Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Imo, the only misses of the leaks are:

No steve Blum- I get that Insomniac likes to create a unique voice but damn.. I have seen videos with the voice actor and he doesn't sound that bad.. Pretty hit/miss

Love interest- he's in japan, fighting the hand. I don't get why they used jean grey when mariko is right there, but its whatever at this point.

release date- 2026

also, the footage of the game is pre alpha, im 10000% sure they would add more gore, dismemberment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Imo, the only misses of the leaks are:

No steve Blum- I get that Insomniac likes to create a unique voice but damn.. I have seen videos with the voice actor and he doesn't sound that bad.. Pretty hit/miss

Love interest- he's in japan, fighting the hand. I don't get why they used jean grey when mariko is right there, but its whatever at this point.

release date- 2026

also, the footage of the game is pre alpha, im 10000% sure they would add more gore, dismemberment etc.
    Game is probably going to look way better. A lot of animations are lacking, to say the least.

As for the plot... there's so many stuff that could be improved. All of a sudden Sinister is the bad guy responsible for Weapon-X, Marauders and Sentinels. Couldn't they make 2 bad guys there? Maybe government with Sentinels, and then their threat level increases on the second game or something... kind of a lazy writing, in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Game is probably going to look way better. A lot of animations are lacking, to say the least.

As for the plot... there's so many stuff that could be improved. All of a sudden Sinister is the bad guy responsible for Weapon-X, Marauders and Sentinels. Couldn't they make 2 bad guys there? Maybe government with Sentinels, and then their threat level increases on the second game or something... kind of a lazy writing, in my opinion.
    It could also work if he merely had a "finger in every pie" so to speak, rather than being the mastermind behind all of those things. Having been involved in those and stealing data, informations and knowledge or finding sponsorship for his own experiments and plans, but ultimately only cruising on other peoples efforts until he can put his own in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Very, Very true. I had all faith in Walt Williams but im sure it's not 100% his fault.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The Cyclops fanbase be acting weird as hell when it comes to Jean. Most seem to prefer Emma anyway(from what I've seen), yet they get kinda possessive whenever the idea of Jean being with someone else is entertained. Whether it be Logan, Bishop, or that dude Ted.
    Cyke fans are hilarious to me, and as a fan of Jean the irony of how possessive they are over her yet take EVERY opportunity to disparage her. Even their love for Emma isn't about Emma, it's about Scott and how it benefits HIM. I don't think I've ever heard someone speak of Scemma positively without the need to attack Jott.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Jean being in the game has gone down like a lead balloon on socials.

It really should have been Nightcrawler, instead we get white bread.

Outside of a select few it wouldn't have mattered who it was, but it is going to be fun watching the visceral hyper emotional reactions to the news. Speaking, objectively she gives a completely different play style and more bang for your buck imo in regards to what your paying for. But again that's my opinion going to be a fun next year.

BANNED

People have conducted a social-media-wide poll for reactions to Jean Grey being in this game?

lol

The Cyclops fanbase be acting weird as hell when it comes to Jean. Most seem to prefer Emma anyway(from what I've seen), yet they get kinda possessive whenever the idea of Jean being with someone else is entertained. Whether it be Logan, Bishop, or that dude Ted.
    It's not even just about Jean.

spoilers:
    Sinister is more of a Summers family villain.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The back and forth between fanbases is tiring. I don't think any fanbase is a collective hivemind. There's going to be differing opinions. Bad eggs among them.

I'd just focus on the positives. As for the game, I'm going to wait until official stuff pops up. The leaks don't really say much about the final product. I just hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I'm surprised they went there.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Anti-woman, Tim Pool-watching dudes online are nothing compared to dislike toward a character from within the creatives at the company itself lol.

Jean has to deal with enough wack taste in the comics, so enjoyment of a little shine on the games side should not be interfered with. Let the weird gremlins entertain you and beyond that, ignore them. The game is likely to be great, which would be good for Jean, regardless of gamergate and "alpha"-obsessed boys mad online lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Well, that guy got shoehorned into Logan's origins(in the sequel to the Origins story) in the comics already so it's not like the game's narrative is that far off. He was even the end boss in Deadpool's game and those 2 haven't ever interacted as far as I know. I just look at it as a different universe like how in the Spider-man games when Miles becomes a Spider-Man before Norman becomes the Green Goblin and Mary Jane being a reporter instead of a model/actress.

Marvel Girl is cool and all, but this game would’ve been the shit if they used Storm instead.

Well, that guy got shoehorned into Logan's origins(in the sequel to the Origins story) in the comics already so it's not like the game's narrative is that far off. He was even the end boss in Deadpool's game and those 2 haven't ever interacted as far as I know. I just look at it as a different universe like how in the Spider-man games when Miles becomes a Spider-Man before Norman becomes the Green Goblin and Mary Jane being a reporter instead of a model/actress.
    That's not exactly selling it. It was, like, one of Gillen's weakest books.

I guess it's just not easy to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to certain characters and their stories even as a fan of Insomniac's Spider-Man games (Reporter MJ was a waste tho).

Honestly, other characters stealing Cyclops' villains/stories is fair after he stole the Phoenix from Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Honestly, other characters stealing Cyclops' villains/stories is fair after he stole the Phoenix from Jean
    Repeatedly stole it!

Logan too, which is why it's good Jean gets to steal his video game in return.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The back and forth between fanbases is tiring. I don't think any fanbase is a collective hivemind. There's going to be differing opinions. Bad eggs among them.
    Agreed. Ultimately, we’re all fans of the same franchise even if we prefer different pairings, characters, stories, etc. There’s no reason to attack other fans just because there’s disagreement or debate.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."