Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...637094915?s=21
    How many issues of Superman? That will probably be my most anticipated comic of 2022.

3 x 46 pages. Same format as Miller and JR JJ's Year One.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Going with the prestige format...

I'm looking forward to this but being honesty I kind of hate the prestige format of these books.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I hope this is a follow up of Birthright. Even if not, I am hyped. Probably the Superman book I'm looking forward most in the next year.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I hope this is a follow up of Birthright. Even if not, I am hyped. Probably the Superman book I'm looking forward most in the next year.
    I wonder if we are going to have a "Waid-verse" like Miller gets. BR was a wasted opportunity so it would be great to get a BR universe to see stories in.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder if we are going to have a "Waid-verse" like Miller gets. BR was a wasted opportunity so it would be great to get a BR universe to see stories in.
    I’d happily take that, guessing any sequels depend on how well this does and if Waid feels up for it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Since it's black label, it's in its own canon. I hope this Superman is single and not a dad just to be different.
    Given that Waid is not a fan of Superman even being married to Lois, I think it's a forgone conclusion that Clark will be single and childless in this story.

Very interested in this, Birthright sequel or not it'll hopefully be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm looking forward to this but being honesty I kind of hate the prestige format of these books.
    Why? I think they're pretty great myself, bigger pages for the art but not too big to be cumbersome to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given that Waid is not a fan of Superman even being married to Lois, I think it's a forgone conclusion that Clark will be single and childless in this story.
    Well this went from having my interest to having my full attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Very interested in this, Birthright sequel or not it'll hopefully be good!

Why? I think they're pretty great myself, bigger pages for the art but not too big to be cumbersome to read.
    It's entirely petty on my part but it annoys when I try to put the collected editions on my shelfs and it doesn't lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's entirely petty on my part but it annoys when I try to put the collected editions on my shelfs and it doesn't lineup.
    Why do you want/need them to line up on your shelves? Most books don't line up, you should see a library's shelves. Or mine in my more literate days...

Spectacular Member

Birthright works perfectly as the beginning of its own universe

Whereas secret origins is very much a utilitarian Superman origin that can serve as a blueprint for multiple eras of Supermen

Birthright feels unique to waid

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He pretty much already gave away the “pitch” on a podcast interview that happened a month or so ago. This is basically a “Year 2” story likely set in the Birthrightverse. Only question is how the villain will be. Brainiac was considered for Birthright so he might be the villain here.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

If indeed this ends up being a sequel to Birthright, I wonder if DC may reissue BR in the larger "black label "format to accompany this new book?

Its also noteworthy to remember that Birthright is nearly 20 years old now. Only two more years. 2003 seems like just last year.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 09-10-2021 at 03:37 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

They might wait for 20th anniversary to release a new edition.

Excited for this. Hope it's a follow-up to Birthright.