Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can we call this the "Rebirth" first meeting or would that have to be something else...
    Rebirth is long over, Infinite Frontier is the new era.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rebirth is long over, Infinite Frontier is the new era.
    Okay, first meeting in the Infinite Frontier timeline it is .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The retro look and the wording of the announcement make me think it's BM and SM's first meeting.

"And finally, writer Mark Waid teams up with long-running Detective Comics artist Dan Mora for a new story set in the DC Universe, bringing readers to the start of a brand-new day for Batman… and Superman. This is just the beginning for Waid and Mora—and for Superman and Batman!"

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...n-the-new-year

And, yes, it's a prelude to an upcoming series by Waid/Mora according to DC Connect.
    We'll see. My Batman fatigue isn't going away anytime soon but on the other hand, even if in continuity it'll at least be pre-Infinite Garbage. Beggars can't be choosers right now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    We'll see. My Batman fatigue isn't going away anytime soon but on the other hand, even if in continuity it'll at least be pre-Infinite Garbage. Beggars can't be choosers right now.
    You’re truly not enjoying any of the Superbooks right now?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not really, outside of Morrison's book but that's just about over. I find PKJ's ideas interesting, I truly do. I had from the beginning. I just still have a bad feeling about what end its supposed to all lead to in relation to Clark. My fear is that the Warworld story is basically supposed to, when all is said and done, be revealed to be Superman's last great adventure before a retirement/disappearance angle. Now, whether that turns out to be a valid fear or more paranoia I don't know, I'm more than willing to entertain that it won't be the case. But its a feeling I'm unable to shake nonetheless, fostered by what I feel is a pretty clear vibe that right now Clark/Kal-El is the secondary entity in the lore and it just hampers any enjoyment I might otherwise be having.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not really, outside of Morrison's book but that's just about over. I find PKJ's ideas interesting, I truly do. I had from the beginning. I just still have a bad feeling about what end its supposed to all lead to in relation to Clark. My fear is that the Warworld story is basically supposed to, when all is said and done, be revealed to be Superman's last great adventure before a retirement/disappearance angle. Now, whether that turns out to be a valid fear or more paranoia I don't know, I'm more than willing to entertain that it won't be the case. But its a feeling I'm unable to shake nonetheless, fostered by what I feel is a pretty clear vibe that right now Clark/Kal-El is the secondary entity in the lore and it just hampers any enjoyment I might otherwise be having.
    Hm well we already know that the next arc after Warworld will involve more Earth based characters and that PKJ wants to do more cosmic/epic plots so not sure why you’re worried about that. Clark will continue to be active and doing stuff after this first arc he’s not hanging up the cape afterwards. If there’s any real threat to his continuance it’s not Jon, it’s that the people running the film side think there’s something wrong with him rather than his problems being a result of their incompetence and the video game side seems to dislike him intensely.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's true that Clark has become secondary (internally, he was since Convergence was in the works in early 2015) but this might change sooner than later with the post-DiDio management.

Btw, Clark is still the focus in the out of continuity SM books, and I don't see him being retired for good from the main books, not anytime soon, or ever. At worst, when he'll be back regularly on Earth, DC will relaunch his series as "SuperMEN", plural like apparently they'll do with Aquaman. lol.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-16-2021 at 04:22 AM.

Sticking the main versions with their teenage successors seems so ridiculous but DC will probably try to sell it anyways .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sticking the main versions with their teenage successors seems so ridiculous but DC will probably try to sell it anyways .
    OC heroes don’t sell so to meet the diversity expectations of the modern era you gotta share the mantle.

Waid had another interview about past DC work as well as upcoming stuff, linking it in case anyone wants to listen.

Lol here’s something funny, Waid outlines the process of how his BL Superman pitch was approved
    1. He was approached to do a Superman BL project. Waid rejected the idea because he knew Didio would reject his pitch simply as an “FU” to him.
    2. He was talked into trying anyway and so he sent in his dream Superman pitch
    3. Everyone loved it and it got sent up to the top for final approval. Didio gave Waid the middle finger out of spite and rejected it.
    4. Didio gets fired and Waid’s pitch is immediately approved

He doesn’t say it was specifically Didio but thats clearly who it is. Happy ending for Waid and now I’m curious to see what this pitch is. Hopefully Waid’s dream Superman pitch isn’t something basic lol

Lol here’s something funny, Waid outlines the process of how his BL Superman pitch was approved
    1. He was approached to do a Superman BL project. Waid rejected the idea because he knew Didio would reject his pitch simply as an “FU” to him.
    3. Everyone loved it and it got sent up to the top for final approval. Didio gave Waid the middle finger out of spite and rejected it.

He doesn’t say it was specifically Didio but thats clearly who it is. Happy ending for Waid and now I’m curious to see what this pitch is. Hopefully Waid’s dream Superman pitch isn’t something basic lol

Don’t even need to know what this story is about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Don’t even need to know what this story is about now.
    Wonder if something similar happened to Rucka’s WW BL pitch?

Wonder if something similar happened to Rucka’s WW BL pitch?
    Maybe for Rebirth since that was his return to DC but his BL project was part of the initial announcement lineup so I imagine he and Didio’s beef would have been somewhat solved by that point.

Man, there was some bad blood between Waid and Didio.