Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I guess Hitch has leaked the name for the project:

https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...uge6eAWBl3-MpA

It’s very funny to me how he can’t be bothered at all to keep this a secret.
    "Testament" makes it sound like Waid's own take on All-Star or a book about his ethos on Superman.

I guess Hitch has leaked the name for the project:

https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...uge6eAWBl3-MpA

It’s very funny to me how he can’t be bothered at all to keep this a secret.
    ...I don't know about venom (unless it's the stuff Bane uses in the Batman books?), or Redcoat, and I've certainly haven't heard anything about Superman Testament? The heck are these referencing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Testament" makes it sound like Waid's own take on All-Star or a book about his ethos on Superman.
    But the way he said it makes it sound like it's a separate project? Or was "this thing" not referring to this book?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...I don't know about venom (unless it's the stuff Bane uses in the Batman books?), or Redcoat, and I've certainly haven't heard anything about Superman Testament? The heck are these referencing?
    Hitch is drawing the current Venom book for Marvel.

I assume Redcoat is a creator owned comic.

Testament seems to be a Black Label Superman book Hitch is doing with Mark Waid.

Hitch is drawing the current Venom book for Marvel.

I assume Redcoat is a creator owned comic.

Testament seems to be a Black Label Superman book Hitch is doing with Mark Waid.
    So is Testament the story we've been speculating in this thread then, the Birthright sequel?

He’s said it will be a story about the importance of Superman’s rule against killing.
    So is Testament the story we've been speculating in this thread then, the Birthright sequel?
    Yes it’s a sequel to Birthright set in Year 2 of that Superman’s career.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He’s said it will be a story about the importance of Superman’s rule against killing.

Yes it’s a sequel to Birthright set in Year 2 of that Superman’s career.
    I know that, I meant is Testament the name for it.

Although a story about the importance of the not killing rule sounds...less interesting. I like Superman's no kill rule, mostly, but I don't need a whole story about the importance of it.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Testament... Rev Lovejoy approved.

“Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Well, that sounds about Waid.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I know that, I meant is Testament the name for it.

Although a story about the importance of the not killing rule sounds...less interesting. I like Superman's no kill rule, mostly, but I don't need a whole story about the importance of it.
    It took Mark Waid almost ten years to finally publish his criticism of the neck snap.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    It took Mark Waid almost ten years to finally publish his criticism of the neck snap.
    I seem to remember that not long after Waid had seen "Man of Steel" he made a blog post or mentioned in an interview that he literally made a scene in the theater when said neck snap occurred. He admitted to yelling at the screen and walked out. I remember thinking that was childish and over the top and inconsiderate of his fellow viewers. I could be remembering it all wrong though. Its almost been a decade.

Its hard to believe next summer will be 10 years since the last solo Superman film.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

How could anyone view Kingdom Come as having a happy ending? Most of the heroes died a violent, unnecessary death. It was definitely a cautionary tale. It didn't end as dark as Alan Moore's proposed 'Twilight', and it was to see the big 3 reconciled, but I think that ending was needed -- otherwise, it would have been just too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    How could anyone view Kingdom Come as having a happy ending? Most of the heroes died a violent, unnecessary death. It was definitely a cautionary tale. It didn't end as dark as Alan Moore's proposed 'Twilight', and it was to see the big 3 reconciled, but I think that ending was needed -- otherwise, it would have been just too dark.
    I think it's the ending, with Diana and Clark having a baby with Bruce as godfather that makes people see it having a happy ending. There's a lot of tragedy in the story, but the ending is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That ending wasn't earned is the problem. Kingdom Come Superman is as much the villain of the story as anyone else. He set up a literal Gulag that directly led to all the deaths and destruction. Wonder Woman's actions exasperated the whole situation as well. Batman is basically using the villains as slave labor. That ending is completely at odds with the actions of those characters and they don't deserve any of it. It should have ended on a dark and depressing note, because that is what those versions of the characters earned.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I seem to remember that not long after Waid had seen "Man of Steel" he made a blog post or mentioned in an interview that he literally made a scene in the theater when said neck snap occurred. He admitted to yelling at the screen and walked out. I remember thinking that was childish and over the top and inconsiderate of his fellow viewers. I could be remembering it all wrong though. Its almost been a decade.

Its hard to believe next summer will be 10 years since the last solo Superman film.
    I remember that story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That ending wasn't earned is the problem. Kingdom Come Superman is as much the villain of the story as anyone else. He set up a literal Gulag that directly led to all the deaths and destruction. Wonder Woman's actions exasperated the whole situation as well. Batman is basically using the villains as slave labor. That ending is completely at odds with the actions of those characters and they don't deserve any of it. It should have ended on a dark and depressing note, because that is what those versions of the characters earned.
    I'll never understand why some people put Kingdom Come into their Top Comics lists.