Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    The thing is so many characters could lead their own games, it’s just unfortunate that they aren’t in the public eye - a lot of studios probably wouldn’t risk a game on someone without them being in the public’s mind
    Some day Glob will have his time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wolverine had solo games in the past so I don't see this as a springboard for an X-Men game.
    I think it’s a fair assumption that characters used in this game may become popular enough to warrant their own games. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were attempting to build things up piece by piece a la the MCU. Not to mention, wolvie’s solo games in the past came out at the same time as X-Men games were (Mutant Academy and X-Men Legends came just before and just after Wolverine’s revenge and I think X Men Destiny came after Origins?).

The fact is, up until about 2010 the X-Men brand was fairly well marketed, then it just became the movies, which overall soured the public’s opinion I think. A Wolverine game is, to me, the start of X-Men being propelled into the public consciousness again. We won’t know for sure til it’s out, but it seems pretty clear to me

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I think it’s a fair assumption that characters used in this game may become popular enough to warrant their own games. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were attempting to build things up piece by piece a la the MCU. Not to mention, wolvie’s solo games in the past came out at the same time as X-Men games were (Mutant Academy and X-Men Legends came just before and just after Wolverine’s revenge and I think X Men Destiny came after Origins?).

The fact is, up until about 2010 the X-Men brand was fairly well marketed, then it just became the movies, which overall soured the public’s opinion I think. A Wolverine game is, to me, the start of X-Men being propelled into the public consciousness again. We won’t know for sure til it’s out, but it seems pretty clear to me
    Miles Morales was able to get his own game because Insomiac build that up from the start. They'll have to do the same with Wolverine to make that possible. Say if Jubilee or Laura joined him in whatever he's doing I can see them having their own games.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Miles Morales was able to get his own game because Insomiac build that up from the start. They'll have to do the same with Wolverine to make that possible. Say if Jubilee or Laura joined him in whatever he's doing I can see them having their own games.
    Correct, but that’s what I’m saying - if characters are included like that then I’m sure that will happen. But even if not, I really doubt Marvel will stop at Wolverine when it comes to the X-Men IP. Clearly it’s the first one (unless another developer announced an X game that comes out sooner). All I’m saying is that this is the beginning of X-Men being marketed, and at the moment, their is a possibility of further X based games stemming from this game (be it Insomniac or not)

Ultimate Member

I think, outside of Wolverine and Deadpool, other X-Men would work better in a team setting in video games. If they're viewed as not easily marketable on their own by developers and companies, having multiple in one game would mitigate that

BANNED

I don't understand the Wolvie hate lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I can understand why fans of other heroes feel he's overexposed while others are underexposed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can understand why fans of other heroes feel he's overexposed while others are underexposed
    It's like...mental though. He is hardly ever centered in the X-Men narratives. Not to gaslight, but people are kinda making that up lol. It's all in their heads.

As for this game in particular, if they are going to pick one X-character, of course they are going to pick the one most people like. It's not as if there are a series of games where other characters have been ignored for Wolverine.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm rather interested in the identity of the main villain for the game. If there is one. Any rumors? Hopes?

As for hoping for an X-Men game, we should be thankful. Square Enix would most likely be the developer and we would have an Avengers 2.0 game situation.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-10-2021 at 11:10 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Honestly, it's only because he's part of X-Men. If Logan was a character that wasn't linked to the X-Men, but still popular, I don't think anyone would mind. After all, you don't see Batman and Spider-Man getting called over exposed. It's because a lot of X fans have other favourites who they think deserve more attention than him in the same franchise. I also understand that for a while in the mid 2000s he was literally everywhere, but that's calmed down a lot over the last ten years or so.

I get where the anti Wolverine sentiment comes from lol, but I think it's pretty much limited to X-Men fans, which is unfortunate really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm rather interested in the identity of the main villain for the game. If there is one. Any rumors? Hopes?

As for hoping for an X-Men game, we should be thankful. Square Enix would most likely be the developer and we would have an Avengers 2.0 game situation.
    Sabertooth is probably the safest bet, but they may build him up for a second game like Green Goblin? Lady Deathstrike would be cool although she was the main villain in Wolverine's Revenge back in the day. Ogun or Silver Samurai could be cool. Personally I'm hoping for Omega Red. He could be a very cool visual villain, and doesn't just have blades like a lot of Logan's rogues gallery. What I'd really love them to do though is throw in a complete wild card like Doctor Rot or something. Gorgon could be cool. If it's set in Madripoor I reckon we could expect Bloodscream and Roughouse lol. I also want a DLC or something that's a Hulk mission.

As for an X-Men game, I'll wait and see how GotG is before I completely write off Square Enix, just because i think they realise how much they messed up with Avengers. My only problem with team games is that they're so difficult to get right. I admit I'm not an expert gamer so I don't know accurate this is, but I feel like team games have to follow the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance formula to be satisfying, but they haven't found a way to make them feel cutting edge since they were released back in the day. MUA 3 was fun, but gameplay wise was very standard.

X-Men deserve the very best if they were to get a team game, and I hope some studios have some inventive ways of making that happen!

I’m hoping for lots of villains including Sabretooth (obviously), Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Cyber, Wendigo, The Hand, Silver Samurai, Mystique… maybe even the Hulk. And some kind of lesser known ones like Ogun perhaps.

Weapon X (or Plus) could possibly be involved. Would be rad seeing The World facility and Fantomex, along with a bunch of Super-Sentinels like Ultimaton as villains. Really this game could get as crazy as they want it to! So much possibility. Much less limited than a Spider-man game in terms of locales and potential villains, because you have all the broader X-men villains to draw from too. For example, Bastion and his Prime Sentinels could be a part of it. They were major foes of Logan’s when he headed up the previous incarnation of X-Force. He could go to the Savage Land and fight Sauron. Stuff like that.

BANNED

Yeah Sabretooth could be the main villain in game but my personal preference will be Silver Samurai or the Reavers. I would love to see Yuriko and Pierce teaming up for this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m hoping for lots of villains including Sabretooth (obviously), Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Cyber, Wendigo, The Hand, Silver Samurai, Mystique… maybe even the Hulk. And some kind of lesser known ones like Ogun perhaps.

Weapon X (or Plus) could possibly be involved. Would be rad seeing The World facility and Fantomex, along with a bunch of Super-Sentinels like Ultimaton as villains. Really this game could get as crazy as they want it to! So much possibility. Much less limited than a Spider-man game in terms of locales and potential villains, because you have all the broader X-men villains to draw from too. For example, Bastion and his Prime Sentinels could be a part of it. They were major foes of Logan’s when he headed up the previous incarnation of X-Force. He could go to the Savage Land and fight Sauron. Stuff like that.
    I think Weapon X is also a safe bet for them in making this story of the game but Sabretooth will most likely be main antagonist. I want to see Reavers and it would be cool if they have a scene where he is crucified

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yeah Sabretooth could be the main villain in game but my personal preference will be Silver Samurai or the Reavers. I would love to see Yuriko and Pierce teaming up for this.
    Reavers and Deathstrike would actually be fab

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- As overexposed as Wolverine is, he probably makes the most sense for a full-fledged console game about short of doing a full-on X-Men game. I mean, it's not even his first solo game (X2: Wolverine's Revenge and the X-Men Origins tie-in game). The latter was actually one of the better received movie tie-in games and I imagine we'll probably see something like that.

- I fully expect we will see plenty of guest stars, both X-Men and otherwise, considering Logan's long list of associates.

- The trailer shows Logan in civvies so I'm wondering what his visual in the game will be. I mean, chances are you'll probably have tons of costumes or skins, but maybe they'll come up with an original Wolverine costume like they did for Spider-Man.

- Will this tie-in with Insomniac's Spider-Man game? Could we get a Wolverine and Spider-Man team-up?

- I wonder what the plot will be. The traditional Wolverine vs. Weapon X story with Sabertooth as a recurring boss?

- Will we have an open world like Spider-Man that you travel around on Logan's bike? Or will it just be level after level with maybe a hub like the X-Mansion?

- I wonder if they'll get Steve Blum back to play Logan or go for someone new. Blum's been playing Wolverine in games for over a decade now, I think.
    You raise some interesting �� questions. I think a team up between Spidey and Wolvie would be great but I hope it's self contained and concrete. An open world for Logan is Madripoor oof that will be awesome