Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I got the Post Crisis Superman, which makes sense. I really like that era.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I got the Post Crisis Superman, which makes sense. I really like that era.
    Really? I always assume your user name is for Gary, the Witchboy, from the 1970s SUPERBOY comics--so I'd naturally guess the 1970s would be your favourite.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 09-11-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Post-Crisis. Not a surprise considering that's the era I was most interested in, despite getting into the Legion in the last few pre-Crisis years.

Unsurprisingly, I got Post Crisis Superman.

Would Superman from Superman Smashes the Klan fall under Golden Age or be his own thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Would Superman from Superman Smashes the Klan fall under Golden Age or be his own thing?
    His personality doesn't really remind me of the early days Golden Age version, though everything else seems to come from there.

mmmm delicious, delicious data.....

All-star superman : 3
    Post-Crisis Superman: 10
    New 52 Superman : 11
    Golden Age Superman : 4
    Bronze Age : 4
    Silver age : 3
    DCEU: 0 (only person who got it took the quiz repeatedly and got other things most of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wow, I got Bronze Age. I've only read a bit so I'm quite surprised. This would be Elliot S. Maguin right? Any other recommendations?
    One I would highly recommend: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Krypton_Chronicles_Vol_1

There are far too many stories that do little more than mention that Krypton used to exist.

Bronze age is a time period of around 15 years that ended with CoIE. Sooo most stuff published shortly before CoIE.

Retired

Personally, I call the different eras of Superman: original (or Siegel & Shuster) era, Weisinger era (1948 - 1957 could also be called the in-between era), Schwartz era, reboot (or post-Crisis or post-Classic*) era--which could be split up into different periods (such as Byrne, Jurgens, millennium), One Year Later era, New 52 era and whatever the current era is now.

*Anything before the 1986 reboot is Classic Superman and anything after is the post-Classic Superman.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 09-11-2021 at 03:46 PM.

I got Post-Crisis Superman, which is spot on as the period from Man of Steel to Reign of the Supermen is my favourite run on the series

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The trunks are Superman's least talked about, but most powerful Kryptonian ability. They ensorcell masses.
    All HAIL The CRIMSON UNDEROOS of RAO!

FEAR THEM!

Fear their POWER!

Bless them, bless the Last Undies of Krypton!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Can you add an I don't care/neutral option for the trunk and Kents being alive?

Astonishing Member

Excellent quiz!

Very thorough and really enjoyed doing it.

My ideal Superman is: DCEU Superman

Doesn't surprise me that much! Post-COIE Superman (and his adaptations) are what I grew up with, but lately I've preferred the character to have a bit more edge and to not be such a Boy Scout.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Personally, I call the different eras of Superman: original (or Siegel & Shuster) era, Weisinger era (1948 - 1957 could also be called the in-between era), Schwartz era, reboot (or post-Crisis or post-Classic*) era--which could be split up into different periods (such as Byrne, Jurgens, millennium), One Year Later era, New 52 era and whatever the current era is now.

*Anything before the 1986 reboot is Classic Superman and anything after is the post-Classic Superman.
    Hm. The Schwartz era, never thought of that one before. I'm going to use it. I'm curious though, why do you label the Weisinger era from 1948-1957?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Really? I always assume your user name is for Gary, the Witchboy, from the 1970s SUPERBOY comics--so I'd naturally guess the 1970s would be your favourite.
    I can see where you'd think that, but the witchboy name pre-dates me using it in comic forums and isn't actually anything to do with comics at all.