her out on it, she was cool w/ Miles as well.

Great job marvel, the younger gen of heroes you're desperately trying to sell us all hate your biggest character for no reason, this will get to me to spend money on them.....

Did I mention how I love Miles, who's taken the name of this guy and looks up to him is silent while they chat sh*t about him.Great going Miles

And Nadia is a real B word, like Emma levels but w/out any of the character or charisma the latter has

They both hate Peter not just new gen. I mean it's not that hard to do considering who Peter is. As for Miles idk maybe he mad that Peter doesn't do anything with him. For having two Spiderman there is a huge lack of team ups.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Miles is generally not as snarky as Peter, maybe that's why.

Although, if Peter is being snarky with you, you probably deserved it.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-05-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nah that was Nadia's BS and Spidey called her out on it, she was cool w/ Miles as well.
    Nadia saying that is a callback to Janet herself doing that:

(Tales to Astonish#57)

(ASM Annual#3)

But it was also a mutual feeling, and it was a silly joke about "their natural instincts" lol.

Also, the **** does having a Puerto Rico mother have to do with Miles not sucking...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    They both hate Peter not just new gen. I mean it's not that hard to do considering who Peter is.
    Peter is hardly even that annoying to begin with, while he makes jokes, he generally won't mock you if he's not fighting you, so this "character x hates him for making too many jokes" is just odd.

As for Miles idk maybe he mad that Peter doesn't do anything with him. For having two Spiderman there is a huge lack of team ups.
    I don't think Miles would get that annoyed for being lonely lol.

This is why Mark Waid not writing Spider-Man anymore is a good thing .

This is why Mark Waid not writing Spider-Man anymore is a good thing .
    Yeah, i read his Avengers and well, lets just that if you are a Spidey fan you don't lose much. I do feel bad for Kang fans lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona