Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, there was some bad blood between Waid and Didio.
    Didio banned him from DC’s offices, he found out when he tried to go visit a friend there iirc. Waid and Didio/Harras hated each other. Only reason he’s back is all those old guard guys are gone
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didio banned him from DC’s offices, he found out when he tried to go visit a friend there iirc. Waid and Didio/Harras hated each other. Only reason he’s back is all those old guard guys are gone
    Dido definitely burned some bridges...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The more I hear about Didio's decisions, the more I wonder how he got the job in the first place.
    Assassinate Putin!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The more I hear about Didio's decisions, the more I wonder how he got the job in the first place.
    Good question

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Pretty great interview.

BL Superman book with Hitch:

Heh, like how he says it got approved the very afternoon of “the event,” i.e. regime change.
    “Best Superman idea I’ve ever had.”
    Hitch, “I was born to draw this project.”
    Talk about hype, love it!

Batman Superman book with Mora:

Regime change… phone rang off the hook all day,” ha. Sensing a theme here.
    “Batman and Superman more interesting as friends… the world is a better place when they are friends.” Take that Miller.

Cool convo about Silver Age, Morrison more of Silver Age writer than Waid.

On the marriage: can’t/shouldn’t undo it at this point, and wouldn’t want to. Just doesn’t feel connected to it.

Another forthcoming interview once Superman stuff is “officially” announced. Awesome!!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Pretty great interview.

BL Superman book with Hitch:

Heh, like how he says it got approved the very afternoon of “the event,” i.e. regime change.
    “Best Superman idea I’ve ever had.”
    Hitch, “I was born to draw this project.”
    Talk about hype, love it!

Batman Superman book with Mora:

Regime change… phone rang off the hook all day,” ha. Sensing a theme here.
    “Batman and Superman more interesting as friends… the world is a better place when they are friends.” Take that Miller.

Cool convo about Silver Age, Morrison more of Silver Age writer than Waid.

On the marriage: can’t/shouldn’t undo it at this point, and wouldn’t want to. Just doesn’t feel connected to it.

Another forthcoming interview once Superman stuff is “officially” announced. Awesome!!
    Another one surrenders to the Supermarriage. Yes, YES!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Lol here’s something funny, Waid outlines the process of how his BL Superman pitch was approved
    1. He was approached to do a Superman BL project. Waid rejected the idea because he knew Didio would reject his pitch simply as an “FU” to him.
    2. He was talked into trying anyway and so he sent in his dream Superman pitch
    3. Everyone loved it and it got sent up to the top for final approval. Didio gave Waid the middle finger out of spite and rejected it.
    4. Didio gets fired and Waid’s pitch is immediately approved

He doesn’t say it was specifically Didio but thats clearly who it is. Happy ending for Waid and now I’m curious to see what this pitch is. Hopefully Waid’s dream Superman pitch isn’t something basic lol
    Ah, Didio...

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Another one surrenders to the Supermarriage. Yes, YES!
    Not quite lol. He’s not a fan and never will be but he doesn’t want to OMD it and he doesn’t have to. Waid is living the dream, he gets to write mainline Superman in a team up book with Batman (another character he’s wanted to write outside of JLA) and he gets his BL book where I’m sure Clark won’t be married to Lois. Best of both worlds.

I really hope if he’s going to be hyping up the BL pitch as his best ever that he’s basically going balls to the wall in terms of Rogues. I want to see as many of them as he can fit into one story not just Lex (PLEASE God let Lex not be the main bad guy much as I love Waid’s Lex).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not quite lol. He’s not a fan and never will be but he doesn’t want to OMD it and he doesn’t have to. Waid is living the dream, he gets to write mainline Superman in a team up book with Batman (another character he’s wanted to write outside of JLA) and he gets his BL book where I’m sure Clark won’t be married to Lois. Best of both worlds.

I really hope if he’s going to be hyping up the BL pitch as his best ever that he’s basically going balls to the wall in terms of Rogues. I want to see as many of them as he can fit into one story not just Lex (PLEASE God let Lex not be the main bad guy much as I love Waid’s Lex).
    Accepting it's the law of the land and not trying to undo it is submission, ergo victory for the Supermarriage. :P
    May we never forget:

Astonishing Member

When will they learn the modern "Worlds Finest" doesn't work because the World's Finest doesn't work with them as this juvenile "diametric opposites" junk.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    When will they learn the modern "Worlds Finest" doesn't work because the World's Finest doesn't work with them as this juvenile "diametric opposites" junk.
    They're going to be friends in this run. A lot of writers (like Yang, seemingly) enjoy them as friends.

But you are correct, it's not really the World's Finest... Because there's no Robin!
    May we never forget:

Incredible Member

[QUOTE But you are correct, it's not really the World's Finest... Because there's no Robin![/QUOTE]

100%. But then since Dick Grayson is now Nightwing, it should probably be Nightwing as part of the
    troika. Superman was after all a very important mentor for Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Kinda curious how Waid will write the relationship. Doubt it will be as simplistic as the Loeb take given Waid of all people doesn’t see Clark as “just” the light to Bruce’s darkness. How will he contrast the two I wonder?

I guess Hitch has leaked the name for the project:
    You all know about venom, you know about Redcoat, you've heard about Superman Testament Black Label with Waid, me and Nowlan and then there's this thing. You could say it's decades in the making.
    https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...uge6eAWBl3-MpA

It’s very funny to me how he can’t be bothered at all to keep this a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Since it's black label, it's in its own canon. I hope this Superman is single and not a dad just to be different.
    Waid has been outspoken on preferring a single Superman. If this is outside of regular continuity I fully expect to get a single Superman. He is also doing a younger single Superman in his World's Finest series.