Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's entirely petty on my part but it annoys when I try to put the collected editions on my shelfs and it doesn't lineup.
    Also a tough fit in some longboxes
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given that Waid is not a fan of Superman even being married to Lois, I think it's a forgone conclusion that Clark will be single and childless in this story.
    He says he's softened on the marriage. So I wouldn't say its an impossibility, though I'd prefer if he went the single route. Jon though is extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He pretty much already gave away the “pitch” on a podcast interview that happened a month or so ago. This is basically a “Year 2” story likely set in the Birthrightverse. Only question is how the villain will be. Brainiac was considered for Birthright so he might be the villain here.
    Oh okay, if its basically Year Two continuing off his origin, then he definitely won't be married either.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-10-2021 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Missed info
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He pretty much already gave away the “pitch” on a podcast interview that happened a month or so ago.
    Really? Details, please?
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He says he's softened on the marriage. So I wouldn't say its an impossibility, though I'd prefer if he went the single route. Jon though is extremely unlikely.

Oh okay, if its basically Year Two continuing off his origin, then he definitely won't be married either.
    As recently as the Digging for Kryptonite podcast interview he said he was still pro dead Kents and preferred Clark unmarried. I think his softening is more “well ok this isn’t what I want but it can work” rather than “I like this now”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Really? Details, please?
    Nothing beyond what I already said. Year Two story likely following up Birthright, no specifics beyond that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ahhh, I see, interesting to know. Well I definitely am in strong agreement with him there. That's how I've felt about the marriage since the 2000s. I don't prefer it, but its not a dealbreaker.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I always imagined a story that connects Birthright to KC. No idea how Waid could make it happen, since Superman in KC was Superboy and Superman in Birthright wasn't. But, hey, I am up for it. Waid already stated if he could've, he would've brought back Superboy in Birthright.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 09-12-2021 at 01:39 AM.

We start following Superman in Birthright when he’s already almost an adult, so technically there’s nothing that prohibits him going on adventures with the Legion as a kid and then getting mindwiped so he doesn’t remember. If Waid is returning to that continuity he’s got free reign to fold it in now if he wants.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Happy about this. Hopefully all involved bring their A-game. Also hoping we'll finally get an overdue Birthright deluxe out of it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think you could easily slot Superboy's adventures with the LSH in the 30th Century into Birthright. All Waid would need to do is have Saturn Girl wipe Clark's memory once he returns to the past in Smallville.

Bringing in the Legion is doable. If he had a dozen issues again maybe. They could burn one on it like they did the Smallville stuff in Birthright. Seems unlikely in a three issue series given this seems to be about Superman, not Superboy.

I highly doubt Waid will revisit or connect it to Kingdom Come. He’s had issues with that story and it doesn’t seem likely that he’d be revisiting it in his return to Superman.

Maybe lets just have a decent Superman story without bringing in a dead weight like Legion.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe lets just have a decent Superman story without bringing in a dead weight like Legion.
    This is Mark Waid we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    This is Mark Waid we're talking about.
    Lmao. But personally I don’t expect this to be a story where Waid brings in the Legion, I think he’ll move forward rather than revisiting the past. However if this does well I can totally see him doing another project set in the Birthrightverse, and personally I’d love it if it was a Hush type “let’s touch on every aspect of Superman’s lore” story. Superman has had only one attempt at that as far as I know, Up, Up, and Away and if anyone could pull something like that off for Supes it would be Waid. That’s all assuming he does a good job on this upcoming project of course.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I always imagined a story that connects Birthright to KC. No idea how Waid could make it happen, since Superman in KC was Superboy and Superman in Birthright wasn't. But, hey, I am up for it. Waid already stated if he could've, he would've brought back Superboy in Birthright.
    When was this established?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think the Legion is a dead weight, but yes, I would like to see Superman getting a Black Label story that isn't a team up or a TDKR spin-off.