Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default What to do in a boring lockdown world

Hi everyone I'm posting this thread cause we all need help with this. Instead of just trying to get my superpowers from out of my dreams I bought an Alexa speaker and I just ask it "Alexa play video game music or "Alexa play 90s hip hop radio" or Alexa shuffle Eminem songs

It keeps the stress levels low

Also I was thinking to start playing online Xbox and playstation games, u really need that interaction with other humans

Of course I'm going straight to the comic book store or online store. Any ideas fori lockdown guys/girls

For me I read comics, I also got a Switch a Year ago so I have been playing video games and some retro games thanks to older systems.

I also get my fresh air walking around my yard and around the the house.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Write. Create. Lockdowns place us in a spot where our contacts are strictly limited and we are forced to examine what we have and who we are.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

When was the last time people wrote actual letters to friends or family?
    (No, not an email!)

Just think how much joy you can bring to somebody else by writing them a personal letter that they get delivered to their mailbox by an actual, honest-to-your-preferred-diety postal carrier?

There are many free or low cost online classes. If you ever have wanted to learn how to do something, and you find yourself with a lot fo free time and no where to go, consider signing up to learn a new skill or even get a course completion certificate.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I've started writing a brief diary and taking my hand at some poetry. Also, wildlife photography and some limited hiking, where I can do it. Also I'm involved in two online D&D games, which breaks up some of the monotony.

Football season is starting today, so that will keep me somewhat occupied too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Write. Create. Lockdowns place us in a spot where our contacts are strictly limited and we are forced to examine what we have and who we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There are many free or low cost online classes. If you ever have wanted to learn how to do something, and you find yourself with a lot fo free time and no where to go, consider signing up to learn a new skill or even get a course completion certificate.
    This.
    Take the opportunity presented by the absence of distractions to improve yourself and expand your knowledge. I promise you won't regret it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When was the last time people wrote actual letters to friends or family?
    (No, not an email!)

Just think how much joy you can bring to somebody else by writing them a personal letter that they get delivered to their mailbox by an actual, honest-to-your-preferred-diety postal carrier?
    You should read Jonathan Franzen's short story about the post office of Chicago. Its a hoot.