Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Diana having a girlfriend and/or a non monogamous relationship would be great, and feels right for her character.
    That does come back around somewhat to J'onn, as I feel like he should be non binary and pansexual. Shapeshifting telepathic aliens having Western Earth standard genders and hetero monogamous relationship standards doesn't really make sense. I can see the problems though of Diana being in a relationship in the JL when she has her own title.
    Martian Manhunter is probably the only character in DC who laps Nightwing in the "wasted potential" department.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Both are equally bad.
    Not a fan of either, but I think that Superwonder makes more sense than WonderBat insofar as at least Superman generally is a good person who could gain Diana's respect.

For all Bruce's many talents, I can't see Diana falling in love with a person who teaches his kids to respond to violence at his hand (like when Bruce decked Tim and it's part of a code they invented to communicate nonverbally-- WHAT), plot the destruction of his sworn allies and also be responsible for Brother goddamn Eye.

Bruce has just fallen too far for me to find WonderBat plausible, so I think it's worse than Superwonder if only because I think Bruce is just a worse match for her.

Not that I ever want to see her with either of them.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not a fan of either, but I think that Superwonder makes more sense than WonderBat insofar as at least Superman generally is a good person who could gain Diana's respect.

For all Bruce's many talents, I can't see Diana falling in love with a person who teaches his kids to respond to violence at his hand (like when Bruce decked Tim and it's part of a code they invented to communicate nonverbally-- WHAT), plot the destruction of his sworn allies and also be responsible for Brother goddamn Eye.

Bruce has just fallen too far for me to find WonderBat plausible, so I think it's worse than Superwonder if only because I think Bruce is just a worse match for her.
    We don't talk about that.

Astonishing Member

Both are equally bad.
    Precisely this. I feel for different reasons. She'll never come first with Clark, not when Lois is alive (and on occasion, even when she's dead) and Bruce is just *no offense* beneath her. I can't look past Bruce's character and even actions and think he's worth of Diana. Keep these three friends, I don't care to what varying degree, just as long as it's never romantic at all.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-17-2022 at 03:57 AM.

If you want a “Wonder Woman” for Clark to date I’ll always prefer Maxima for that role.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-17-2022 at 07:57 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you want a “Wonder Woman” for Clark to date I’ll always prefer Maxima for that role.
    Speaking of Maxima, have we seen her recently? I recall her appearing in a Wonder Woman issue(s) a few runs ago.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

After it was revealed that it nearly happened in the 70s, I've warmed up to the idea of Diana hooking up with Hal. At least as a fling/friends with benefits sort of thing.

Too bad Geoff Johns killed any good will that that pairing might have, because it is FAR more appealing to me now than pairing her with either Clark or (especially) Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Speaking of Maxima, have we seen her recently? I recall her appearing in a Wonder Woman issue(s) a few runs ago.
    Well, that was New 52 Maxima who is effectively an entirely different character from old Maxima.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    After it was revealed that it nearly happened in the 70s, I've warmed up to the idea of Diana hooking up with Hal. At least as a fling/friends with benefits sort of thing.

Too bad Geoff Johns killed any good will that that pairing might have, because it is FAR more appealing to me now than pairing her with either Clark or (especially) Bruce.
    What's an unnecessary Superhero brawl between friends ?