Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Could anyone translate the Russian note from the last page for me please? Google Translate won't recognise the handwriting when I try to image it.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Right?! And the problem with that assertion is that Beast says we need a bastard in this, which implies a necessity.

Problem is that Beast has had to have his butt pulled out of terrible situations he has caused throughout the entirety of this series. Not one single win Beast has had made any sort of positive impact on that of Krakoa.

You want proper bastards, look at Magneto, Emma Frost, or more accurately, Charles Xavier. All have made morally dubious decisions that have terrible moral implications. Hell, some even blew up in their faces further down the line as a sort of karmic retribution. Yet, we still saw the reasoning and the resulting success from those decisions that validated their behavior.

Xavier mind-wipes Cyclops, Scott went on to lead the Second Gen X-Men and save the O4 without the guilt of the secret teams downfall. The ramifications in which kept up the X-Men in good and created Vulcan in bad.

That is how you do a proper complex decision. What Beast does is just being a jack***.

Very good point. And good post. I always thought Hank was the moral compass. I was just reading Uncanny 318. It showed how Beast was concerned and humble about Miguel. Now they made him into this mad scientist with no phucks given about anything he does.

when did Beast die?

Right?! And the problem with that assertion is that Beast says we need a bastard in this, which implies a necessity.

Problem is that Beast has had to have his butt pulled out of terrible situations he has caused throughout the entirety of this series. Not one single win Beast has had made any sort of positive impact on that of Krakoa.

You want proper bastards, look at Magneto, Emma Frost, or more accurately, Charles Xavier. All have made morally dubious decisions that have terrible moral implications. Hell, some even blew up in their faces further down the line as a sort of karmic retribution. Yet, we still saw the reasoning and the resulting success from those decisions that validated their behavior.

Xavier mind-wipes Cyclops, Scott went on to lead the Second Gen X-Men and save the O4 without the guilt of the secret teams downfall. The ramifications in which kept up the X-Men in good and created Vulcan in bad.

That is how you do a proper complex decision. What Beast does is just being a jack***.
    While the meta commentary is there, I do wonder if Beast is really just trying to convince himself and all of these failures are leading to him having some sort of rude awakening that he hasn't been on the side of angels for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    when did Beast die?
    The issue where Evil Quentin Quire debuts, if I’m not correct. I’d have to go back for exact issue numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    While the meta commentary is there, I do wonder if Beast is really just trying to convince himself and all of these failures are leading to him having some sort of rude awakening that he hasn't been on the side of angels for a very long time.
    I don’t have faith Percy would do that, but if he did, he wouldn’t necessarily be wrong. Beast has been very self-righteous to a very hypocritical fault in recent years. This Beast, though, is a whole different direction from what he was before. I’m gonna say equally as bad. While the crimes are worse, Beast at least acknowledges he is being an a-hole. Beast back then, like around All-New era, was in outright denial of his faults.

Astonishing Member

I don’t have faith Percy would do that, but if he did, he wouldn’t necessarily be wrong. Beast has been very self-righteous to a very hypocritical fault in recent years. This Beast, though, is a whole different direction from what he was before. I’m gonna say equally as bad. While the crimes are worse, Beast at least acknowledges he is being an a-hole. Beast back then, like around All-New era, was in outright denial of his faults.
    I'm reminded of Jean's iconic line in this series "Don't f****ing patronize me Hank."

I feel like that line defines how Beast has been acting throughout this entire series he said some somethings with the expectation that he's so smart nobody else is going to catch on meanwhile he is literally on a team with smart ass people who are not phased by his Antics and who actually understand how much of a "bastard" he's being.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamGroot View Post
    Could anyone translate the Russian note from the last page for me please? Google Translate won't recognise the handwriting when I try to image it.
    Piotr Rasputin, handsome(error in spelling), shaven ,short mustache(error in spelling)

From chronicler(wrong grammar)