Back in the Golden Age, Wonder Woman's powers were primarily as result of her Amazon training. She more or less could mentally will herself to be as strong as she needed in a given situation. Nowadays, as we know, her powers are mainly due to godly gifts or she's simply a demi-god herself.

Now, I've always thought they should reincorporate the Amazon training element, but combine it with the godly gifts. Meaning, yes, Diana has gifts from the gods that give her great strength and speed and whatnot, but it's only because of her training that she's able to harness these gifts to their full potential.
Diana without training might have some power, and a fully trained Amazon has superhuman strength and speed, but it's only together that Wonder Woman is the powerhouse that she is.

So this got me thinking: wouldn't mind control or possession therefore handicap Diana? If her mind and body aren't as one, she is only fighting at a fraction of her potential.

Benefits:
- It partially explains why, whenever we get one of the tedious "heroes get possessed or mind controlled to fight each other" stories, Diana isn't steamrolling anyone she's up against.
- It invalidates Batman's obsessive "fail-safe" plan for her, because a mind controlled Wonder Woman, due to being controlled at all, isn't fighting at full power/skill and therefore easier to subdue. In other words, she is her own fail-safe.

I also just like the idea that Diana's great power is her mastery of her mind and body.

Just thinking out loud. Thoughts?