Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

But it was also a mutual feeling, and it was a silly joke about "their natural instincts" lol.

Also, the **** does having a Puerto Rico mother have to do with Miles not sucking...

Peter is hardly even that annoying to begin with, while he makes jokes, he generally won't mock you if he's not fighting you, so this "character x hates him for making too many jokes" is just odd.

I don't think Miles would get that annoyed for being lonely lol.
    Yeah, but Peter plays it off as sarcasm at best while Nadia just a B about it.Not to mention how the writer dives the point in that Peter is the only person who ever annoyed her ever(via Jane Thor).

No idea, I hate that kind of writing.Then they wonder why these books don't sell.....

This, guy makes 2 jokes and people loose their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is why Mark Waid not writing Spider-Man anymore is a good thing .
    Good, I was so excited for a Spider-man + Avengers run as well.

Peter is hardly even that annoying to begin with, while he makes jokes, he generally won't mock you if he's not fighting you, so this "character x hates him for making too many jokes" is just odd.
    To be fair maybe her first encounter with Spidey was the one written by Bendis, i can see that one being too annoying lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

This is why Mark Waid not writing Spider-Man anymore is a good thing .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i read his Avengers and well, lets just that if you are a Spidey fan you don't lose much. I do feel bad for Kang fans lol.
    Wait, Waid writing Spidey is a bad thing? Considering what he did with Flash, I always imagined he'd do a good job with Spidey lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, but Peter plays it off as sarcasm at best while Nadia just a B about it.Not to mention how the writer dives the point in that Peter is the only person who ever annoyed her ever(via Jane Thor).
    Jane Thor talking about someone else being annoying is some nice irony.

No idea, I hate that kind of writing.Then they wonder why these books don't sell.....
    That and how blatantly half assed they tend to be lol.

To be fair maybe her first encounter with Spidey was the one written by Bendis, i can see that one being too annoying lol.
    Ah, understantable then, I'd also hate Spider-Man forever if the first time I talked with him he was Spider-Bendis .

Wait, Waid writing Spidey is a bad thing? Considering what he did with Flash, I always imagined he'd do a good job with Spidey lol.
    Sadly, his Spidey is ok at best, really annoying at worst. He wrote Spider-Man in BND and it was so and so IMO. He also wrote that horrible Spider-Man House of M mini lol. He also made that comment about Peter's life not being that hard for having MJ as his wife. He also wrote Family Bussines, but i haven't read that one, so you'll know better than me there.

I just read Secret War by Bendis and man i really wished for Peter to shut up lol. Maybe Nadia meet him during his mission in Lavteria and Peter doesn't remember it lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sadly, his Spidey is ok at best, really annoying at worst. He wrote Spider-Man in BND and it was so and so IMO. He also wrote that horrible Spider-Man House of M mini lol. He also made that comment about Peter's life not being that hard for having MJ as his wife. He also wrote Family Bussines, but i haven't read that one, so you'll know better than me there.

I just read Secret War by Bendis and man i really wished for Peter to shut up lol. Maybe Nadia meet him during his mission in Lavteria and Peter doesn't remember it lol.
    Technically, he cowrote Family Business with James Robinson, so I'm not entirely sure how much of it was him and how much was Robinson. Not the first time someone's tackled the idea of Peter having an unknown sister as another secret his parents kept from him before they died, as per the Sinister Six novels by Adam Troy-Castro, which introduced a woman with near-identical powers plus Darkforce access as his potential sister and a pawn of the ultimate villain of the story, a man named Gustav Fiers/The Gentleman (whom some might know better as Norman Osborn's mysterious agent from the Amazing Spider-Man films). As for Bendis writing the Peter Parker Spider-Man, he generally did a better job with his voice in Ultimate than in 616, though it also helped that in Ultimate, Peter as Spider-Man was virtually the only hero who wasn't at the very least a jack@$$ and at worst an utter POS.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sadly, his Spidey is ok at best, really annoying at worst. He wrote Spider-Man in BND and it was so and so IMO. He also wrote that horrible Spider-Man House of M mini lol. He also made that comment about Peter's life not being that hard for having MJ as his wife.
    The guy who wrote a lot of Wally's relationship with Linda talked **** about MJ? Seriously now? That's baffling.

He also wrote Family Bussines, but i haven't read that one, so you'll know better than me there.
    Peter is a bit too serious at times, and the idea of the story is really silver age ("Spidey teams up with this woman who may be his sister have to stop Kingpin from getting secret nazi gold!"), but it's fun enough.

I think the characters involved were mind wiped, poor Spidey, having someone who hates him that much and not even knowing it was all Bendis' fault .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, he cowrote Family Business with James Robinson, so I'm not entirely sure how much of it was him and how much was Robinson. Not the first time someone's tackled the idea of Peter having an unknown sister as another secret his parents kept from him before they died, as per the Sinister Six novels by Adam Troy-Castro, which introduced a woman with near-identical powers plus Darkforce access as his potential sister and a pawn of the ultimate villain of the story, a man named Gustav Fiers/The Gentleman (whom some might know better as Norman Osborn's mysterious agent from the Amazing Spider-Man films).
    Hm, I think that novel ended up saying at the end that Pity isn't his sister.

Wonder if the novel explained why she has those powers.

As for Bendis writing the Peter Parker Spider-Man, he generally did a better job with his voice in Ultimate than in 616, though it also helped that in Ultimate, Peter as Spider-Man was virtually the only hero who wasn't at the very least a jack@$$ and at worst an utter POS.
    It also helps that Ultimate Spidey is Bendis' interpretation of the character, so him sounding weird compared to the usual Spider-Man is less bad because that was Bendis' own version, and that doesn't work when he writes 616 Spidey, who is not supposed to sound like he's 15 again, specially considering he didn't sound like that when he was 15.

