Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Marvel’s Wolverine (Insomniac)

Excited to see how they do on this after doing such a great job with Spider-Man.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hope this takes some cues from the Wolverine Origins game. Probably the only good thing that ever came from that movie. I also hope this is in continuity with their Spider-Man game

I doubt it will be as R rated as that one but sure. Curious what the plot would be - Marvel seems to love legacy in their games so I could see Laura or Daken as a support character. It would also be awesome if this could lead to other solo games for other X-Men who don’t typically get a look in. Games for Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Storm, Kitty Pryde and Jean Grey would all be amazing.

The only other X-Man I can see carrying a solo game would be Deadpool and maybe Gambit.

Ultimate Member

I am so excited for this Wolverine game.

Insomniac have thus far done excellently well with Spider-man, it'll be so cool to play in the X-men side of things with the most popular character from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The only other X-Man I can see carrying a solo game would be Deadpool and maybe Gambit.
    Well maybe they could make a team game with a nice selection of mutants. Deadpool got his solo game quite a while ago now. If Insomniac could make a series of solo X-Men games though of the same length as Miles, that might be interesting.

Thoughts:

- As overexposed as Wolverine is, he probably makes the most sense for a full-fledged console game about short of doing a full-on X-Men game. I mean, it's not even his first solo game (X2: Wolverine's Revenge and the X-Men Origins tie-in game). The latter was actually one of the better received movie tie-in games and I imagine we'll probably see something like that.

- I fully expect we will see plenty of guest stars, both X-Men and otherwise, considering Logan's long list of associates.

- The trailer shows Logan in civvies so I'm wondering what his visual in the game will be. I mean, chances are you'll probably have tons of costumes or skins, but maybe they'll come up with an original Wolverine costume like they did for Spider-Man.

- Will this tie-in with Insomniac's Spider-Man game? Could we get a Wolverine and Spider-Man team-up?

- I wonder what the plot will be. The traditional Wolverine vs. Weapon X story with Sabertooth as a recurring boss?

- Will we have an open world like Spider-Man that you travel around on Logan's bike? Or will it just be level after level with maybe a hub like the X-Mansion?

- I wonder if they'll get Steve Blum back to play Logan or go for someone new. Blum's been playing Wolverine in games for over a decade now, I think.

I get the sense this is going to be a pre X-Men Wolverine game, maybe set in the Canadian forests and with the option of iconic Alpha Flight and Weapon X characters.

I hope it's not pre X-men as I would like Logan's extend cast like Laura and Daken showing up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I get the sense this is going to be a pre X-Men Wolverine game, maybe set in the Canadian forests and with the option of iconic Alpha Flight and Weapon X characters.
    I think at the very least it will be in a less urban setting (i.e. not Manhattan). That way it looks and feels different from their Spider-Man games. If Spider-Man is their GTA equivalent, the Wolverine game might be Red Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think at the very least it will be in a less urban setting (i.e. not Manhattan). That way it looks and feels different from their Spider-Man games. If Spider-Man is their GTA equivalent, the Wolverine game might be Red Dead.
    With maybe a dash of Ghosts of Tsushima...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With maybe a dash of Ghosts of Tsushima...
    Good point.

Looks awesome! Best Wolverine is in street clothes Wolverine.

It seems it confirms old rumor about new Games for Wolverine as God of War style and Daredevil with open world.

P. S. I hope Gambit is in it in any capasity. He always has a great chemistry with Logan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Looks awesome! Best Wolverine is in street clothes Wolverine.

It seems it confirms old rumor about new Games for Wolverine as God of War style and Daredevil with open world.

P. S. I hope Gambit is in it in any capasity. He always has a great chemistry with Logan.
    I'd rather have Nightcrawler.

I hope we get a few X-Men cameos or guest appearances .