Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Marvel’s Wolverine (Insomniac)

Excited to see how they do on this after doing such a great job with Spider-Man.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hope this takes some cues from the Wolverine Origins game. Probably the only good thing that ever came from that movie. I also hope this is in continuity with their Spider-Man game

I doubt it will be as R rated as that one but sure. Curious what the plot would be - Marvel seems to love legacy in their games so I could see Laura or Daken as a support character. It would also be awesome if this could lead to other solo games for other X-Men who don’t typically get a look in. Games for Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Storm, Kitty Pryde and Jean Grey would all be amazing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The only other X-Man I can see carrying a solo game would be Deadpool and maybe Gambit.

Ultimate Member

I am so excited for this Wolverine game.

Insomniac have thus far done excellently well with Spider-man, it'll be so cool to play in the X-men side of things with the most popular character from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The only other X-Man I can see carrying a solo game would be Deadpool and maybe Gambit.
    Well maybe they could make a team game with a nice selection of mutants. Deadpool got his solo game quite a while ago now. If Insomniac could make a series of solo X-Men games though of the same length as Miles, that might be interesting.

Thoughts:

- As overexposed as Wolverine is, he probably makes the most sense for a full-fledged console game about short of doing a full-on X-Men game. I mean, it's not even his first solo game (X2: Wolverine's Revenge and the X-Men Origins tie-in game). The latter was actually one of the better received movie tie-in games and I imagine we'll probably see something like that.

- I fully expect we will see plenty of guest stars, both X-Men and otherwise, considering Logan's long list of associates.

- The trailer shows Logan in civvies so I'm wondering what his visual in the game will be. I mean, chances are you'll probably have tons of costumes or skins, but maybe they'll come up with an original Wolverine costume like they did for Spider-Man.

- Will this tie-in with Insomniac's Spider-Man game? Could we get a Wolverine and Spider-Man team-up?

- I wonder what the plot will be. The traditional Wolverine vs. Weapon X story with Sabertooth as a recurring boss?

- Will we have an open world like Spider-Man that you travel around on Logan's bike? Or will it just be level after level with maybe a hub like the X-Mansion?

- I wonder if they'll get Steve Blum back to play Logan or go for someone new. Blum's been playing Wolverine in games for over a decade now, I think.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cable could too I think.