Extraordinary Member

Default Weakest character to defeat Gabriel Ruthers

Gabriel Ruthers is an antagonist from the Web Serial Heretical Edge. He is a rabidly xenophobic monster hunter, who possesses the ability to gain some powers from things that he kills.

Additionally, Ruthers is connected to the Crossroads committee, which grants him the ability to use any powers possessed by other members of said committee.

Abilities demonstrated by him and the other people connected to the Committee Link include:

Super-Speed: Crosses a hundred feet in less than one hundredth of a second, Throughs 8 punches in less that a tenth of a second, Enemy with Committee link ducks and weaves through all of them. Same enemy later parries attack fast enough to make Bullets look like they're standing still.

Super-Strength: Described as throwing a punch that would devastate a mountain. Note: While the description comes from someone with the same powers as him and the same level of experience with the committee link, Ruthers has no had the opportunity to demonstrate such strength on screen.. That said, the kinetic energy of the strike was absorbed at dissipated, sending several nearby cars flying. Further note: This power is more likely multiple different super strength powers stacked together.

Kinetic Absorption: Can absorb the energy of physical strikes on contact. Used by someone else with Committee link, to counter the above mentioned punch. Seems to require immediate dissipation.

Telekinesis
    : Telekinetically grabs hundreds of glass shards and propels them with the force of a bullet. Later, he rips a "400 foot tall, Multi-Hundred Thousan Ton" skyscraper out of it's foundations and throws it at enemy fast enough to break the sound barrier, using telekinesis to hold it together.

Transmutation: Converts same glass shards as about into jagged metal. Enemy with Committee link transmutes a fire tornado into stone. Another committee member turns a werewolf to stone.

Super-heating: Instantly superheats the above mentioned metal

Ghost-Fire: Can coat objects in a purple energy that buns ghosts and anything else with a ghost-like, non-solid state

Concrete Conjuration and manipulation: Enemy with Committee link counters the above moves by summoning a dome of concrete two feet thick as a defense. Later Ruthers himself pulls concrete out of the ground as he swings a fist, creating a concrete copy of his arm roughly twice as tall as he is (He's 6'4") that mirrors his punch. Both are described as "Moving at speeds that make bullets in flight look like they were standing still. "

Intangibility: Enemy with Committee link demonstrates power.

Momentum Redirection: Enemy with Committee Link changes directions mid air. Ambiguous as to whether this is an application of flight or not

Lightning manipulation: Enemy with Committee Link summons "A Literal Lightning Bolt" out of the sky, and has it envelope her as she is flying toward the ground with a punch. End result is a 3 foot deep, 10 foot wide crater in the streets of 1950 New York. Thunder accompanying lightning shatters windows several blocks away. Another Committee member conjures a ball of lightning that could light up the entire eastern seaboard.

Teleportation

Object Animation: Forces Car to attack enemy. Car moves on articulated wheels like a Jungle Car and grows a mouth full of jagged metal teeth-like shards.

Portal generation: enemy with Committee Link opens up a portal to dump car-beast elsewhere in city

Cryokinesis: Enemy with Committee Link freezes Big concrete fist in a thick sheet of ice with a thought

Time manipulation: Can stop time, enemy with Committee Link restarts it.

Pyrokinesis: Summons tornado of flame hot enough to melt concrete and steel

Lava Pit: Creates 100 foot deep pit beneath enemy, which then instantly fills with Molten Rock that then erupts upward. Unclear if this is it's own power or just application of other powers. The resultant Lava geyser lasts for ten seconds, is 12 feet wide, and and rises 100 feet into the air.

Heat immunity: Enemy with Committee link survives Lava geyser completely unharmed.

Flight

Anti-Magic: Enemy with Committee Link erases anti-teleportation spell with snap of fingers. Another committee member creates an anti-magic orb that stops magic in the immediate vicinity. Orb does not work on Blood Magic

Duplication: Can create a copy of himself.

Silence: Can stop himself from making any sound.

Whiskey: Knows a spell that allows him to fill a cup with whiskey instantly.