The guy who wrote a lot of Wally's relationship with Linda talked **** about MJ? Seriously now? That's baffling.

Peter is a bit too serious at times, and the idea of the story is really silver age ("Spidey teams up with this woman who may be his sister have to stop Kingpin from getting secret nazi gold!"), but it's fun enough.

I think the characters involved were mind wiped, poor Spidey, having someone who hates him that much and not even knowing it was all Bendis' fault .

Hm, I think that novel ended up saying at the end that Pity isn't his sister.

Wonder if the novel explained why she has those powers.

It also helps that Ultimate Spidey is Bendis' interpretation of the character, so him sounding weird compared to the usual Spider-Man is less bad because that was Bendis' own version, and that doesn't work when he writes 616 Spidey, who is not supposed to sound like he's 15 again, specially considering he didn't sound like that when he was 15.
    Yeah, it also didn't help that Marvel editorial glommed onto a rather wrongheaded interpretation of why Ultimate Marvel was successful in the first place, connecting said success to how dark, cynical, and borderline nihilistic the setting as a whole was and trying to ape that in 616. In Spider-Man's case, they connected his Ultimate self's success to his youth and so tried their damnedest to make 616 Spider-Man at least seem younger, or more like their idea of what a modern-day young person would be, which might not say much (good) for their views on contemporary young people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Looks like they wanted to time it with the release of NWH.

Weird that there's no trailer for this either with it so close to release.

Haven't played the Avengers game yet but I'll probably watch walkthrough videos of the DLC.
    Still weird they would wait that much to give Spidey...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, it also didn't help that Marvel editorial glommed onto a rather wrongheaded interpretation of why Ultimate Marvel was successful in the first place, connecting said success to how dark, cynical, and borderline nihilistic the setting as a whole was and trying to ape that in 616. In Spider-Man's case, they connected his Ultimate self's success to his youth and so tried their damnedest to make 616 Spider-Man at least seem younger, or more like their idea of what a modern-day young person would be, which might not say much (good) for their views on contemporary young people.
    It's actually ironic they thought the edgy bullshit is what made Ultimate so popular, when the most successful comics from it were Ultimate Spidey and Ultimates, and Spidey's was not that cynical, it did have cynism and slightly more realism than 616 Spidey (Let's face it, it wasn't that much more realistic), but still stayed on the optmistic side, at least compared to the rest of Ultimate.

I guess maybe Ultimates is what made them think that edgy nonsense is what sells.

As for Ultimate making Marvel think that Spidey has to be young to be popular, man, it's like Kingdom Come's influence on Diana, where the company missed the point (In Diana's case, post KC she became more violent on the main comics, missing the point that her being more violent in KC was her becoming misguided), Ultimate Spidey was popular because it was a blank slate, it was different from the usual, it didn't have the years of convoluted continuity, and had the perks of adding the popular stuff from Spidey like Venom early, while avoiding bullshit nobody cares about like Spidercide or FACADE.

And don't get me wrong, him being young was part of the reason he was popular, and I guess him being 15 for like a decade helped, but it was definitely not as necessary as Marvel thought, Spidey getting that much older doesn't make him less popular, **** stories do.

Still weird they would wait that much to give Spidey...

It's actually ironic they thought the edgy bullshit is what made Ultimate so popular, when the most successful comics from it were Ultimate Spidey and Ultimates, and Spidey's was not that cynical, it did have cynism and slightly more realism than 616 Spidey (Let's face it, it wasn't that much more realistic), but still stayed on the optmistic side, at least compared to the rest of Ultimate.

I guess maybe Ultimates is what made them think that edgy nonsense is what sells.

As for Ultimate making Marvel think that Spidey has to be young to be popular, man, it's like Kingdom Come's influence on Diana, where the company missed the point (In Diana's case, post KC she became more violent on the main comics, missing the point that her being more violent in KC was her becoming misguided), Ultimate Spidey was popular because it was a blank slate, it was different from the usual, it didn't have the years of convoluted continuity, and had the perks of adding the popular stuff from Spidey like Venom early, while avoiding bullshit nobody cares about like Spidercide or FACADE.

And don't get me wrong, him being young was part of the reason he was popular, and I guess him being 15 for like a decade helped, but it was definitely not as necessary as Marvel thought, Spidey getting that much older doesn't make him less popular, **** stories do.
    Pretty much this.

Nah that was Nadia's BS and Spidey called her out on it, she was cool w/ Miles as well. And Nadia is a real B word, like Emma levels but w/out any of the character or charisma the latter has
    Nadia has "Killed In A Company Wide Crossover Event" written all over her. Just give it time.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Nadia has "Killed In A Company Wide Crossover Event" written all over her. Just give it time.
    Imma buy that book just for that if it ever happens

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Dude, that's pretty dark. She's a very sweet, loving, and positive character.

Extraordinary Member

Dude, that's pretty dark. She's a very sweet, loving, and positive character.
    She seems to be an entitled whiny and rude from what I've read of her, then again haven't read much of her.Any issues I should check out?
    Your description seems perfect for Kamala btw

She seems to be an entitled whiny and rude from what I've read of her, then again haven't read much of her.Any issues I should check out?
    Your description seems perfect for Kamala btw
    You should check out her initial introduction and her solo series. She is pretty far from being "entitled" in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

You should check out her initial introduction and her solo series. She is pretty far from being "entitled" in my opinion.
    Will do , although the panels from her solo I've seen scream bad writing.I'll try it out either way

Also I said entitled because she's being a B to to guy who was funding their entire team and to one of the longest standing heroes in the 616 at the same time w/ no reason.