Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 2

My guess is Norman hired Kraven to hunt down a runaway Harry/Venom

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Some PS5 games are coming to PC too you know -- like Horizon Zero Dawn, the Uncharted PS4 games.

Console Wars are always annoying because you have to back a horse and can't back out. It's different from MCU or Disney or Netflix versus Disney Plus since the cash investment to shift from one to another or get both is smaller than PC/PS5/Xbox/Nintento because only rich people can afford all 4 systems and play exclusives at once.

I personally think monopolies in video game systems is good. One console or one system should rule them all. Either we go to PC and standardize graphics systems cleanly so everyone can get on a consistent page over a series of years...or Playstation or Nintendo dominates everything.
    Horizon got ported three years after it was released on PS4. Even larger gap for the Uncharted games. Sony games are coming to PC but the wait time doesn't make it worth it.

I rather have console wars. I think console exclusives are good thing. It's the best way to get experimental games on a AAA level (I doubt we'll get any of the games produced by Japan Studio if they were third party and Death Stranding) and those games is what forms a console's identity.

Incredible Member

the fact that they're using kraven and with the black suit involved makes me think we might get a kraven last hunt inspired story
    also i hope we play as peter more than miles in the main story, give miles his own section in the main story while peters all venomised and some specific side quest where its just him being the main hero.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    the fact that they're using kraven and with the black suit involved makes me think we might get a kraven last hunt inspired story
    also i hope we play as peter more than miles in the main story, give miles his own section in the main story while peters all venomised and some specific side quest where its just him being the main hero.
    Agreed.We gave Miles an entire game where Peter wasn't present and nerfed when he was.Miles was treated better in Pete's game and he didn't even have powers.

Also everything from Venom, Harry and Osborn is Peter.Black cat and Sable who may show up are also Peter characters.Kraven is also more of a Peter thing.Same w/ NYPD and Yuri as wraith sub-plot.And his relationship w/ MJ going forward is another factor.He should be the main focus.NYC as a whole is Spider-man(Peter), Harlem is Miles.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.We gave Miles an entire game where Peter wasn't present and nerfed when he was.Miles was treated better in Pete's game and he didn't even have powers.

Also everything from Venom, Harry and Osborn is Peter.Black cat and Sable who may show up are also Peter characters.Kraven is also more of a Peter thing.Same w/ NYPD and Yuri as wraith sub-plot.And his relationship w/ MJ going forward is another factor.He should be the main focus.NYC as a whole is Spider-man(Peter), Harlem is Miles.
    What makes you think that what happened in Miles game won't carry over into Spider-Man 2? Miles mom is still a councilwoman and I'm sure the death of Phin and all the Roxxon nonsense will have ripple effects. They can always introduce new elements unique to Miles

Just a teaser but it's nice for confirmation on what was assumed. Big hopes for intersecting story lines and some tag team missions. What I can gather from the trailer is Parker's skill tree is going to focus more in on Gadgets and Tech augmentations (Almost Superior Spider-like) While Morales' will hone Venom and cloak abilities. Looks real promising.

Video games aren't like 20 page Floppies, or movies that like to clock in at 2 hours. The new media is much more long form. You could easily tell a satisfying story for multiple protagonist without having to 'diminish' another. Also the game taking place entirely in Manhattan again would be a bit of a disappointment. I'm hoping the other boroughs like Brooklyn, Queens, Stanton Island, maybe even Jersey get used.

As for villains, Starling (Tiana Toomes) is already confirmed to exist in the Insomni-verse(?) from that prequel book to S:MM. It wouldn't be a stretch to add the likes of The Bombshells, Techno-Golem, Frost Pharaoh, or maybe even Quantum and The Assessor (Those last two are probably a bit too big/distracting from the Venom/Kraven plot though, maybe next game.)

More than anything I want to see some representation from other Heroes in Marvel outside the occasional reference. I know the original plan was to tie PS4 to the Avengers game, but that games poor reception probably spurred Sony to go it alone. The two games doing so well is probably want prompted Disney to give Insomniac the Wolverine license.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Also I never knew I wanted Pete to have a partner but the way Miles is portrayed in the games and his relationship with Pete is amazing (pun intended)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    My guess is Norman hired Kraven to hunt down a runaway Harry/Venom
    That's quite plausible.

Or alternatively, Kraven is now a Eastern European PMC similar to Silver Sable's outfit roped into the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Also I never knew I wanted Pete to have a partner but the way Miles is portrayed in the games and his relationship with Pete is amazing (pun intended)
    To date, Miles introduction through this game, followed by the Spiderverse Movie, is my favorite introduction of Miles. I love the dynamic of his friendship with Peter in these past two games.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    To date, Miles introduction through this game, followed by the Spiderverse Movie, is my favorite introduction of Miles. I love the dynamic of his friendship with Peter in these past two games.
    Exactly!

He's not a bratty teen or forces himself into Pete's life (for example in the very opening of the game when he sees the Spidey mural with Pete, hack writers would have had him sulk and be upset that he isn't up there but his reaction to it was so heartwarming which paid off dividends in the ending) nor is he a complete idiot getting himself into trouble.

