Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default What to do in a boring lockdown world

Hi everyone I'm posting this thread cause we all need help with this. Instead of just trying to get my superpowers from out of my dreams I bought an Alexa speaker and I just ask it "Alexa play video game music or "Alexa play 90s hip hop radio" or Alexa shuffle Eminem songs

It keeps the stress levels low

Also I was thinking to start playing online Xbox and playstation games, u really need that interaction with other humans

Of course I'm going straight to the comic book store or online store. Any ideas fori lockdown guys/girls

For me I read comics, I also got a Switch a Year ago so I have been playing video games and some retro games thanks to older systems.

I also get my fresh air walking around my yard and around the the house.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Write. Create. Lockdowns place us in a spot where our contacts are strictly limited and we are forced to examine what we have and who we are.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

When was the last time people wrote actual letters to friends or family?
    (No, not an email!)

Just think how much joy you can bring to somebody else by writing them a personal letter that they get delivered to their mailbox by an actual, honest-to-your-preferred-diety postal carrier?

There are many free or low cost online classes. If you ever have wanted to learn how to do something, and you find yourself with a lot fo free time and no where to go, consider signing up to learn a new skill or even get a course completion certificate.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I've started writing a brief diary and taking my hand at some poetry. Also, wildlife photography and some limited hiking, where I can do it. Also I'm involved in two online D&D games, which breaks up some of the monotony.

Football season is starting today, so that will keep me somewhat occupied too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I just started school back up after 20 years away. I am trying to get my nursing degree (I have been a emergency room tech for 20 years). I am scared to death but I am going to do this.

I love reading my comics but sometimes need a bit of a change is reading material.

Like someone said above NFL Football is starting tonight so I am very excited for that. Baseball playoffs are coming. The NBA (The Celtics will be awful this year no doubt) and the NHL is on the way as well.

I love spending time with my two kids as well.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

All-New Member

I think I might write a sequel to my book, it's a good book Revenge Of the Gangster by Anthony Samaras, it features a post from the marvel.com site when it used to have a forum we were arguing hard how the universe is really supernatural and how the atom really works, my story is part non fiction how my dreams merged into real life and then a second part fiction of what I would do if the power did kick in. Yeah I was thinking of making a sequel with all this time I have. Also I Wana draw comics myself I have a unique drawing style, I posted in my other thread a couple pics of magneto and wolverine. I was gonna start a character called Kabam from the character in my book. I remember a movie producer wanted to make a movie out of my book at one stage but he offered a small amount of money.

That Alexa speaker is really fun I like choosing songs and net radio stations it's great.

I might write some websites and/or learn to write them better, get more complicated. Perhaps start an online business like my sister who runs lithos-melbourne she sells crystals and stuff. It's really cool I even spent a few hundred to help her.

Astonishing Member

I agree that taking online classes is a good way to spend your free time. How much stuff that you learned in college have you forgotten by now? Go online and re-learn it, to get your original tuition's worth!

Learn to play an instrument.

All-New Member

Hey you all forgot 'Post on CBR.com and read the great threads here, love it, gotta write that post on all the supernatural occourances that took place in my life, yeah someone ask me in here. Us fans should stick together. We are one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Write. Create. Lockdowns place us in a spot where our contacts are strictly limited and we are forced to examine what we have and who we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There are many free or low cost online classes. If you ever have wanted to learn how to do something, and you find yourself with a lot fo free time and no where to go, consider signing up to learn a new skill or even get a course completion certificate.
    This.
    Take the opportunity presented by the absence of distractions to improve yourself and expand your knowledge. I promise you won't regret it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

All-New Member

Hey let's build a group of us like minded people, a group where we can all chip in and build a company and all get rich.

Best plan ever.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I just started school back up after 20 years away. I am trying to get my nursing degree (I have been a emergency room tech for 20 years). I am scared to death but I am going to do this.

I love reading my comics but sometimes need a bit of a change is reading material.

Like someone said above NFL Football is starting tonight so I am very excited for that. Baseball playoffs are coming. The NBA (The Celtics will be awful this year no doubt) and the NHL is on the way as well.

I love spending time with my two kids as well.
    Next year I will be 40 and also go back to school (I hope) depending on the test I wrote yesterday. Best of luck. I know it will be scary for me too.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    This.
    Take the opportunity presented by the absence of distractions to improve yourself and expand your knowledge. I promise you won't regret it.
    Better to just reread A Song Of Ice And Fire and A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms