Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I hope this game opens the doors for a new, full X-Men game down the line. I pray all the mistakes made with GOTG and Avengers lead to enlightenment and awareness of what went wrong and how to make a successful videogame with high-profile superhero teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I hope this game opens the doors for a new, full X-Men game down the line. I pray all the mistakes made with GOTG and Avengers lead to enlightenment and awareness of what went wrong and how to make a successful videogame with high-profile superhero teams.
    To be fair, I think GOTG did a single player team game really well, and it’s financial failure was due to the bad taste of Avengers from the same studio. The team interacted really well, story was engaging and emotional, gameplay was fun (a bit repetitive though), environments looked great and made me want to see more!

The only thing I think they’d need to work out for an X-Men game is how to let you play as all characters in a satisfying way! For me at least

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    To be fair, I think GOTG did a single player team game really well, and it’s financial failure was due to the bad taste of Avengers from the same studio. The team interacted really well, story was engaging and emotional, gameplay was fun (a bit repetitive though), environments looked great and made me want to see more!

The only thing I think they’d need to work out for an X-Men game is how to let you play as all characters in a satisfying way! For me at least
    Yeah I read very good reviews of GOTG and I plan on playing it once I get my new gaming PC. I was more concerned about its commercial failure, and Avengers', scaring studios off super teams in favour of solo characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah I read very good reviews of GOTG and I plan on playing it once I get my new gaming PC. I was more concerned about its commercial failure, and Avengers', scaring studios off super teams in favour of solo characters.
    I hope you enjoy it when you get the opportunity to play it!

Yeah, I know what you mean - hopefully Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad will do great both commercially and critically as I think that’s the next superhero team game coming out. It’ll be interesting to see how they work out team gameplay, as I think that’s the biggest hurdle to overcome in these games, and I’m not a big fan of the Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends 4 character switch gameplay.

With Sony's Spider-Man and Miles Morales games being ported to PC this year, I'm hopeful the same will happen with Wolvie's game eventually :loveemoji:

Any body here have hopes for who you’d want to play Logan?

I’m not super into video games so am unsure about current popular voice/mo cap actors, but Richard Armitage pleasantly surprised me with his portrayal of the character in the podcast series, so I’d be pretty excited to see him get a chance?

BANNED

I was hoping we did get answers with this June's E3 showcase but it seemed like Sony has surprisingly withdraw from their showcase. Hopefully we get some answers by next few months.
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-07-2022 at 10:29 AM.

I’m not super into video games so am unsure about current popular voice/mo cap actors, but Richard Armitage pleasantly surprised me with his portrayal of the character in the podcast series, so I’d be pretty excited to see him get a chance?
    I'd like to hear Steve Blum play him again but they'll probably go with someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to hear Steve Blum play him again but they'll probably go with someone new.
    I feel bad for Steve Blum, his tenure as Wolverine really ended up fizzling out due to the anti X-Men sentiment at marvel post 2010!

I do think they’ll go for someone new, like how Spider-Man had a completely new actor for the character

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I was hoping we did get answers with this June's E3 showcase but it seemed like Sony has surprisingly withdraw from their showcase. Hopefully we get some answers by next few months.
    Sony hasn't been at E3 for the last few years. Lately they have foregone doing trade shows in favor of their own events and state of play

I feel bad for Steve Blum, his tenure as Wolverine really ended up fizzling out due to the anti X-Men sentiment at marvel post 2010!

I do think they’ll go for someone new, like how Spider-Man had a completely new actor for the character
    Well, technically Yuri played Spidey in a Spider-Man Unlimited Mobile game but probably nobody remembers that .

Steve Blum or Cal Dodd either are perfect, or super long shot here, Hugh Jackman, also perfect.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Steve and Hugh ARE Wolverine to me. Either one would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Steve Blum or Cal Dodd either are perfect, or super long shot here, Hugh Jackman, also perfect.
    Haha Cal Dodd would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Steve and Hugh ARE Wolverine to me. Either one would be amazing.
    I think I’m happy to leave Hugh’s tenure at Logan (2017) - though I’d love a re-release of the X-Men Origins game for that version’s sake!

It might be nice to have a new iconic Wolverine after being out of the limelight for so long!