Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I hope to see Superman and Wonder woman together as a couple again in the future!!!
    Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman run dealt with that as matter-of-factly as it could. Diana simply doesn't feel that way for Clark anymore.

Far too much has been done to distance them from one another in terms of relations, goals, and even chemistry since the days of the New 52. They're not even the 'best friends' they were in the post-crisis age who hung out all the time. You could argue the same for Diana and Bruce also. The trinity are just work colleagues now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman run dealt with that as matter-of-factly as it could. Diana simply doesn't feel that way for Clark anymore.

Far too much has been done to distance them from one another in terms of relations, goals, and even chemistry since the days of the New 52. They're not even the 'best friends' they were in the post-crisis age who hung out all the time. You could argue the same for Diana and Bruce also. The trinity are just work colleagues now.
    Until the writers need them to all be best pals again or write a new Trinity book...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Rucka wrote Diana as thirsting for Bruce a few times, actually.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Rucka wrote Diana as thirsting for Bruce a few times, actually.
    Quite right you are, I have those issues, but those books were post-crisis and my point was that in the post-Rebirth age the Trinity just haven't had the same connections they used to have, any time there's even a hint of thirsting/romance between them it's to shut it down instantaneously and firmly establish their traditional life partners as the ones more ideally suited for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Until the writers need them to all be best pals again or write a new Trinity book...
    It's wild to think a Trinity book sells worse than it ever used to, but that's really where we're at now,. My point was that during the last run, the Trinity didn't really have that interpersonal connection anymore due to the characters being pulled in different directions and phases in life. It's easy to say 'one day the writers will do x and y, then Z", but there's just no consistency anymore between them that can actually lead and build to that.

On the off-chance Lois moves on from Clark in between the start and end of Dark Crisis, then sure, one could make the case that'd free Clark up. and Diana and Steve aren't presently involved, but Johnson's been pretty adamant he won't 'betray' fans in that regard.

It's wild to think a Trinity book sells worse than it ever used to, but that's really where we're at now,. My point was that during the last run, the Trinity didn't really have that interpersonal connection anymore due to the characters being pulled in different directions and phases in life. It's easy to say 'one day the writers will do x and y, then Z", but there's just no consistency anymore between them that can actually lead and build to that.

On the off-chance Lois moves on from Clark in between the start and end of Dark Crisis, then sure, one could make the case that'd free Clark up. and Diana and Steve aren't presently involved, but Johnson's been pretty adamant he won't 'betray' fans in that regard.
    Didn't they all come together for Death Metal?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't they all come together for Death Metal?
    Same way they all come together for other events, as friends teammates etc, same as anyone would. But it's not any deeper than that.

That is a good thing.

BANNED

That is a good thing.
    I lean more towards WonderBat than Superwonder, I was quite pleased with the recent JL Infinity by DeMatties where they got some focus.

Same way they all come together for other events, as friends teammates etc, same as anyone would. But it's not any deeper than that.
    I think that's more from it being an event comic than anything else, but that goes to show how deep their friendship and camaraderie is.

I lean more towards WonderBat than Superwonder, I was quite pleased with the recent JL Infinity by DeMatties where they got some focus.
    Both are equally bad.

Both are equally bad.
    I really dislike pairing Diana with Bata or Supes. They have their own love interests, she's never going to be number one for them.
    I think if you have to pair her with a man in the Justice League, Aquaman or Martian Manhunter are better choices for her.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I really dislike pairing Diana with Bata or Supes. They have their own love interests, she's never going to be number one for them.
    I think if you have to pair her with a man in the Justice League, Aquaman or Martian Manhunter are better choices for her.
    Arthur or J’onn would be a more even pairing for her, but I’d rather her LIs come from within her franchise. Also I’d like to see her get a girlfriend (preferably Artemis) and have a throuple with Steve.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Arthur or J’onn would be a more even pairing for her, but I’d rather her LIs come from within her franchise. Also I’d like to see her get a girlfriend (preferably Artemis) and have a throuple with Steve.
    Diana having a girlfriend and/or a non monogamous relationship would be great, and feels right for her character.
    That does come back around somewhat to J'onn, as I feel like he should be non binary and pansexual. Shapeshifting telepathic aliens having Western Earth standard genders and hetero monogamous relationship standards doesn't really make sense. I can see the problems though of Diana being in a relationship in the JL when she has her own title.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Diana having a girlfriend and/or a non monogamous relationship would be great, and feels right for her character.
    That does come back around somewhat to J'onn, as I feel like he should be non binary and pansexual. Shapeshifting telepathic aliens having Western Earth standard genders and hetero monogamous relationship standards doesn't really make sense. I can see the problems though of Diana being in a relationship in the JL when she has her own title.
    Well, the most important relationship for J'onn is his dead family...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the most important relationship for J'onn is his dead family...
    Yeah, but that dead wife and child was introduced around 35 years ago, surely he can move onto a new relationship by now.
    I would never want J’onn to be a swinging bachelor with, but I think exploring a new romance could bring out new facets for his character.