Miles is actually portrayed as a competent kid, with a good head on his shoulders and I love that Pete is like a cool older brother to him

I love this Miles so much and I cannot wait for part two to come out

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    This isn't the comics, it doesn't have to adhere to the status quo of only Peter being the main Spider-Man of focus, upcoming storyline notwithstanding since its bound to be temporary. This universe is built around having 2 Spider-Men, I seriously doubt they would have taken Miles on and told his origin and story if he was just going to take a back seat to Peter in the games, they can both be equally as important as the other. This favouritism stuff ain't going to work here since obviously Insomniac doesn't do that with them.
    Last edited by GSman; 09-10-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What makes you think that what happened in Miles game won't carry over into Spider-Man 2? Miles mom is still a councilwoman and I'm sure the death of Phin and all the Roxxon nonsense will have ripple effects. They can always introduce new elements unique to Miles
    I feel like narratively Miles' stuff was pretty much entirely resolved in his own game, but they could probably introduce new stuff if they want but I feel like the narrative core of the game will probably be the Osborn/Venom stuff (which is more relevant to Peter).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Just a teaser but it's nice for confirmation on what was assumed. Big hopes for intersecting story lines and some tag team missions. What I can gather from the trailer is Parker's skill tree is going to focus more in on Gadgets and Tech augmentations (Almost Superior Spider-like) While Morales' will hone Venom and cloak abilities. Looks real promising.
    The Spider legs are definitely very Superior...which was also one of the only alt suits they never used in the base game.
    Video games aren't like 20 page Floppies, or movies that like to clock in at 2 hours. The new media is much more long form. You could easily tell a satisfying story for multiple protagonist without having to 'diminish' another. Also the game taking place entirely in Manhattan again would be a bit of a disappointment. I'm hoping the other boroughs like Brooklyn, Queens, Stanton Island, maybe even Jersey get used.
    Lord knows the amount of times Miles has been diminished in anything where Peter was the main character before.
    As for villains, Starling (Tiana Toomes) is already confirmed to exist in the Insomni-verse(?) from that prequel book to S:MM. It wouldn't be a stretch to add the likes of The Bombshells, Techno-Golem, Frost Pharaoh, or maybe even Quantum and The Assessor (Those last two are probably a bit too big/distracting from the Venom/Kraven plot though, maybe next game.)
    Since this isn't spinoff game this would be a good chance to introduce more of Miles' original villains for him to play around with since they have enough budget to put more villains in.

Although at the same time I feel like the "name" Rogues would probably take precedent. Like Mysterio or Lizard who I am expecting will both show up.

But it probably depends on how they handle the story developing.
    More than anything I want to see some representation from other Heroes in Marvel outside the occasional reference. I know the original plan was to tie PS4 to the Avengers game, but that games poor reception probably spurred Sony to go it alone. The two games doing so well is probably want prompted Disney to give Insomniac the Wolverine license.
    I don't think we'll see any guest heroes. At best maybe someone from Wolverine's game to set that up and maybe follow up with Taskmaster.

I guess if anyone I would like to see Johnny Storm turn up or to have Peter at least talk about him.
    I'm curious if this game will be able to finally sell me on the idea of Spider-Man having a partner with the exact same codename as him.
    Exactly!

He's not a bratty teen or forces himself into Pete's life (for example in the very opening of the game when he sees the Spidey mural with Pete, hack writers would have had him sulk and be upset that he isn't up there but his reaction to it was so heartwarming which paid off dividends in the ending) nor is he a complete idiot getting himself into trouble.

Miles is actually portrayed as a competent kid, with a good head on his shoulders and I love that Pete is like a cool older brother to him

I love this Miles so much and I cannot wait for part two to come out
    Making him a Spider-Man fanboy who gets to be his idols' partner after getting the same powers ala Wally West definitely let him fit more into a collective Spider-Man narrative compared to Miles' traditional solo origin. I think they made him a little too Peter-like in some respects (dead parent, single mom, science, etc.) but it improved in his own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    This isn't the comics, it doesn't have to adhere to the status quo of only Peter being the main Spider-Man of focus, upcoming storyline notwithstanding since its bound to be temporary. This universe is built around having 2 Spider-Men, I seriously doubt they would have taken Miles on and told his origin and story if he was just going to take a back seat to Peter in the games, they can both be equally as important as the other. This favouritism stuff ain't going to work here since obviously Insomniac doesn't do that with them.
    I was expecting they'd handle it in the comics where they both co-exist and just have their own independent adventures, although I feel like Peter will ultimately still be the main Spider-Man.

Amazing Member

Please don't be like the first game.

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping the gameplay is similar to GTA where you can switch between Peter and Miles whenever you want.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the title "Spider-Man 2" is a bit of a double entendre. Two Spider-Men and all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I'm hoping the gameplay is similar to GTA where you can switch between Peter and Miles whenever you want.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the title "Spider-Man 2" is a bit of a double entendre. Two Spider-Men and all.
    The way the teaser is structured, it makes me wonder if Venom may end up playable as well. Add another new gameplay wrinkle.