Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Default What is your ideal Superman? (Take the Quiz!)

Inspired by the many eternal debates surrounding Superman's character & purpose, I made this quiz as a fun project. I tried to pinpoint and dissect the elements of numerous distinct versions of Superman we've gotten over the years to see what existing version users most commonly reassemble through their choices. I'm also hoping it makes casual readers/fans contemplate different sides of the Man of Steel, as well as look into less familiar eras & stories.

Let me know what you think of the questions and whether your result feels right!

https://quiz.tryinteract.com/#/5f986fd25ed29e00142786b5

Special thanks to Ascended for his feedback when I created the draft for this almost a year ago.

Spectacular Member

All-star superman

Incredible Member

Post-Crisis Superman

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I got New 52 Superman. it makes sense because I liked the mix of his golden age attitude/social crusader qualities and his power level for the most part. I like the classic costume more but i didn't mind the New 52 version. All-Star Superman is the perfect take to me though.

I got...surprise surprise, New 52. I'd still say my actual idea hasn't been on the page yet because its such a hodgepodge, but this was closest.

What are all the possible results? Are the five image representations at the start the only possible end results? Just curious.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-09-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Post Crisis Superman

After Crisis on Infinite Earths, John Byrne totally revamped Superman in the "Man of Steel" mini-series. This Superman was born after his Kryptonian rocket landed on Earth, and his true personality is that of Clark Kent from Smallville, leaning more into his "human" side. He is less powerful than previous incarnations, and less overtly tied to ideological messaging.
    Id say this is accurate for my ideal Superman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Apparently I'm the New 52 Superman. (despite the fact that I think he should have trunks)
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Apparently I'm the New 52 Superman. (despite the fact that I think he should have trunks)
    I said no trunks and got a Supes with trunks lol it happens.

lol, that panel with Nixon and Superman is hilarious.

anyways

Your Superman is: Golden Age Superman!

The original Superman (as written/illustrated by creators Jerry Siegal & Joe Shuster) is famous for his willingness to fight corruption and exact revenge on bullies. While he's much less powerful than most subsequent versions (he couldn't even fly!), his no-nonsense attitude makes him one of the most badass versions of Superman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I said no trunks and got a Supes with trunks lol it happens.
    I actually like the New 52 Superman. His costume is really the only thing about him I have a problem with. The long trunks just look weird. Even weirder than no trunks.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Did it a couple times, got alternatively Bronze Age and New 52, one time even DCEU (which I guess I can see conceptually, but definitely not in execution).

Retired

It says my Superman is All-Star Superman. Was it possible to get something pre-Crisis? [edit: I guess so.]

I found myself going for Neutral/Agree Somewhat on most of them. Only a few times was I really strongly Disagree or Agree. My preferred state of Superman is circa 1970s--but I'm open to other perspectives.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 09-09-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far!

It seems like those who liked All-Star might be getting New 52 because they voted in favor of the social crusader aspects, which might be the biggest difference maker between the two. All-Star is fairly neutral in that regard.

(Also, the trunks/body build questions are essentially just meant to be tie-breakers - it's a character study quiz first and foremost.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I got...surprise surprise, New 52. I'd still say my actual idea hasn't been on the page yet because its such a hodgepodge, but this was closest.

What are all the possible results? Are the five image representations at the start the only possible end results? Just curious.
    The possible results are:

Golden Age
    Silver Age
    Bronze Age
    Post-Crisis
    New 52
    All-Star
    DCEU

I could have included more or less, but I figured these were the most appropriate categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It says my Superman is All-Star Superman. Was it possible to get something pre-Crisis? [edit: I guess so.]

I found myself going for Neutral/Agree Somewhat on most of them. Only a few times was I really strongly Disagree or Agree. My preferred state of Superman is circa 1970s--but I'm open to other perspectives.
    I believe Bronze Age and All-Star are pretty close in parameters. I got Bronze Age myself but also love All-Star. I think All-Star has the most "neutral" responses correlated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback thus far!

It seems like those who liked All-Star might be getting New 52 because they voted in favor of the social crusader aspects, which might be the biggest difference maker between the two. All-Star is fairly neutral in that regard.

(Also, the trunks/body build questions are essentially just meant to be tie-breakers - it's a character study quiz first and foremost.)

The possible results are:

Golden Age
    Silver Age
    Bronze Age
    Post-Crisis
    New 52
    All-Star
    DCEU

I could have included more or less, but I figured these were the most appropriate categories.
    Okay cool, thanks!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El