EDIT

Remember another committee member fight, so more abilities

Force Field: Another Committee member creates a forcefield bubble around an enemy. They also create another forcefield that could produce heat intense enough to incinerate

Paralyzing drug : Same committee Member instantly fills said bubble with paralyzing liquid.

Durability: Another committee member is noted to be so tough that someone who can bench press 1000 pounds could not possibly hurt her by swinging a metal bo staff at her at millisecond speeds. It's stated that the staff would crumble like a toothpick before breaking her skin. However, said attack does manage to effect her via attacking a pressure point. She is also struck in the face by three of the below mentioned heat rays, and is staggered but only receives a slight scorch mark.

Metal Body: Another Comittee Member transforms arm into black metal to defend against Pressure point strikes.

Concussive Force Blast: Another Committee member fires a concussive force blast stated to be strong enough to pulverize steel into atoms.

Energy Sword: Demonstrated by another committee member, though Ruthers can also conjure a red, non-energy sword

Compacting Orb: Another committee Member Creates and orb that causes enough crushing force in the area in front of it to compact any organic material into a cube

metallic tentacles: Another comittee member summons metallic tentacles out of a wall

Heat rays: Another committee member creates a dozen protrusions on a wall that fire heat rays hot enough to melt steel and burn through diamond. When they converge, they stated to have "Nearly formed a miniature sun on the spot"

Diamond Spears: Another Committee member summons diamond spears from the floor.

Exploding blades: Another committee member conjures exploding daggers.

Deafening Thunderclap: Another Committee Member creates a thundercalp that deafens and disorients everyone but her.

Regeneration: Committee members can regrow limbs casually, however this can be blocked with anti-healing effects
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 09-10-2021 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Composite Bullshido User. With Yuuichiro Hanma's DNA(even purer that Yuujiro's)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Weakest character to defeat would be... dunno, Classic Thor, though his speed might not be enough, definitely anyone with the DC flying brick value pack of powers. Higher-end OPM types - Tatsumaki, Blast, Saitama would obviously obliterate him. Kenshiro can probably do it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Super speed (idk what Mach it is to move that fast in comparison to bullets) and timestop seems to set a useful limit to this. Whoever beats him has to either be fast enough to beat him before he activated it or so powerful they don’t care about his skill set (probably the higher limit to bypass looking at all that)

I dunno, I’d say Karas maybe? I don’t see what his durability/damage absorption is on that list unless I missed it
    Last edited by Postmania; 09-10-2021 at 02:30 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Super speed (idk what Mach it is to move that fast in comparison to bullets) and timestop seems to set a useful limit to this. Whoever beats him has to either be fast enough to beat him before he activated it or so powerful they don’t care about his skill set (probably the higher limit to bypass looking at all that)

I dunno, I’d say Karas maybe? I don’t see what his durability/damage absorption is on that list unless I missed it
    I'm not seeing much in telepathic protection, so I'm thinking that Maxwell Lord or Emma Frost might take him out. It's a "Can you blitz the telepaths before they take control of the body" question.

Caesar Clown? Magellan (One Piece)? They both took some shots from Luffy and were not instantly KOed. The poison might take Gabriel down.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

He can engage in physical combat with people who have the exact same powerset as him, so that's the best way to determine his physical toughness.

He's also got regeneration, likely strong but he hasn't suffered severe enough injuries on screen to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    I'm not seeing much in telepathic protection, so I'm thinking that Maxwell Lord or Emma Frost might take him out. It's a "Can you blitz the telepaths before they take control of the body" question.

Caesar Clown? Magellan (One Piece)? They both took some shots from Luffy and were not instantly KOed. The poison might take Gabriel down.
    The series runs on the "If you have strong enough willpower you can resist possession without needing a special power" as a general rule, and he's in the tier of character that's considered a bad idea to try and posess. So weaker telepaths might not cut it

Extraordinary Member

Remembered another fight, and edited the first post with more abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    He can engage in physical combat with people who have the exact same powerset as him, so that's the best way to determine his physical toughness.

He's also got regeneration, likely strong but he hasn't suffered severe enough injuries on screen to show it off.
    Looking around at feats for Karas his sword strikes can cut buildings in half. I think with his speed he should be able to do it.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie