Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I can see Jackyl if they try to do a side mission with clones or set up another sequel with Scarlet Spider.

Kingpin's son (Princepin lol) to get revenge, if Kraven's in then maybe Calypso, a spider mission fakeout with Chameleon, Norman and Gwen's son Gabe lol, and then theres Kindred
    The developers haven't said if Gwen exists in this universe or not. If they introduce her I really doubt they would incorporate anything from Sin's Past. And Kindred wouldn't make sense since Harry is Venom in Spider-Man 2.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It could be a fake out and Harry might never actually become Venom.

Say, perhaps, Peter finds where Harry is, sees the lab and breaks him out which is what unleashes the venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It could be a fake out and Harry might never actually become Venom.

Say, perhaps, Peter finds where Harry is, sees the lab and breaks him out which is what unleashes the venom.
    I think the fact that Venom has a distinct voice means it might be a mystery initially who Venom is.

I wonder if "The Hunt" will be a major theme of the game.
    Kraven is a hunter after all, Spider-Man would be it's pray, and Venom still is a Predator-type of character. Also, Venom sounds like he could be either an ally for Kraven, or a challenge to him.

What other characters do we have that fit the hunting theme? Lizard comes to my mind, maybe Puma?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I wonder if "The Hunt" will be a major theme of the game.
    Kraven is a hunter after all, Spider-Man would be it's pray, and Venom still is a Predator-type of character. Also, Venom sounds like he could be either an ally for Kraven, or a challenge to him.

What other characters do we have that fit the hunting theme? Lizard comes to my mind, maybe Puma?
    Spider-Slayers?

I have been telling myself that I won't get a PS5. It's expensive and I don't play much videogames nowadays... but that trailer is a strong argument in favor of getting a PS5. Well, I guess I'm going to save some money... just in case
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The first Spider-man game was the sole reason I bought a PS4 (but not the last PS4 game I ended up getting) and seems like Spider-man 2 may do the same for PS5

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Slayers?
    Maybe OsCorp has Smythe develop the Spider-Slayers once Norman goes full-born against Spider-Man.

But I think that would be saved for a third game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I have been telling myself that I won't get a PS5. It's expensive and I don't play much videogames nowadays... but that trailer is a strong argument in favor of getting a PS5. Well, I guess I'm going to save some money... just in case
    Sony these days are bringing their banner games to PC (masterpieces like Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Uncharted games, and a leak today from GeForce confirmed God of War), so if you wait for a few years the Spider-Man games might come to PC.

Or it might come on Cloud on PlayStation-Now. I used PSNow to play The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, and the PS3 Uncharted games on a weeklong free trial...one of the best times of my life, fleecing Sony for free and playing their banner games in a single fell-swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe OsCorp has Smythe develop the Spider-Slayers once Norman goes full-born against Spider-Man.

But I think that would be saved for a third game.
    In the Spider-Man 1 (2002) movie tie-in game, Oscorp does deploy Robot drones against Peter, that are kind-of like the Spider Slayers (they are shaped like Slayers) and also has a giant mecha in a factory and so on. So there's precedent for that with VG-Spider-Man.

In the Spider-Man 1 (2002) movie tie-in game, Oscorp does deploy Robot drones against Peter, that are kind-of like the Spider Slayers (they are shaped like Slayers) and also has a giant mecha in a factory and so on. So there's precedent for that with VG-Spider-Man.
    The first ASM tie-in game also had Smythe at OsCorp as the Big Bad who ends up developing the Spider-Slayers over the course of the games' plot.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The first ASM tie-in game also had Smythe at OsCorp as the Big Bad who ends up developing the Spider-Slayers over the course of the games' plot.
    On top of that, most of the rogues gallery from ASM 1 game are based on animals. Inclusing well known characters like Rhino, Scorpion, and Lizard and lesser known ones such as Iguana and Vermin.

Pretty much the entire premise of ASM 1 was that all genetic galleries that Oscorp was developing was escaped so Smythe develeoped slayers to hunt them and Spider-Man down.

Sony these days are bringing their banner games to PC (masterpieces like Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Uncharted games, and a leak today from GeForce confirmed God of War), so if you wait for a few years the Spider-Man games might come to PC.

Or it might come on Cloud on PlayStation-Now. I used PSNow to play The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, and the PS3 Uncharted games on a weeklong free trial...one of the best times of my life, fleecing Sony for free and playing their banner games in a single fell-swoop.

I don't own a pc gamer, and I doubt I will own one in the next few years. In my current pc, I bareley managed to run Resident Evil 7 with everything at its lowest. But I don't care to wait a few years after its release to play Spider-Man 2
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I don't own a pc gamer, and I doubt I will own one in the next few years. In my current pc, I bareley managed to run Resident Evil 7 with everything at its lowest. But I don't care to wait a few years after its release to play Spider-Man 2
    That makes sense, when you break it down, a PS5 is a better investment than PC hardware and the investment from updating from one console to the next is about the same as upgrading your hardware.

It's just that over-time your entry level PC gets good enough to play just about anything. My old laptop had no graphics card and it ran 2000s era stuff like Half Life 2 like a dream when at the time HL-2 was a graphically advanced game.

Whereas that's not true for consoles where often times you don't have backwards compatibility and there's really no such thing as an "entry level console".

That makes sense, when you break it down, a PS5 is a better investment than PC hardware and the investment from updating from one console to the next is about the same as upgrading your hardware.

It's just that over-time your entry level PC gets good enough to play just about anything. My old laptop had no graphics card and it ran 2000s era stuff like Half Life 2 like a dream when at the time HL-2 was a graphically advanced game.

Whereas that's not true for consoles where often times you don't have backwards compatibility and there's really no such thing as an "entry level console".
    You're right. My current pc, which is a notebook, is more than 5 years old, and it can still run games like RE7, which I never imagined it could handle.

With consoles, I like that, once I buy it, I can stop worrying about it. I'm lucky enough to never have required to repair any of my Playstations (1 -which I gave away years ago-, 2, 3 and 4), while I have had troubles with the different computers I have owned in my life. That, plus having to worry about the latest hardware and technical things I don't know about is way too much to me

Also, a console has a psychological effect on me: it's to play and have fun, but my computer is not just to have fun, but to study and work too, so it's not as relaxing
    Last edited by Chubistian; 09-13-2021 at 08:29 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpidermanPS...tm_name=iossmf

As always take with a grain of salt but here’s some hints about what SM2 might be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/