Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 2

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's quite plausible.

Or alternatively, Kraven is now a Eastern European PMC similar to Silver Sable's outfit roped into the story.
    Kraven as an Eastern European PMC kind of reminds me of Marvel Universe: Millennial Visions 2001's cyberpunk-inspired take on Spider-Man, which had Kraven running a bounty hunter firm that Norman Osborn hired to go after Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The way the teaser is structured, it makes me wonder if Venom may end up playable as well. Add another new gameplay wrinkle.
    Good point.

The way the teaser is structured, it makes me wonder if Venom may end up playable as well. Add another new gameplay wrinkle.
    There is that, but I don't think we can rule out the possibility of Symbiote costumes.

Like, they have to fit in the Black Suit in some form unless they pull again from the Ultimate cartoon where it's a form Venom initially takes to emulate Spider-Man before it transforms into the more traditional look.

Come to think of it this might be the first time Venom has had a different voice than its host.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    This isn't the comics, it doesn't have to adhere to the status quo of only Peter being the main Spider-Man of focus, upcoming storyline notwithstanding since its bound to be temporary. This universe is built around having 2 Spider-Men, I seriously doubt they would have taken Miles on and told his origin and story if he was just going to take a back seat to Peter in the games, they can both be equally as important as the other. This favouritism stuff ain't going to work here since obviously Insomniac doesn't do that with them.
    im not saying he should only playable in a minor way. i loved the miles game. i want him to do cool things in the main story. i want him to be able to continue plot points from his game and maybe set up a sequel. but i also want this game to be a sequel to peters story from the first game and most of the main plot to focus on him.
    i was lucky enough to get a ps5 earlier in the year and played the new ratchet and clank insominac made that had two main characters, and honestly of the two you played as ratchet less than the new female lead. she was a good character and i liked her, but i would have liked to play as ratchet more. that's my one concern with this upcoming game with two playable spider men

That would be nice. Or at least make some DLC campaign with Venom. We know he can be fun to play if done right, Ultimate Spider-Man game proved so.

Extraordinary Member

People speculate we'll see Venom Kraven?I can see it.

Peter gets the suit after him and Miles defeat Harry, he goes out control.Kraven has been hunting them the entire time, but w/ the suit he takes him down and starts to kill him.Then Miles tries and stop him, maybe w/ Sable for help and get's beat up, Peter horrified manages to snap out of it.
    Kraven gets the symbiote to get an edge up, they overwhelm Pete.Miles shows up and they take him down.Osborn is teased as Goblin, and Peter MJ get engaged.The End.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I hope they will take inspiration from Zdarsky’s Life Story. He really found a cool way to mix the Symbiote Saga with Kraven’s Last Hunt.

I do wonder if Venom having a distinct voice will lead to some kind of mystery as to who exactly has the Symbiote, because maybe Harry is too obvious.

I also wonder if Eddie Brock is finally going to show up.

I wonder how the story will work between Peter and Miles. Two playable protagonists can be tricky, the first game was almost entirely from Peter's point of view.

Not saying it's a bad thing to have both Peter and Miles, I just hope this won't affect the gameplay in a bad way.

Again, I will compare it to USM game, both Venom and Spider-Man worked well, but the story was presented in pieces, for both characters not really interacting much - only in crucial moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder if Venom having a distinct voice will lead to some kind of mystery as to who exactly has the Symbiote, because maybe Harry is too obvious.

I also wonder if Eddie Brock is finally going to show up.
    yeah he was mentioned in the backpack easter eggs
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

i hope we see sandman, mysterio, lizard, green goblin and maybe mobius. unsure who else they will pull
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I wonder how the story will work between Peter and Miles. Two playable protagonists can be tricky, the first game was almost entirely from Peter's point of view.

Not saying it's a bad thing to have both Peter and Miles, I just hope this won't affect the gameplay in a bad way.

Again, I will compare it to USM game, both Venom and Spider-Man worked well, but the story was presented in pieces, for both characters not really interacting much - only in crucial moments.
    I'm wondering if Peter and Miles means no MJ stealth missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i hope we see sandman, mysterio, lizard, green goblin and maybe mobius. unsure who else they will pull
    Connors was shown at the end of Miles' game working on Harry with Norman. I think we're definitely going to see him transform into The Lizard here.

Mysterio I think is likely because of FFH and he's a big name.

I think they're going to save Gobby for the 3rd game to close out the trilogy. That way each main game has at least one of the Big Three headlining it.

Haven't played Miles Morales yet, but maybe Miles will be a more stealthy Spidey? I mean he's got camouflage - I don't know how he played in his game, but in "2" it could be a nice change of pace.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I hope they will take inspiration from Zdarsky’s Life Story. He really found a cool way to mix the Symbiote Saga with Kraven’s Last Hunt.
    Yeah, that was a very interesting (and compelling) twist on both of those arcs.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I can see Jackyl if they try to do a side mission with clones or set up another sequel with Scarlet Spider.

Kingpin's son (Princepin lol) to get revenge, if Kraven's in then maybe Calypso, a spider mission fakeout with Chameleon, Norman and Gwen's son Gabe lol, and then theres Kindred